Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Aug 2014, 21:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
WE: Corporate Finance (Real Estate)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 45 [1] , given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2012, 13:17
This post received
KUDOS
Consortium R2 here. I got confirmation emails from Michigan,Haas, and Yale.

Haven't heard from Darden and Tuck.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Johnson '14 (M)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [1] , given: 2

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2012, 12:09
This post received
KUDOS
Hey All -

Long time lurker here. All of your posts and insight have really helped me remain sane throughout this whole process, so i figured it only right to contribute as best I can.

I'm a Consortium rd 1 Applicant. Received a call from Johnson last Friday with an IN. Really excited about attending Cornell!! I love everything about that place.

Brief profile of me - Sub 700 GMAT and roughly 3.0 GPA with amost 6 years of work experience.

I havent received my admit package yet, but had some questions for anyone else admitted to Johnson. Its about the Scholarship weekend. Is the "Scholarship weekend" the same as one of the Park finalists weekend? Does being invited to one of these weekends guarantee that you'll be receiving soem financial aid? And lastly, what's the deal with these weekends? Are you competing for a Park fellow, or have they already determined who receives the scholarship? If competing, how many people are you roughly up against and what does the competition consist of?

Thanks in advance for any help. I'd be happy to in turn answer anyones questions.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Volunteer Experience: 24 Months Full-Time
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
GRE 1: 322 Q162 V160
GPA: 3.8
WE: Education (Health Care)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 29 [1] , given: 69

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2012, 08:13
This post received
KUDOS
iamvolitant wrote:
Did anyone apply to Tepper in their consortium application?

my third log in email trickled in yesterday, this one was from tepper and i didn't think much of it, but when i logged in my status said:
"Stage 2: Application Complete pending Interview"
I never got an interview invite in my email, but is this some weird indication that i might be getting one?

just wondering if the same thing happened to anyone else

Nevermind, I got the email today

that counts as my first interview invite from Consortium Round 2!
(ranked them as #6)
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Volunteer Experience: 24 Months Full-Time
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GRE 1: 322 Q162 V160
GPA: 3.8
WE: Education (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 29 [1] , given: 69

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2012, 10:01
This post received
KUDOS
I like that TheSenator,

“Those who are not looking for happiness are the most likely to find it, because those who are searching forget that the surest way to be happy is to seek happiness for others.”
― Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
WE: Sales (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Kudos [?]: 45 [1] , given: 10

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2012, 15:54
This post received
KUDOS
UCLA said they will begin looking at Consortium apps early next week.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
WE: Sales (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Kudos [?]: 45 [1] , given: 10

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2012, 15:56
This post received
KUDOS
Any more RD2 news from Berkeley Haas?

This wait is driving me nuts!!! It's taking every once of my productivity just to maintain my job at a non-fireable level.
1 KUDOS received
UCLA Thread Master
Concentration: Finance
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 47 [1] , given: 76

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2012, 09:35
This post received
KUDOS
iamvolitant wrote:
armymba2012 wrote:
just received an interview invite for Cornell..... :shock:

i applied round 2, in case anyone is wondering.

did you get any confirmation that Cornell received your app beforehand? or was the invite the first you heard back from them?

congrats army!

volitant, when I interviewed at Cornell the invite was the first piece of correspondence i received from them
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, Leadership
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V30

Kudos [?]: 36 [1] , given: 36

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2012, 09:46
This post received
KUDOS
iamvolitant wrote:
did you get any confirmation that Cornell received your app beforehand? or was the invite the first you heard back from them?

the invite was the first time i heard from them...

I'm just an Army Officer with an AWESOME opportunity to attend Johnson at Cornell University while staying in the Army... :-D

thank goodness it's over: 2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595-40.html#p1058537

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2012, 09:48
This post received
KUDOS
TheSenator wrote:
Just to latch on, when you schedule your interview make sure to ask who will be interviewing you. This year they've gotten more professors involved (which is a good thing). Just make sure you are prepared to answer some of the tougher questions they'll likely toss at you.

