Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 10 Jul 2014, 04:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V48
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2012, 16:02
This post received
KUDOS
I interviewed at Darden, Yale, Tuck, and Wharton, and am happy to share my experience if anyone needs it! Good idea Senator, thanks for taking the lead.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 680 Q V
GPA: 3.25
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 24 [1] , given: 9

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2012, 16:10
This post received
KUDOS
Here to help. Have interviewed with:

Tuck - on campus - 2nd year (self initiated)
Johnson - phone - not an adcom but someone who works with adcom
Anderson - off campus - alum (Boston)
McCombs - skype - adcom
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.4

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2012, 07:33
This post received
KUDOS
kawasaki wrote:
gablaze23 wrote:
rackbar wrote:
Yes, I checked their website when I applied and the applicant-initiated interview was listed as N/A for consortium applicants. Link: tuck[dot]dartmouth[dot]edu/admissions/how-to-apply/important-dates/

Thus, I thought they only invited consortium candidates. Based on what I'm reading on this forum though, it seems their website probably wasn't updated to reflect the new consortium interview policy. Looks like no Tuck for me this year :cry:

I applied to Tuck without self-initiating an interview as well. I did explain it in my "Why Tuck" essay though. I don't think all hope is lost. I spoke to a student who was accepted without self-initiating an interview. He said Tuck will call around 5 weeks before the decision deadline if they are interested :-D

Dont lose hope!! Even though I did not self-initiate an interview, I ranked Tuck as #1 in my rankings and showed deep interest. "Why Tuck" was probably the best essay I wrote. Very curious to see if they will call applicants like us.

Are there any Tuck applicants here who did not self-initiate an interview? Would love to hear from you guys! :-D

Guilty as charged. I think I may not make the cut cause I did not rank them 1st, I am still expectant though that it'll work out.

I was in the same boat, and had them down in my rankings as well. They called me for an interview anyways however.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 35 [1] , given: 24

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2012, 14:38
This post received
KUDOS
Just wanted to post something to be the 1000th post :).
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: UVA (Darden) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V32
GRE 1: 315 Q161 V154
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 17 [1] , given: 14

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2012, 16:59
This post received
KUDOS
Got an invite from Tuck about an hour ago. For the "conspiracy theorists" out there, I ranked them #1
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.55

Kudos [?]: 11 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2012, 13:41
This post received
KUDOS
Hi everyone. I just had my first interview (!) with Johnson. It was a Skype interview with an adcom member. I was a bit nervous but the interview was very conversational. Went overtime (interview lasted almost an hour) but she said it was okay since we had a good conversation (Hope that's a good sign!)

So questions I was asked:

Tell me about yourself.
Why MBA, why now?
Why Cornell?
Tell me about leadership (example)
Greatest failure.
Weaknesses.
Strengths.
What is your greatest fear?
What other schools did you apply to?
How would you prepare for the quantitative portion of MBA? (Notes about my lack of quant classes and Verbal stronger than Quant GMAT from those who reviewed my application) I mentioned about possibly taking courses at the local university but not wanting my core courses to become redundant since a current student mentioned it happening to him. She mentioned the option of enrolling in MBAMath. com to prepare.
How would you contribute to the school?
Is there something I didn’t ask about but you would like me to know? Any concerns you have about your application that you would like to address?
Any questions?

So I'm planning to email my interviewer thanking her - any tips about what the contents should involve? And when? Current day? Next day?

Also, she told me that Consortium applicants should receive a decision by Feb. 21
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2012, 16:14
This post received
KUDOS
Decided to come out from the shadows! I got invited to interview at Yale even though I ranked them last (5th). I'm actually really bummed because I like the program so much more than I did when I submitted the app. Does anyone know WHY the Consortium would provide the rankings to schools prior to admissions decisions? Ugggh, probably going to get dinged, but really hope not.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2012, 21:16
This post received
KUDOS
TheSenator wrote:
"Thank you for applying to the Tuck School of Business through the Consortium for Graduate Study in Management. We have established an account for you in our secure application system. Please follow the directions below to access your account:

Admission decisions will be available at 5:00PM EST on Friday, February 13, 2012. On that date, you will see a link to view your online decision letter. To ensure that your User Name and Password are working properly, please log on to your account prior to the notification date. The Consortium will announce fellowship awards in March."

Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock

February 13 isn't a Friday, it's a Monday. Hmmmm.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Consortium
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 62 [1] , given: 37

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2012, 09:48
This post received
KUDOS
TheSenator wrote:
kawasaki wrote:
You are definitely in an enviable spot Senator with all the admits. Just curious, when push comes to shove and all else being equal what school would you MOST likely matriculate in?

Why thank you kawasaki. IDK, what would you do? I could use advice right now.

kawasaki, I'll be making Senator come to Johnson with me. I may be making you come as well. I'll need some gmatclub roomies out there in Ithaca, haha. :panel

It's better to be lucky than to be good.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 35 [1] , given: 24

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2012, 10:36
This post received
KUDOS
mixedin86 wrote:
TheSenator wrote:
kawasaki wrote:
You are definitely in an enviable spot Senator with all the admits. Just curious, when push comes to shove and all else being equal what school would you MOST likely matriculate in?

