Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Nov 2014, 17:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 6

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Sep 2011, 16:01
meprarth wrote:
ANy idea what percent oif the class has less than 4 years exp?

Those stats are not given.
2 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Schools: Tuck
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 118 [2] , given: 6

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Sep 2011, 21:12
This post received
KUDOS
mn2010 wrote:
Does any know of a good hotel nearby ? I know there are 2 right on campus but they are somewhat expensive. Anyone knows about Chieftain Inn ? how far is it from campus ? etc

You may want to check out hotels in either West Lebanon or White River Junction. Much cheaper.

As far as transportation, the Hanover area has a great bus system and it's FREE!! I've taken it a few times and it makes run through Lebanon, West Lebanon and White River Junction I believe.

The website is pretty cool. You can check, in real-time, where the buses are. They'll drop you off right in the middle of campus. Some of the hotels in Lebanon or WRJ have shuttles to Dartmouth as well.

http://www.advancetransit.com/

RF

Take a Survey about GMAT Prep - Win Prizes!

BSchool Thread Master
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 129 [0], given: 76

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Sep 2011, 23:32
That's excellent info, refurb. Thanks a lot!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2011, 17:00
losttraveler wrote:
September was open a few weeks ago for interviews.. mine is set for the 23rd

I will have mine on the 23rd too. :-D
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2011, 01:14
Hi Current Tuck students:

A quick question about essay word limit. Tuck recommends 500 words per essay. Is it OK if one of the essays is longer (700~800)? I've had two jobs; and both's experience is related to long term goal. That's why that essay is longer.

Also, is a car necessary in Hanover? Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.13
WE: Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 46

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2011, 07:22
Just signed up for my interview/visit for October 17!

This will be my 2nd time coming up to Tuck as I came in July for a summer visit. I'm excited to see the school in action. Also, last time I was there I got in the night before, and then left right after, so I didn't have much time to explore the Hanover area. I'll have more time this time, so I have a question for any Tuck students/alum: Is there anywhere I should definitely check out during my time there? I'm trying to get the full idea of what it would be like living in Hanover.

Thanks!

Go Blue!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: CBS Class of 2014
Concentration: Finance
Schools: CBS '14 (M)
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 8

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2011, 08:49
Well, I plan on visiting the local watering hole to see what kind of female demographic there will be to eh... study after class :P

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 9

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2011, 01:26
I am an International applicant from India and planning to apply in Round 1.
My total work experience is 8.5 years, predominantly into IT with the last 2.5 years with a major US bank's technology center in Mumbai, India.

Does anyone have any idea about the mode of interviews for candidate located outside the US of A?
Is it necessarily a Skype or do we have an adcom/alumni member flying down to conduct the face to face interviews?

I have never had a Skype interview before and so want to be prepared if I manage to get an interview call.

Thanks in advance to all those who will reply to my query. All the best everyone!

I don't know if getting everything I want would make me happy, but the opposite is not working at all!!

Current Student

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2011, 16:01
neosumit wrote:
I am an International applicant from India and planning to apply in Round 1.
My total work experience is 8.5 years, predominantly into IT with the last 2.5 years with a major US bank's technology center in Mumbai, India.

Does anyone have any idea about the mode of interviews for candidate located outside the US of A?
Is it necessarily a Skype or do we have an adcom/alumni member flying down to conduct the face to face interviews?

I have never had a Skype interview before and so want to be prepared if I manage to get an interview call.

Thanks in advance to all those who will reply to my query. All the best everyone!

It would be Skype or telephone.
Current Student

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2011, 16:03
dropoutloser wrote:

A quick question about essay word limit. Tuck recommends 500 words per essay. Is it OK if one of the essays is longer (700~800)? I've had two jobs; and both's experience is related to long term goal. That's why that essay is longer.

Try to be closer to 700 and you should be okay (assuming this is for essay 1). Make sure, however, that your other essays stay near the 500 word count.

A car is not necessary unless you plan on living far from campus. There are always students, with cars, willing to help out other students, without cars.
Current Student

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2011, 16:05
tfincham86 wrote:
Just signed up for my interview/visit for October 17!