From my experience, my interviewer was great we dug deep on my intended field of study but I could tell he was testing me to make sure I know what I was talking about.

thanks, senator.... btw, your blog is pretty awesome. it looks even cooler on an ipad (vs. the computer)

I'm just an Army Officer with an AWESOME opportunity to attend Johnson at Cornell University while staying in the Army... :-D

thank goodness it's over: 2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595-40.html#p1058537

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Affiliations: LEAD Program in Business, NSHMBA, NBMBAA
Concentration: General Management

Kudos [?]: 44 [1] , given: 77

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2012, 12:13
This post received
KUDOS
armymba2012 wrote:
thanks, senator.... btw, your blog is pretty awesome. it looks even cooler on an ipad (vs. the computer)

Thank you Army,

After pressing a lot of you all to emerge from the shadows I decided to take my own advice and take my (extended) thoughts public. Be sure to keep up-to-date. I've already gotten 200 hits inside of 15 hours so hopefully it catches on and can help a few people a long the 'Road to the MBA Class of 2014' :)

My Blog - Road to the MBA Class of 2014

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2012, 13:33
This post received
KUDOS
Hello everybody!

I just got receipt from Haas with log-in credentials!

Receipt from Marshall, yesterday. Just waiting for Anderson...
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2012, 19:08
This post received
KUDOS
I'M A CELEBRITY!!! well, not really... haha! :lol:

shout out to TheSenator for quoting me in his blog today!
http://thesenator2014.wordpress.com/201 ... ic-part-2/ (congrats to her, btw -- my husband was looking into that program as well)

anyways, if you haven't checked it out, i recommend you do. it's always nice to read stories like TheSenator's or Money9111's and find comfort in knowing you're not alone on the crazy journey to business school...

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GPA: 3.65
WE: Project Management (Real Estate)

Kudos [?]: 44 [1] , given: 56

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2012, 11:07
This post received
KUDOS
Guys, I'm a round 2 applicant. I just received my first interview invite and it is from none other than my number 2 option, Johnson. I'm very excited and worried at the same time. Please guys for those of you who got accepted, give me some tips for the interview. I will travel to Ithaca on Feb 10.
I'm interested in Real Estate and my ranking is as follows:
-Haas
-Johnson
-Ross
-McCombs
-UNC
-Wisconsin
:lol:
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Affiliations: LEAD Program in Business, NSHMBA, NBMBAA
Concentration: General Management

Kudos [?]: 44 [1] , given: 77

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2012, 11:51
This post received
KUDOS
arzad wrote:
Guys, I'm a round 2 applicant. I just received my first interview invite and it is from none other than my number 2 option, Johnson. I'm very excited and worried at the same time. Please guys for those of you who got accepted, give me some tips for the interview. I will travel to Ithaca on Feb 10.
I'm interested in Real Estate and my ranking is as follows:
-Haas
-Johnson
-Ross
-McCombs
-UNC
-Wisconsin
:lol:

Arzad,

1. Call Johnson and ask who you will be interviewing with.
2. If it's a professor make sure you look up their bio, what they do, what clubs/activities/classes they are involved in so you can speak to that in your interview.
2a. If it's a second year or an adcom I would consult the ClearAdmit Wiki.
3. Regardless of if it's an adcom, prof or student you will get asked: Why your MBA? Why now? Why Cornell? <--you may get Why Johnson? make sure you speak to the opportunities at Johnson as well as Cornell. Finally they'll likely ask you about a leadership situation.
4. It will be conversational so relax and be yourself.

any more questions PM me. Also johnnyGMAT, nessy26x and mixedin86 are all great resources as well.