Why thank you kawasaki. IDK, what would you do? I could use advice right now.

kawasaki, I'll be making Senator come to Johnson with me. I may be making you come as well. I'll need some gmatclub roomies out there in Ithaca, haha. :panel

Haha... Cornell is definitely a fine choice, and Senator would be one heck of a buddy on campus...I love the focus on Leadership in Cornell and Tuck.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: UVA (Darden) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V32
GRE 1: 315 Q161 V154
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 17 [1] , given: 14

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2012, 11:57
This post received
KUDOS
gablaze23 wrote:
TheSenator wrote:
kawasaki wrote:
Senator, with all the conversations we've had on this forum, I am pretty sure that you'll make the right decision cause you know what you want. Would the $$$ play a part in your decision?

$$$ will play a part. How big of a part when it comes down to it... I'm not sure. I think by the end of next week I'll have it narrowed down to three schools, that I really want to go to.

The decision could be made by the end of this week though. We. Shall. See. #fingerscrossed

Good luck man!! Not that you need any of it, but I am sure you will be offered tons of $$$ everywhere.

Now here's a question to all the other gmatclubbers around here. How much would free $$ play a part in your decision on where to matriculate?

The decision will be really simple for me. I only applied to schools that I was really interested in attending. I also ranked schools in the exact order of my interest...ie, I didn't try to "game the system". As a result, if I do get the fellowship, I will attend the school that gives it to me

Posted from my mobile device Image
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
WE: Corporate Finance (Real Estate)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 45 [1] , given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2012, 10:44
This post received
KUDOS
TheSenator wrote:
First chart compares total intake from last year vs. just gmatclub this year. The bar graph is just gmatclub cgsm applicants. It's a good barometer of where you fit.

We should also mention that gmat cgsm applicants probably represent the best of the cgsm pool, the average cgsm applicant to Tuck doesn't have anywhere near a 693 GMAT.
1 KUDOS received
UCLA Thread Master
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 47 [1] , given: 76

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2012, 06:13
This post received
KUDOS
Just got the admit email from Emory, anyone looking to interview feel free to PM if you have any questions.

PS ranked them 3/5
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GPA: 3.65
WE: Project Management (Real Estate)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 44 [1] , given: 56

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2012, 08:42
This post received
KUDOS
I'm happy to report that I had my interview at Johnson this past Friday. I arrived on Thursday night and stayed at the Courtyard Ithaca, this hotel is highly recommended, they shuttled me around for free. They picked me up at the airport; they drove me to Sage Hall, and took me back to the airport after the interview and info session. The campus is beautiful, and I loved the old world feel. My interview was at 11:15am with a recent grad that is going into consulting full time this summer. We talked for about 45 minutes; other than the traditional questions, she stressed on teamwork dynamics and pressed on the issue of leadership style. Follow up questions are always the hardest, so be on point. After a smooth but intense interview I went to a Q&A held by Consortium students at Johnson that lasted around an hour. It was very informative and I was happy to interact with current students and a couple of members of this forum iamvolitant and treydingo. I think I will be very happy spending 2 years at Johnson, I felt the passion of the consortium members and I hope I get the call from Johnson.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Nonprofit, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.45
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 18 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2012, 07:14
This post received
KUDOS
wow- i wish i would have found this forum sooner. I feel like i've been going through this process all alone. it would have been great to have your insights. I applied to 5 consortium schools- Haas, Yale, USC, UCLA and Emory. So far I interviewed with Yale and have recieved interview requests from USC and Emory. No word from Haas and UCLA... and i've all but given up at this point. I've also applied to Owen, and am considering applying to Wisconsin- as I am a wisconsin resident.

I didn't realize the ranking order was so important, I do know someone who went through the process last year, he got into all three of his schools but was awarded the the fellowship to his 3rd choice.

At this point i just want tMarch to come so that i can sleep normally again.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2012, 12:03
This post received
KUDOS
Sure- He applied to Dartmouth, Yale and CMU (Tepper) he was admitted to all three, but the first two opted not to award fellowship. So he went to Tepper.

I'll go ahead and update my stats but here's the basics: 690 GMAT, 3.45 GPA- Dual Degree- Business Admin and Spanish Language from a state school, 5years work exp in nonprofit management.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
WE: Sales (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Kudos [?]: 45 [1] , given: 10

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2012, 14:40
This post received
KUDOS
mooze wrote:
Opened my email, I see Yale Shool of Management in big fat letters,...then look at the subject line...some marketing newletter. Dagger.

Now I know how it feels to get dumped and the girl who dumped you turn around and include you on a mass email with stories of how great her life is and pictures from her Cancun trip....stupid b****, take me out of your f'ing contacts!!... Whoops, having a bit of a moment... Away, I got the same Yale email.

Posted from my mobile device Image
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Volunteer Experience: 24 Months Full-Time
GRE 1: 322 Q162 V160
GPA: 3.8
WE: Education (Health Care)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 29 [1] , given: 69

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2012, 08:16
This post received
KUDOS
Just got a nice phonecall from Johnson this morning.
I'm IN!
:D
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2012, 10:16
This post received
KUDOS
good to know method! Today I talked to a girl who I met visiting Stern in the fall - she said her Ross interviewer was stressful, but she thinks her experience was the exception and that most people had good experiences. Good luck- hope you get in!

Vamos azul indeed!
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2012, 11:46
This post received
KUDOS
gablaze23 wrote:
kheti wrote:
suchdaddy wrote:
Any new haas or ucla news from anyone?

Posted from my mobile device

Got an UCLA interview invite on Thursday... still no word from Haas :cry: the fact that UCLA came so late encourages me, since they're both public cali schools, i would imagine their process may be similar.

Wow! Glad to hear they have started rolling their invites.

They offered in person or locally with Alumni... they stressed that there is no preference given to coming there. My guess is that they do this because they know they have less time to complete them in than other schools.
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants!   [#permalink] 20 Feb 2012, 11:46