Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 15:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 76

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2011, 15:39
the night of the 5th, but if possible you should try and get it in a bit earlier cause there's gonna be intense traffic and uploading at that time and you don't want to risk something going wrong.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: LEAD Program in Business, NSHMBA, NBMBAA
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 77

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2011, 15:40
armymba2012 wrote:
this may be a silly question..... on the consortium site, it says the application is due on midnight, january 5th.

is that midnight, as in from january 4th -> january 5th at 12am

or midnight, as in the night of january 5th, when midnight is actually 12am on january 6th

Army,

Ditto what johnnygmat says. Last year there was a bit of leeway on this deadline (a few folks submitted a day or two late) but that may not be the case this year. Make sure to have your scores sent in the meantime if you haven't already so there are no delays in application processing.

Good luck!

My Blog - Road to the MBA Class of 2014

VP
VP
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 98

Kudos [?]: 401 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2011, 19:05
Hey all! I've decided that I'm not going to apply to my Consortium schools afterward. While it would be great to get the fellowship I know that won't sway me toward choosing them over my other schools. As deadlines approach I realize that I won't be able to get all of the apps finished by the first week in Jan so I had to make a decision about which schools to let go.

Good luck to everyone! Can't wait to see how the fellowship awards go in the spring.

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, Leadership
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V30
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 36

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2011, 22:17
Thanks! I thought so, but wanted to be sure. I'm actually planning to submit in the next day or so, but was curious in case I needed to make a change.

Good luck everyone and happy new year!

I'm just an Army Officer with an AWESOME opportunity to attend Johnson at Cornell University while staying in the Army... :-D

thank goodness it's over: 2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595-40.html#p1058537

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 76

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2011, 07:42
cheetarah1980 wrote:
Hey all! I've decided that I'm not going to apply to my Consortium schools afterward. While it would be great to get the fellowship I know that won't sway me toward choosing them over my other schools. As deadlines approach I realize that I won't be able to get all of the apps finished by the first week in Jan so I had to make a decision about which schools to let go.

Good luck to everyone! Can't wait to see how the fellowship awards go in the spring.

Sorry to hear you wont be in on the Consortium madness this year, but I totally get your reasons. Good luck with the rest of your apps and keep us posted!
BSchool Thread Master
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 123

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2011, 09:30
armymba2012 wrote:
this may be a silly question..... on the consortium site, it says the application is due on midnight, january 5th.

is that midnight, as in from january 4th -> january 5th at 12am

or midnight, as in the night of january 5th, when midnight is actually 12am on january 6th

I am submitting it on jan 4 9:00PM to avoid any problems. :)
BSchool Thread Master

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2011, 11:54
cheetarah1980 wrote:

Best of luck! :)
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2011, 04:53
All ready to submit, but I had a quick question on the employment part.

I've only worked for one company so I'm unsure if should list all my positions and have several entries, or if I should list the one in this section. Any thoughts?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2011, 06:40
diegole wrote:
All ready to submit, but I had a quick question on the employment part.

I've only worked for one company so I'm unsure if should list all my positions and have several entries, or if I should list the one in this section. Any thoughts?

Diegole,

I would just use one entry and enter your starting position and ending position. If you want to utilize the resume to add more detail that's fine but you'd be better served by keeping it simple. IF you have had a lot of side to side movement (Operations --> Finance --> Marketing) I think it would warrant a bit more detailed explanation on your resume or somewhere in your essay. Otherwise interviews are a good opportunity to indicate you've held many positions without using valuable real estate on your application.

On a side note could you please update your profile to indicate you are applying through Consortium as well as your schools, we would really appreciate it -- we're hoping to collect as much data as possible to make this a richer user experience for all.

Thank you and best of luck on your wrapping up your application!

3 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Cornell (accepted)

Kudos [?]: 25 [3] , given: 4

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2012, 20:46
This post received
KUDOS
I don't do this often - if ever, but I wanted to post this link to my last blog post regarding the looming Consortium application deadline this week.

http://money9111.blogspot.com/2012/01/h ... cants.html

It hopefully offers some advice and solace to those who are still pounding away with essays that are due very shortly!

Find out more about my MBA ADMISSIONS BOOK on how to navigate the b-school application process: http://bit.ly/1a9U7Cl

Blogged my way through the application process, 1st & 2nd year of school at Johnson at Cornell University - Graduated 5/26/2013 - Follow my MBA journey here @ http://www.money9111.blogspot.com | 1 New Post on 10/10
!

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2012, 11:44
2012 Stern applicant here......anyone familiar with Stern's Real Estate Program? I have some questions about it specifically how it partners with/associates with the NYU Schack Institute of Real Estate?
Director
Director
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GRE 1: 336 Q169 V167
GPA: 3.22
WE: Information Technology (Manufacturing)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 146 [0], given: 249

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2012, 12:36
money9111 wrote:
I don't do this often - if ever, but I wanted to post this link to my last blog post regarding the looming Consortium application deadline this week.

It hopefully offers some advice and solace to those who are still pounding away with essays that are due very shortly!

Thanks money, you rock man!

ME: PROFILE | CPA: BEC AUD FAR REG | CMA: ONE TWO

bitly bundles: mba rankings | mba programs

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2012, 13:53
Hey Everyone,

I submitted my consortium application just before the holidays but I haven't recieved confirmation from any of the schools yet. I am still waiting on my membership recommender to submit her recommendation; so will the consortium not send my application to the schools until this is complete? Also, how long does it usually take for the schools to send a confirmation of receipt?

Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2012, 14:23
treydingo wrote:
Hey Everyone,

I submitted my consortium application just before the holidays but I haven't recieved confirmation from any of the schools yet. I am still waiting on my membership recommender to submit her recommendation; so will the consortium not send my application to the schools until this is complete? Also, how long does it usually take for the schools to send a confirmation of receipt?

Thanks!

Trey,

Congrats on the submit! I can shed some light on your questions:

1) Consortium will release your application when all materials have been completed in their entirety. They usually do all of the applications at once so expect to get an e-mail from them about a week after you have submitted.

2) Depending on the schools you are applying to they will have different times when they confirm. Some schools will send receipt and an invite to interview all at the same time. From the schools you are applying to you should hear something within a two - three weeks of when you get the confirm e-mail from CGSM. Yale was very quick for me, Johnson sent me an invite to interview with their confirm. And I cannot speak to Stern.

Good luck with everything and don't worry to much if you don't hear anything right away.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2012, 15:21
Folks, As we approach the deadline for Round Two I want to encourage everyone to please Update Your Profile to reflect that you will be applying to your schools through the Consortium along with your relevant profile stats. It's very simple, just choose: "Consortium, the" as your school and the rest of the process will be self explanatory. Continue to add as many schools as you are applying to.

I know some of you may not be comfortable displaying your schools & stats on the public roll call and that's more than fine. You have the option of adjusting your privacy settings accordingly. However we DO want to collect as much information as possible for the benefit of forum members.

More important than the statistical information, I want to continue to make an appeal to those of you who have not spoken up to at least introduce yourself and say hello... we are a community of supporters and cheerleaders and we all want gmatclub to be a place you can turn to for support in answering your questions, helping you navigate the b-school process or just being a sounding board when you need to let off some steam.

For those of you who have submitted already, make sure you Update Your Profile to reflect submissions, interviews, etc. Thanks to everyone who has joined in the convo so far and updated their information!

Thank you and please drop a post letting us know when you've hit the submit button. :-D

BSchool Thread Master

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2012, 16:49
money9111 wrote:

Big help man. You saved me a heart attack with the IE advice
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2012, 07:12
TheSenator wrote:
Trey,

1) Consortium will release your application when all materials have been completed in their entirety. They usually do all of the applications at once so expect to get an e-mail from them about a week after you have submitted.

2) Depending on the schools you are applying to they will have different times when they confirm. Some schools will send receipt and an invite to interview all at the same time. From the schools you are applying to you should hear something within a two - three weeks of when you get the confirm e-mail from CGSM. Yale was very quick for me, Johnson sent me an invite to interview with their confirm. And I cannot speak to Stern.

Good luck with everything and don't worry to much if you don't hear anything right away.

Thanks! That really helps me out.

I just had one more question. Can you check the status of your mission recommendation like you can with the regular recommendations? Is there a way to see if they have submitted the recommendation or not?
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 47 [1] , given: 76

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2012, 07:30
This post received
KUDOS
treydingo wrote:
TheSenator wrote:
Trey,

Thanks! That really helps me out.

I just had one more question. Can you check the status of your mission recommendation like you can with the regular recommendations? Is there a way to see if they have submitted the recommendation or not?

Hey trey,

Congrats on ur submit and your Emory admit as well. When I submitted I wasn't able to see if my Mission recommender submitted her recommendation, but she told me she did a about 2 weeks before I submitted. However the friday after I submitted (I hit submit on a monday, and the deadline was that tuesday) I received an email saying that they didn't get my mission rec. I then contacted the consortium to inquire then right as I was about to call my recommender to send it again I received a call from The Consortium saying they just got it. I think it may have gotten mixed up in their system, honestly. My advice would be to call them up and ask them if they got it. A few days later I received confirmation from Emory, from Stern a week after that with my login info, an invitation to interview from Cornell the first week in December, and confirmation from USC a week after that. Still no correspondence from UCLA though

Hope this helps
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2012, 07:45
johnnyGMAT2k10 wrote:
Hey trey,

Congrats on ur submit and your Emory admit as well. When I submitted I wasn't able to see if my Mission recommender submitted her recommendation, but she told me she did a about 2 weeks before I submitted. However the friday after I submitted (I hit submit on a monday, and the deadline was that tuesday) I received an email saying that they didn't get my mission rec. I then contacted the consortium to inquire then right as I was about to call my recommender to send it again I received a call from The Consortium saying they just got it. I think it may have gotten mixed up in their system, honestly. My advice would be to call them up and ask them if they got it. A few days later I received confirmation from Emory, from Stern a week after that with my login info, an invitation to interview from Cornell the first week in December, and confirmation from USC a week after that. Still no correspondence from UCLA though

Hope this helps

Thanks Johnny! This does help a lot. I'll give them a call today and hopefully have everything worked out by the deadline tomorrow.
Director
Director
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GRE 1: 336 Q169 V167
GPA: 3.22
WE: Information Technology (Manufacturing)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 146 [0], given: 249

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2012, 08:00
Anyone applied to Olin via Consortium R1? I have had zero response still, which either means a ding or they process them together -- which I thought they didn't. Just trying to read the writing on the wall here... :?

ME: PROFILE | CPA: BEC AUD FAR REG | CMA: ONE TWO

bitly bundles: mba rankings | mba programs

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants!   [#permalink] 04 Jan 2012, 08:00