Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 05:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [2] , given: 7

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2012, 14:03
This post received
KUDOS
gablaze23 wrote:
MIXEDin86 wrote:
I just got the call, landed the Consortium Fellowship at Cornell. I'm pretty sure this is the happiest moment of my 26 years in existence. No idea how I’m going to make it through the next 5 hours of work today. I think I’ll go get drunk on my lunch break, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

:woohoo

Congratulations!! 26 years, you are pretty young! Lol

Please feel free to complete the list with any information you have:

PHONE CALLS STATUS:

Haas =====
UCLA =====
Tepper =====
Johnson ===== Phone calls have started 03/13
Tuck =====
Goizueta =====
Kelley ===== Aprox. Monday 19th
Ross ===== Aprox. Wednesday 15th
UNC =====
Simon =====
Marshall =====
Darden ===== Phone calls have started 03/13
Olin =====
Wisconsin =====
Yale =====
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Affiliations: LEAD Program in Business, NSHMBA, NBMBAA
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 44 [2] , given: 77

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2012, 14:59
This post received
KUDOS
Congrats to all named Consortium Fellows.... just want to remind everyone we have a ways to go before official word on fellowships so don't get too worried yet. Cornell and Darden obviously has an interest in getting folks to commit early (which I think is great). Remember most schools have not made calls.

Good luck to all. Please be sure to update your stats in roll call. Also, I think I'm going to create a Consortium facebook page at the end of this week... I'll post the link later.

My Blog - Road to the MBA Class of 2014

2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 22 [2] , given: 3

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 10:03
This post received
KUDOS
Just got the call!!
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
WE: Sales (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Kudos [?]: 45 [2] , given: 10

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 10:25
This post received
KUDOS
method wrote:
I'm in with the fellowship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!

Styles, I gets buckwild
Method Man on some sh*t, pullin n***** files
I'm sick, insane, crazy, Drivin Miss Daisy
Out her f****** mind now I got mine (fellowship) I'm Swayze

Shout out Method
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, General Management
WE: Corporate Finance (Transportation)

Kudos [?]: 22 [2] , given: 7

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 12:29
This post received
KUDOS
Congrats to everyone who has been admitted. Congrats to everyone who got $$$$$. Thank you for making it rain. For some reason that picture has stayed glued in my mind.

As for the rest of us still waiting, we will all meet light at the end of this long tunnel. This experience has made me to understand why people call patience a virtue. Beware everybody, when I get my admit, my announcement will be over the top :)
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014

Kudos [?]: 8 [2] , given: 4

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 12:39
This post received
KUDOS
danjohn4real: truth.

"Congratulations!!!" to all that recieved good news so far,
"Chin up!" to those that haven't,
"Keep the faith" to those that still might...

Whatever your fate, this will be a memorable time in your life. Try and think of it that way and maybe the minutes will pass a bit more easily.

Posted from my mobile device Image
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [2] , given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 12:46
This post received
KUDOS
For those of you waiting for Marshall, they're calling!!!

In with fellowship!!! I'm freaking out over here.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: NSHMBA
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V46

Kudos [?]: 12 [2] , given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 13:10
This post received
KUDOS
In @ Ross with fellowship!! Got the call about 2 hours ago. See all of the other admits at GBR!
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [2] , given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2012, 07:57
This post received
KUDOS
Dear Yale,

Please start making calls and put us out of our misery. Thanks a bunch!
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V47
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 26 [2] , given: 14

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2012, 12:11
This post received
KUDOS
got a call from yale. offered $$ (but not full tuition cgsm fellowship) congrats everyone and good luck to those still waiting!
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.1

Kudos [?]: 11 [2] , given: 6

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2012, 12:35
This post received
KUDOS
Just got the call from NYU- I got the Consortium fellowship!
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Telecommunications)

Kudos [?]: 9 [2] , given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2012, 14:21
This post received
KUDOS
congrats to those who succeeded today. and for those of us who had a disappointing day, a quick reminder that life is about a lot more than which school you go to or how much debt you accumulate while studying there. you've already proven yourself to be a leader by starting the b-school process. lets not stop here. we are the generation that is destined to change the world and to re-establish this nation as the fountainhead of all innovtion, progress and prosperity.

P.S. 100 pages of comments! obviously we consortium applicants have a lot to say :-p
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Consortium
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 62 [2] , given: 37

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2012, 19:09
This post received
KUDOS
My goodness, there has been soooo much activity on here the past few days. I just want to say congratulations to everybody who has received acceptances and fellowships over the past few days. And to those who are still waiting, we are all rooting for you. Hang in there, there’s still a long way to go. It truly makes me feel warm inside to see the positive outcomes for so many of you who have been posting here on the forum over the past months.

To all the lurkers who came out of the shadows after decisions were released, welcome. We all hope you will all continue to contribute to the community This forum is going to provide an incredible amount of insight to the next class, let’s keep it going
and I hope to see everybody at OP!

It's better to be lucky than to be good.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Last edited by MIXEDin86 on 15 Mar 2012, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Darden '16 (A)

Kudos [?]: 4 [2] , given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2012, 07:40
This post received
KUDOS
I like this thread.

