Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:16 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Phi Beta Kappa
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: International Business, Other
Schools: Columbia - Class of 2014
Send PM
Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
shorttheworld wrote:
anyone have any tips as for things they ask during the on campus interview and also i have an 11 o clock visit/interview set up, how will that play out? tour and class first then interview or does it vary based on the time? applying EA :)

My interview was at 11am, and the setup was as follows: 830 - 1000 class visit, 10-11 nothing, 11 am interview, then lunch w/ whole group (i.e., all who were there that day), then tour, then Q&A.

I've had no issues with Tuck Connections, spoke on the phone w/ my alumnus connection in June sometime. Great guy, just fyi. They all seem to be.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 216 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.37
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Anyone have any ideas for the international experience mini-essay?

"Briefly describe all experiences you have working, studying, living, or traveling outside your home country. Include the location, purpose, and length of stay. If relevant, reflect on how these experiences have shaped your world view. (Limit 250 words)"

It's throwing me for a bit of a loop because I've spent a lot of time abroad, and it seems like it'd be impossible to address each individual trip. I think what I'll end up doing is grouping trips together by geographic area.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General
 Q48  V36 GMAT 2: 740  Q50  V41
WE 1: Manufacturing
WE 2: Analytics
Send PM
jko wrote:

"Briefly describe all experiences you have working, studying, living, or traveling outside your home country. Include the location, purpose, and length of stay. If relevant, reflect on how these experiences have shaped your world view. (Limit 250 words)"

It's throwing me for a bit of a loop because I've spent a lot of time abroad, and it seems like it'd be impossible to address each individual trip. I think what I'll end up doing is grouping trips together by geographic area.

my condition is 180degrees of your's ... very limited travelling outside my own country... :cry:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
jko wrote:

Whatever is most meaningful or unique.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Just submitted my Tuck essay. Good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
-edited-

Originally posted by gijoedude on 28 Sep 2011, 20:08.
Last edited by gijoedude on 28 Sep 2011, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Send PM
Quote:
I have a question about the essays. A setback I experienced determined my career goal.
I was planning to say "My career goal is XYZ. I am interested in this because of a setback I had. I dealt with setback in ABC ways. This taught me PQR and this is why I want to do XYZ." The 3rd essay asks for setback, but I already accounted for it in essay 1. Any suggestions on how I should keep the two separate?

If you're using "Setback A" in the Why MBA/Career goals essay, then you're probably going to want to think of a "Setback B" for your setback essay.

Alternatively, if you think Setback A is far more compelling than any other setback you can think of, you might want to use it for your setbacks essay (and not mention it in your Why MBA/Career goals essay).

Just my 2 cents.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Tuck2013 wrote:
jko wrote:

Whatever is most meaningful or unique.

During my visit/interview yesterday I asked Christie St.John, Admission Officer, how one should answer this question and she said that if there is a lot of travel experience one should pick a few examples and tell why they were the most meaningful to them. I hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2012
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
Send PM
rajadi wrote:
Hi All,

Any idea when Tuck Connections would open? Have been visiting the site quite often, but no luck..

Hey already open. I sent the request on 17 Sep, replied on 20 Sep and I talked to the alum already.
Great sharing.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Quote:
kt780 wrote:
jko wrote:

my condition is 180degrees of your's ... very limited travelling outside my own country... :cry:

I am in the same boat...I have not visited any foreign land but, on a different note, my boss is an American and we are jointly leading a product for past 3 years and we talk/skype almost every day...fortunately,he has agreed to give me a reco....but I am not sure if the admissions committee would take that as "Global Experience"...please somebody suggests...
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: None
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
WE:Corporate Finance (Computer Software)
Send PM
Just submitted...good luck everyone else, should make for an interesting december....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Turbonash6 wrote:
Just submitted...good luck everyone else, should make for an interesting december....

Congrats on submitting your application. My apps are ready just waiting for GMAT to send my official scores. Tuck doesn't allow students to apply until they have received the official scores by the application deadline.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: None
Concentration: Finance
WE:Corporate Finance (Computer Software)
Send PM
Oh nice, yeah I had GMAC send them the scores back in August, and then I sent an email over to Tuck Admissions to confirm they got the scores, which they did. Now its just waiting...Feels good to have the essays done and not keep thinking in the back of the mind if I should adjust them or not :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Turbonash6 wrote:
Oh nice, yeah I had GMAC send them the scores back in August, and then I sent an email over to Tuck Admissions to confirm they got the scores, which they did. Now its just waiting...Feels good to have the essays done and not keep thinking in the back of the mind if I should adjust them or not :)

+1 it is uber nice to not have to freak out as the deadline for EA approaches.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 375 [0]
Given Kudos: 118
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Regarding the application for scholarship when you emailed the app did you attach the bio essay with it or is their some other means to upload the essay?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
WE:Research (Health Care)
Send PM
In Tuck application under transcript section...I have 4 pages of my undegrd transcript and when I am uploading them one by one I can only see the last one that I have uploaded... How can I see all 4 pages after uploading? or is there other way to upload...
Sorry for this dump question... this is my first ever b school application...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
app2012 wrote:
In Tuck application under transcript section...I have 4 pages of my undegrd transcript and when I am uploading them one by one I can only see the last one that I have uploaded... How can I see all 4 pages after uploading? or is there other way to upload...
Sorry for this dump question... this is my first ever b school application...

I think you can only upload one item per school. I would try combining them into a single PDF document and uploading that way.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  70   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts