Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 22:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: UCLA (Admit), Duke (Admit), NYU (Wait w/ int), Yale (3R), Stanford (3R), Many Dings
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2011, 07:20
I have finished my video interview.

mmm... I feel I could not do well.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2011, 07:28
tropicalisland wrote:
I have finished my video interview.

mmm... I feel I could not do well.

how was it can u share ur experience and the questions u were asked...
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2011, 08:59
just finished mine as well ...WHEW

ill post Qs at 3:00 (central)
Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2011, 11:44
Hey guys- Pretty easy interview questions. Not sure they are the same for everyone, but they are standard questions, like challenges you have faced and what you add to the community. Hope that helps!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2011, 11:52
qaz wrote:
just finished mine as well ...WHEW

ill post Qs at 3:00 (central)
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2011, 11:56
Anyone has connection problems on the interview stream?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2011, 19:13
Post Edited to remove interview questions to be fair to everyone
Manager
Manager
Schools: Yale SOM Class of 2013
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 13

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2011, 06:06
drizall wrote:
For the waitlisters, we should get an answer by May 12th.

How do you know that? Not to rain on anyone's parade but last year people were accepted off the waitlist as late as July. Is there any indication that all waitlisters will hear by May 12?

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Schools: YALE SOM

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2011, 06:33
As far as I understood from the WL manager, I would say that waitlisted people will get an answer by may 12th. I am not saying the final answer, but an update for better or for worse, of their application.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2011, 06:45
Hi all, I just let SOM know that I will be attending a different program, so I hope that opens up a spot for one of you WLers! Best of luck to all.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2011, 08:45
I'm slightly late to the GMATClub game (longtime lurker though).

1. I'm an R3 applicant. Are the SOM WLers so far those who applied in R1 and R2 only? Any WLers from R3?
2. If anyone hears back from SOM on their virtual interview status, please do update this thread as soon as you can! :)
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Affiliations: Tuck - Class of 2013
Schools: Tuck '13 (M)
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: Q V
GMAT 3: Q V
GPA: 3.93
WE: General Management (Consumer Products)
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 34 [1] , given: 2

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2011, 08:54
This post received
KUDOS
Just Finished my video interview.

Procedure:

1 - Follow the link in your email. This will take you to the interviewstream website where you will complete your questions.
2 - Read the details, watch the instruction vid, nothing complicated.
3 - When you click start you'll test your equipment and be offered a test question. Take it, it will give you a feel for the real q's.
4 - Click continue and you'll be given an introduction the the interview by the head of admissions, for me this was actually quite calming and gave me a couple of seconds to breath. The intro implies that not all applicants are given the opportunity to interview and that they are using the system to help reduce carbon footprint. The reputation of Yale for social responsibility leads me to believe that this is probably true, however I'm sure that there is a cost benefit as well so expect other schools to adopt this in the future, particularly for international students.
5 - When you click start the question is both read out by the head of admissions and written on the screen. I read fast so, I got a couple of extra seconds to think about my answer before the recording started.
6 - When the head of admissions finished talking there is a 3, 2, 1, countdown and the recording begins. You'll see a progress bar and a countdown clock. This helped me to frame my answer in the required sixty seconds but made the interview feel frantic and perhaps a bit rushed.
7 - Rinse and repeat for the other two questions.
8 - Click submit, you'll have no opportunity to redo any questions you mess up on so be prepared to give it your best shot first time round.

Thoughts...

I generally approve of this, It's a good way to get some face time with the adcom if visiting is somewhat difficult. The questions are as others have described but with some minor differences so best strategy is to prepare as you would for any other interview but frame your answers in sixty seconds or less.

If anyone still has their interview to complete I hope this helps.

Good luck.

RHB
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2011, 09:38
RHB wrote:
Just Finished my video interview.

Procedure:

1 - Follow the link in your email. This will take you to the interviewstream website where you will complete your questions.
2 - Read the details, watch the instruction vid, nothing complicated.
3 - When you click start you'll test your equipment and be offered a test question. Take it, it will give you a feel for the real q's.
4 - Click continue and you'll be given an introduction the the interview by the head of admissions, for me this was actually quite calming and gave me a couple of seconds to breath. The intro implies that not all applicants are given the opportunity to interview and that they are using the system to help reduce carbon footprint. The reputation of Yale for social responsibility leads me to believe that this is probably true, however I'm sure that there is a cost benefit as well so expect other schools to adopt this in the future, particularly for international students.
5 - When you click start the question is both read out by the head of admissions and written on the screen. I read fast so, I got a couple of extra seconds to think about my answer before the recording started.
6 - When the head of admissions finished talking there is a 3, 2, 1, countdown and the recording begins. You'll see a progress bar and a countdown clock. This helped me to frame my answer in the required sixty seconds but made the interview feel frantic and perhaps a bit rushed.
7 - Rinse and repeat for the other two questions.
8 - Click submit, you'll have no opportunity to redo any questions you mess up on so be prepared to give it your best shot first time round.

Thoughts...

I generally approve of this, It's a good way to get some face time with the adcom if visiting is somewhat difficult. The questions are as others have described but with some minor differences so best strategy is to prepare as you would for any other interview but frame your answers in sixty seconds or less.

If anyone still has their interview to complete I hope this helps.

Good luck.

RHB

thanks for the great debrief.
What were the questions that you were asked...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V47
GPA: 3.4
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Other)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2011, 09:40
Not to rain on anyone's parade here, but were there any R3 applicants other than those that already got in-person interviews that did NOT get the virtual interview? At first I thought it was a good sign but now I'm thinking they just wanted to do a test run with the software. Also for future reference, I got different questions than those already posted by others.

Last edited by NYYankees on 25 Apr 2011, 09:48, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2011, 09:45
@NYYankees - are there R3 applicants who've already been admitted/dinged/waitlisted or have had in-person interviews? :shock: Ouch, that's demoralizing if that's the case...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V47
GPA: 3.4
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Other)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2011, 09:47
according to this forum there are people who have been invited for in-person interviews from R3
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2011, 09:54
NYYankees wrote:
Not to rain on anyone's parade here, but were there any R3 applicants other than those that already got in-person interviews that did NOT get the virtual interview? At first I thought it was a good sign but now I'm thinking they just wanted to do a test run with the software. Also for future reference, I got different questions than those already posted by others.

what were the questions man...
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2011, 10:03
NYYankees wrote:

The other way to look at it is was there any one who was not called for non of them.

1. In-person
2. Virtual Interview
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2011, 10:05
Perhaps the virtual interviews were for international R3 applicants only?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2011, 10:28
Good luck everyone
Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants   [#permalink] 25 Apr 2011, 10:28