My Blog - Road to the MBA Class of 2014

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 22 [1] , given: 3

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2012, 13:17
This post received
KUDOS
same here!
method wrote:
Hooray, just received a Ross interview invite for all you in the Consortium pool. :-D
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Tuck '16 (M)
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 14 [1] , given: 5

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2012, 13:22
This post received
KUDOS
method wrote:
Hooray, just received a Ross interview invite for all you in the Consortium pool. :-D

Same here! :)
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
WE: Corporate Finance (Real Estate)

Kudos [?]: 45 [1] , given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2012, 13:26
This post received
KUDOS
I also got a Ross invite! Man, it really feels good to get that first interview!

Anybody know the acceptance rate for interviewees at Ross? Do they interview most applicants?
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GPA: 3.65
WE: Project Management (Real Estate)

Kudos [?]: 44 [1] , given: 56

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2012, 13:29
This post received
KUDOS
Today must be my lucky day!!! I also received a Ross interview invite!!! Please give me some tips for the interview at Michigan.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2012, 20:19
This post received
KUDOS
suchdaddy wrote:
Any Emory applicants going to their Supersaturday this weekend? Or schedule their interview for this weekend? I was late to finding out you can either schedule your interview yourself or wait for an invite.

Not going to supersaturday but recently interviewed with Emory in LA. The interview was very "meh". I definitely got the usual questions like why an mba and why emory which I believe I answered just fine but other than that it was just "meh". I was interviewed by the director of admissions for the one year program which may have had something to do with it.

One other thing I'm curious about. What made some of you apply to 6+ schools? Was it for purely for financial reasons or was it because you really couldn't choose between schools? If it hadn't been for the Consortium would you have applied to so many? 8 or 9 seems excessive to me but I guess everyone's different and has their own reasons for doing it. I guess if you can afford to do it why not! It just seems to be the norm on here which I am pretty surprised by. I applied to only 4 business schools in total and only 3 through the Consortium.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Consortium
Concentration: Finance

Kudos [?]: 62 [1] , given: 37

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2012, 22:13
This post received
KUDOS
Mbahopesful wrote:
suchdaddy wrote:
Any Emory applicants going to their Supersaturday this weekend? Or schedule their interview for this weekend? I was late to finding out you can either schedule your interview yourself or wait for an invite.

Not going to supersaturday but recently interviewed with Emory in LA. The interview was very "meh". I definitely got the usual questions like why an mba and why emory which I believe I answered just fine but other than that it was just "meh". I was interviewed by the director of admissions for the one year program which may have had something to do with it.

One other thing I'm curious about. What made some of you apply to 6+ schools? Was it for purely for financial reasons or was it because you really couldn't choose between schools? If it hadn't been for the Consortium would you have applied to so many? 8 or 9 seems excessive to me but I guess everyone's different and has their own reasons for doing it. I guess if you can afford to do it why not! It just seems to be the norm on here which I am pretty surprised by. I applied to only 4 business schools in total and only 3 through the Consortium.

Welcome to the forum Mbahopesful.

I applied to six schools, all through the Consortium, and i wanted to apply to a few outside the Consortium but asking for more the one recommendation, especially from my boss, was a near impossibility. Getting one was like pulling teeth, as I don't come from a feeder industry and if my boss thought I might be leaving I'd probably be fired before I could put in my two-weeks. That having been said, I applied to so many as a buffer. I'm one of the FEW individuals on this forum that values Scholarship/ Fellowship money and the social environment more than the prestige and academic difference in the programs (100% case study? Kill me now). I figure I'll be alright in the long-run going to any of the top-25, they're all kick-ass IMO, especially considering where I went to undergrad. I'd literally go to USC on a full-ride Consortium Fellowship before HBS having to pay full price, yes, I just said that. So, I applied to 6 that i thought were within my range and that I thought I'd have a decent shot at the fellowship if i was offered admission. Plus, the cost benefits and condensed apps in applying through the Consortium influenced my decision. If it was $300 per app instead of $300 for all six I might have applied to a few less programs. Two months later, I wouldn't change a thing, except for a slight tweak in my rankings, lol 8-)

It's better to be lucky than to be good.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants!   [#permalink] 19 Jan 2012, 22:13