This week, I started as a lurker and was hesitant to join in because I hate admissions forums. Usually, they're just full of people trying to "one-up" each other and destroy the hopes and dreams of those they don't think are good enough to get into a school they themselves have not even gotten into. But, alas, those are the mainstream (non-URM) threads.

But this Consortium thread is really supportive and uplifting. I appreciate how even people who are anxious for their decision quickly respond to congratulate another member on an acceptance. Additionally, I appreciate the stories from others about some of the trials and tribulations they've faced in the b-school application process (some while maintaining a family with kids!) and the success they're enjoying in the end. As a young applicant, 23yrs old, it really humbles me to hear those stories and reassures me that God will have everything work out in the end.

I look forward to the opportunity to join you all as members or fellows in the Consortium. I think the shared experiences as a minorities will be really encouraging during and after business school.

And that's the end of my unsolicited testimony. Congratulations to everyone! :D
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, Leadership
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V30

Kudos [?]: 36 [2] , given: 36

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2012, 12:30
This post received
KUDOS
wow!! there's been a lot of activity on this forum in the last few days!!

congrats to everyone that received a consortium fellowship thus far! there's still money out there and consortium membership letters get mailed out on monday! :woohoo

i actually turned down my consortium fellowship offer from one school to attend Johnson (i received the park leadership fellowship) and have official claimed Johnson on GmatClub as my new home for the next two years :-D

i assumed since i was awarded the consortium fellowship that i gained consortium membership and as long as i attend a member school, i'll be a consortium member (sound assumption, right?).

anyways, good luck to those who are still waiting and to those who are still deciding... :gl

I'm just an Army Officer with an AWESOME opportunity to attend Johnson at Cornell University while staying in the Army... :-D

thank goodness it's over: 2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595-40.html#p1058537

2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, Leadership
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V30

Kudos [?]: 36 [2] , given: 36

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2012, 06:53
This post received
KUDOS
btsl84 wrote:
Uuuuuuuuugh! Officially offered that CGSM fellowship from Anderson. I know it's a positive thing but I don't need to be second guessing myself at this point.

For what's its worth, I think you are in an awesome position. Money no longer dictates where you will go so now you can truly go where you want to go and not have to carry the burden of debt along with you.

(I know you didn't ask, but here's my advice): I think you should take a few days, talk with your GF, and see where you will both be happy for the next 2 years. If its Cali, then take the loss of $3K at Johnson, and head to Cali. If its Johnson, then know that a week or so ago, you made the right choice. Either way, you win!

Good luck with your decision. At the end of the day, you're going to end up exactly where you are supposed to be. :-)

I'm just an Army Officer with an AWESOME opportunity to attend Johnson at Cornell University while staying in the Army... :-D

thank goodness it's over: 2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595-40.html#p1058537

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 01-14-2012
GPA: 3.55
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [2] , given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2012, 13:36
This post received
KUDOS
Just got a call from Darden! In w/full tuition. I ranked them #2.

2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GRE 1: 336 Q169 V167
GPA: 3.22
WE: Information Technology (Manufacturing)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 145 [2] , given: 249

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2012, 15:53
This post received
KUDOS
MIXEDin86 wrote:
method wrote:
Sweet! Same here, going with the wife! And ya, dual degree MBA/MPP.

AND he got a full fellowship for his MPP + Living expenses. Don't be shy Method, I see you. haha

Yeah, I don't know how all this happened exactly, but I'm thinking about buying a bunch of powerball tickets right now. Seriously though, as one of my recommenders said, I might be going to grad school loan-free, but I've got a truckload of pay-it-forward debt. Gotta own it and follow through now!

ME: PROFILE | CPA: BEC AUD FAR REG | CMA: ONE TWO

bitly bundles: mba rankings | mba programs

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 94

Kudos [?]: 399 [1] , given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Jun 2011, 02:53
This post received
KUDOS
jp0812 wrote:
Greetings!

I will possibly be applying via the consortium though I am only currently interested in UNC and Emory from the participating schools.

Do you think it's worth it to go through the consortium if only applying to 2 schools or should just apply individually?

It's definitely worth it to apply through the Consortium. Here is why:
1) You will pay less in application fees.
2) You will write fewer essays
3) You give yourself a very good shot at a full-scholarship if you are accepted to the school
4) Being accepted to the Consortium can add another powerful group of people to your network.

Hope that's enough reason for you.

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com

1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 94

Kudos [?]: 399 [1] , given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Jun 2011, 02:56
This post received
KUDOS
Nessy26X wrote:
Still a little confused about the consortium. I will definitely be applying but, do you have to apply to the consortium and be accepted in order for the applications to go through to all 3-6 schools? Or, is it that you can apply, not get the fellowship, but still have all of your desired schools receive your applications, and thus you receive no funding through the organization? Anyway, new on here and this is the year...I've been holding back applying the past few, but it's GO time!

You apply to the schools through the consortium. Once you apply and pay the application fee your apps will be sent to the schools you have selected. The schools then determine whether or not to accept you. Once you are accepted to the school THEN you are considered for acceptance into the Consortium and more importantly the Consortium Fellowship. Ultimately, you are applying to the schools first, the Consortium second (but it's all one application submitted at one time).

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com

Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants!   [#permalink] 28 Jun 2011, 02:56