This will be my 2nd time coming up to Tuck as I came in July for a summer visit. I'm excited to see the school in action. Also, last time I was there I got in the night before, and then left right after, so I didn't have much time to explore the Hanover area. I'll have more time this time, so I have a question for any Tuck students/alum: Is there anywhere I should definitely check out during my time there? I'm trying to get the full idea of what it would be like living in Hanover.

Thanks!

Murphys is a popular bar/restaurant for Tuck students.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2011, 20:30
Thank you so much!

Tuck2013 wrote:
dropoutloser wrote:

Try to be closer to 700 and you should be okay (assuming this is for essay 1). Make sure, however, that your other essays stay near the 500 word count.

A car is not necessary unless you plan on living far from campus. There are always students, with cars, willing to help out other students, without cars.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Phi Beta Kappa
Concentration: International Business, Other
Schools: Columbia - Class of 2014
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 9

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Sep 2011, 04:29
Anyone here going to the diversity conference?

Current Student

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Sep 2011, 11:10
NoggieViking wrote:
Anyone here going to the diversity conference?

Have invites started coming out?
Manager
Manager

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Sep 2011, 11:13
I've received my invite, at least. I plan on attending. Do you know if it has any bearing on the application itself?

Current Student

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Sep 2011, 16:28
NoggieViking wrote:
I've received my invite, at least. I plan on attending. Do you know if it has any bearing on the application itself?

Attending won't necessarily get you in. However, Tuck cares a lot about fit so if you can go I would try to attend. Can't you use that weekend for an interview? I'm not 100% sure on that but I would inquire.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: CBS Class of 2014
Concentration: Finance
Schools: CBS '14 (M)
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 8

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2011, 04:37
Goodluck to all those Tuck apps! Great school and I really loved my visit... unfortunately CBS edged out just a bit for me so I withdrew my app after getting my admit. Good news is... now 1 more seat will be open at Tuck! :P

Manager
Manager

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2011, 07:09
Hmm... My #1 essay is 600 words, #2 is 630, and #3 is 500. I should be able to make my #4 ~500 words. Any thoughts on whether these are too long? I have been working on these, and a bunch others that I've used inspiration from, for some time and feel that all info in them is necessary. However, I could just have fallen in love with them and therefore be blind.. Anyone? At the summer visit day, they stressed more that the essay's should be double spaced and "not 45 pages long" than word count..

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 118

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2011, 08:24
NoggieViking wrote:
Hmm... My #1 essay is 600 words, #2 is 630, and #3 is 500. I should be able to make my #4 ~500 words. Any thoughts on whether these are too long? I have been working on these, and a bunch others that I've used inspiration from, for some time and feel that all info in them is necessary. However, I could just have fallen in love with them and therefore be blind.. Anyone? At the summer visit day, they stressed more that the essay's should be double spaced and "not 45 pages long" than word count..

My first essay is coming to around 670 words but the rest are under 500 words.
Director
Director
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Followers: 66

Kudos [?]: 159 [0], given: 57

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2011, 12:40
Hi

I have 5.7 years of Work experience in IT recruitment(India)...though its not a Post graduate exp...I did my Graduation from University of delhi-B.COMP Correspondence.

After my High school i started working..I have a Diploma in aviation as well....

So i have few Ques's Hope some one can answer them..

1) With a graduation in correspondence can i apply to Tuck? If Yes,

2) What is the gmat score requirement? i know there is not fix score but on average?

Thank you

General GMAT useful links-->

Indian Bschools Accepting Gmat | My Gmat Daily Diary | All Gmat Practice CAT's | MBA Ranking 2013 | How to Convert Indian GPA/ Percentage to US 4 pt. GPA scale | GMAT MATH BOOK in downloadable PDF format| POWERSCORE CRITICAL REASONING BIBLE - FULL CHAPTER NOTES | Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests | Best GMAT Stories - Period!

More useful links-->

GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios| GMAT and MBA 101|Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT|New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>|GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application|

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

"Ultimate" Study Plan for Verbal on the GMAT|Books to Read (Improve Verbal Score and Enjoy a Good Read)|Best Verbal GMAT Books 2012|Carcass Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section|Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book from GC club [Free Download]|Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia|Souvik's The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC|ALL SC Rules+Official Qs by Experts & Legendary Club Members|Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik|Critical Reasoning Shortcuts and Tips|Critical Reasoning Megathread!|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- CR|GMAT Club's Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- RC|Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia|ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 16 Sep 2011, 12:40