Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 23:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Fisher - Ohio State Fall 2010 applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Fisher, Mason
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Calling All Fisher - Ohio State Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2010, 08:47
This post received
KUDOS
I scoured the forums and couldn't find any thread directly related to Ohio State's Fisher College of Business. So here it is. Post your application status ect.

Sometimes the smaller schools seem to be skipped over. ; )

Fisher, Mason

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fisher - Ohio State Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2010, 15:29
I guess, i will start it off. I got an Admit from Fisher for Round 2.

Fisher, Mason

Current Student
Schools: Emory 2012
WE 1: 1 yr proprietary trading
WE 2: 2 yrs global ibank in municipal derivatives
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 11

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Fisher - Ohio State Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2010, 16:06
I was actually very impressed by Fisher. I met with their admissions people in NY a few weeks ago. Haven't applied yet; not sure if I will, but think that it's a good program. What will you be studying there?

http://www.mbavolunteers.org - check it out

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Fisher - Ohio State Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2010, 19:39
The ability to make your own major is the overall idea i am taking from Fisher. But if i had to nail the idea down to one area i would say an Entrepreneurship like concentration. The reason being is that i want learn as much as i can from all areas of a business rather than specialize in just one. A jack of all trades if you must ; )

I too was impressed with how fisher presented itself, both at the MBA fair and at the campus. They really do a great job for being a smaller program. Network, Network, Network :lol:

Fisher, Mason

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fisher - Ohio State Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2010, 00:05
Fisher impressed me as well. It definitely seems like a solid program and living on the the Ohio State campus for two years would be a blast. Looking at their job placement post-MBA, it seems as if most people find employment in the Midwest. It is regional, but it is definitely a strong name in the region. With that said, the manner in which the school presents itself makes me believe they may bust out of the regional stereotype soon as they seem to be generating interest on here as well as the BW forum
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Fisher - Ohio State Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2010, 07:43
IronCondor wrote:
Fisher impressed me as well. It definitely seems like a solid program and living on the the Ohio State campus for two years would be a blast. Looking at their job placement post-MBA, it seems as if most people find employment in the Midwest. It is regional, but it is definitely a strong name in the region. With that said, the manner in which the school presents itself makes me believe they may bust out of the regional stereotype soon as they seem to be generating interest on here as well as the BW forum

That's my hope as well. I know they are strong regionally, but beyond the midwest i would like to see them grow. Especially since, in all likelyhood, i will be going there in the fall. One never knows when he/she needs to move to a new part of the country. so *crosses fingers*

Fisher, Mason

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Fisher - Ohio State Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2010, 20:20
Just a casual bump to bring this thread back up.

Fisher, Mason

Current Student
Schools: Georgetown

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fisher - Ohio State Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2010, 02:44
Got accepted to Fisher too.

Pondering between Fisher and Georgetown will most likely end up in the second.

But I must say, that they have impressed me as well. A lot of communication from their part, always friendly, always helpful and a cute admissions decision message.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Fisher - Ohio State Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 May 2012, 21:58
Hi FNDelta. Congrats on your admit. I like to have a benchmark. Can you tell me more about your background and what kind of companies you're interested in working for in the midwest? Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, Statistics
Schools: Ross (Michigan) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.31
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 49

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Fisher - Ohio State Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 May 2012, 05:59
crichton11 wrote:
Hi FNDelta. Congrats on your admit. I like to have a benchmark. Can you tell me more about your background and what kind of companies you're interested in working for in the midwest? Thanks!

since you are new to the site, i figured I'd help you out even if you are asking about my schools arch-rival :lol: .

Here is the link to the newest Ohio State application thread

ohio-state-fisher-2012-calling-all-applicants-120266.html?fl=similar

GO BLUE!

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Fisher - Ohio State Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 May 2012, 00:08
Haha. Thanks!
Re: Calling All Fisher - Ohio State Fall 2010 applicants!   [#permalink] 16 May 2012, 00:08