Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:02 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GRE 1: Q800 V560
GPA: 3.01
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1263 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Keats wrote:
Why is this thread so dead :| Can anyone who has taken his/her interview at Fisher, share his/her experience. This can help a lot of us who are yet to interview.

Thank You!

Hi Keats! The interview experience has been discussed earlier in the thread. You can find a nice post by Ramrod2615 on page 1 about his experience. Personally, I would say that my experience was very similar to Ramrod2615's. I don't want to share specific questions, but I'll say that there are lots of different ways to ask the same basic questions, such as "what are your strengths and weaknesses?" So, as long as you have answers prepared for all the basic MBA interview questions you should be fine. Most importantly, make sure you know why you want to get an MBA and why Fisher is a good fit for you. If an applicant can't answer this question well, then they probably shouldn't be getting an MBA.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Is there any FB group for admitted applicants?
Director
Director
Send PM
citywalk wrote:
Hi Keats! The interview experience has been discussed earlier in the thread. You can find a nice post by Ramrod2615 on page 1 about his experience. Personally, I would say that my experience was very similar to Ramrod2615's. I don't want to share specific questions, but I'll say that there are lots of different ways to ask the same basic questions, such as "what are your strengths and weaknesses?" So, as long as you have answers prepared for all the basic MBA interview questions you should be fine. Most importantly, make sure you know why you want to get an MBA and why Fisher is a good fit for you. If an applicant can't answer this question well, then they probably shouldn't be getting an MBA.

Thanks citywalk! I did read Ramrod2615 and souvilibra interview experience and I see that they both had really great interviews. I wanted to learn about some more experiences so thought that I should write!

Thank you to you too for sharing your experience. All of this helps.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
souvilibra wrote:
Is there any FB group for admitted applicants?

Yes, there is. Julee Condrad, from Fisher, told me about it. I think it's called "Fisher College Class of 2019 - Admitted Students," but I'm not 100% sure.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
WE:Business Development (Retail Banking)
Send PM
i submit my application by Dec 15 Deadline. have received an interview invites yesterday. Scheduled for Jan 20. hope it will go well..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V33
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
my application page says:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Congratulations! You have been recommended for admission to the Fisher College of Business Full - Time MBA Program beginning Autumn 2017.

As an international applicant, you will soon be receiving communication from The Ohio State University regarding your financial review process. You will have approximately 60 days to submit your required financial documents in order to reserve your spot in the Full - Time MBA program.

Once your financial documentation has been approved, you will receive your official notification of admission from The Ohio State University. If you do not provide the documentation within the specified timeframe, the Full - Time MBA program reserves the right to cancel your recommended admission.

If you have any questions about the financial review process, please contact the Graduate School Admissions Office at gradadmissions@osu.edu or +1-614-292-9444.

We look forward to welcoming you into the Fisher College of Business.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does this mean I got ACCEPTED to Fisher??? Someone who received similar message please clarify. Also, Did anyone who received similar message received any scholarship information?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congratulations Bhargavram100! It sounds like you were admitted conditionally. If you successfully complete the financial review process then you will likely be officially admitted.

An update to my FB page post: The official group is "Fisher College of Business - MBA Class of 2019!"

Dharou, congratulations on getting an interview invite. As has been discussed before, just make sure you prepare answers to all the standard MBA interview questions and you'll do great!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Anyone mind sharing your experience of the interview with Fisher's CMC? Thanks! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.16
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
Bncong wrote:
Anyone mind sharing your experience of the interview with Fisher's CMC? Thanks! :)

Overall great experience. My interviewer definitely expected a well thought-out and realistic short and long term career goal for myself as well as the usual questions about why an MBA is needed to attain my specific goals. Not very threatening but if I were to offer a piece of advice, in general, just know how the career goal and an MBA specifically from Fisher tie into that.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Bncong wrote:

I was never able to figure out if this was an "interview" or a "conversation." My feeling is that it's just a conversation. You will be asked very basic questions, such as "What are your career goals?" And the representative will tell you about the services offered by the CMC at Fisher. Don't worry about it too much. Just be straightforward and come with your own questions about the CMC.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
citywalk wrote:
Bncong wrote:

I was never able to figure out if this was an "interview" or a "conversation." My feeling is that it's just a conversation. You will be asked very basic questions, such as "What are your career goals?" And the representative will tell you about the services offered by the CMC at Fisher. Don't worry about it too much. Just be straightforward and come with your own questions about the CMC.

Thanks a lot for your sharing. Is it long or just as short as the first interview (like 30 minutes or so)? Do you know how Fisher weights this second interview?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Keats wrote:
Why is this thread so dead :| Can anyone who has taken his/her interview at Fisher, share his/her experience. This can help a lot of us who are yet to interview.

Thank You!

It's almost about teamwork, so you better prepare carefully about this topic. I did not perform very well, but it is still a really nice conversation. Good luck :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
citywalk wrote:
Congratulations Bhargavram100! It sounds like you were admitted conditionally. If you successfully complete the financial review process then you will likely be officially admitted.

An update to my FB page post: The official group is "Fisher College of Business - MBA Class of 2019!"

Dharou, congratulations on getting an interview invite. As has been discussed before, just make sure you prepare answers to all the standard MBA interview questions and you'll do great!

Thanks for the advice citywalk , i'll try to prepare and rehearse it in this coming week. i hope to have a great interview like all of you had shared before.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Bhargavram100

Thats an official admit, not a conditional one. Congratulations and welcome to the admit group. I believe this is the template for all international students. Do not worry about that. You will recieve formal emails over the next week. And yes, you will be notified in a separate email, if you qualify for any student aid.
Director
Director
Send PM
Admitted with $$

Got a phone call from my interviewer almost an hour back. Thank you citywalk Ramrod2615 Dharou Bncong for all the help throughout the process!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Congratulations Keats! I'm very happy for you!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Keats wrote:
Admitted with $$

Got a phone call from my interviewer almost an hour back. Thank you citywalk Ramrod2615 Dharou Bncong for all the help throughout the process!

Congratz Keats ..
I Got Admitted too. :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts