Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 20:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2010, 20:58
Received an interview invitation this morning :)

R1 applicants, please share your interview experiences and the questions.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2010, 21:32
Received Interview today Invite Yeyyyyyy ......

My status in the application never changed though ... I think it is because I could not submit my official transcripts, I had just sent out a photocopy instead.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2010, 21:34
My interview was pretty standard. Why MBA? Why now? and why Georgetown? Apart from this I was asked questions specific to my work experience and the community work I've been involved in. I'm from India, so the interviewer probed to understand how I view cultural differences, differences in professional cultures and stuff like that. It ended with a few questions from my side.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Darden, Duke, Booth, Texas, Georgetown
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2010, 21:53
Who else is going to the admitted students weekend in feb?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2010, 22:41
Few questions regarding interview.. I hope someone can answer these ...

1 - We have the option for off campus interview, but is there any preference that Admissions has for On campus interview.
2 - Does the person who will take the on-campus interview read our Application or would it be more like black box interview...
3 - Is Feb 2nd week a good time to visit campus and have teh interview? Will there be currents students on campus at that time?

Thank you!
Current Student
WE 1: 5- hr

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2010, 23:39
Hoping4best wrote:

1 - We have the option for off campus interview, but is there any preference that Admissions has for On campus interview.
2 - Does the person who will take the on-campus interview read our Application or would it be more like black box interview...
3 - Is Feb 2nd week a good time to visit campus and have teh interview? Will there be currents students on campus at that time?

Thank you!

Congratulations to all who receive interview invite and to myself- my online status still says submitted although I got the invite 10 hours ago.
anyway- I can not interview on campus and off campus because locations are not convenient for me. every listed place requrires a visa and an international travel for me..
Does Georgetown offer teleconference or other kind of stuff for interview? I am even fit for a phone interview does anybody have any idea?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2010, 00:03
westsew wrote:

Congratulations to all who receive interview invite and to myself- my online status still says submitted although I got the invite 10 hours ago.
anyway- I can not interview on campus and off campus because locations are not convenient for me. every listed place requrires a visa and an international travel for me..
Does Georgetown offer teleconference or other kind of stuff for interview? I am even fit for a phone interview does anybody have any idea?

I called their office before and they said they don't do phone interviews. I'm not sure if this still holds. It might be a good idea to call their office again to inquire.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2010, 00:07
connecticket wrote:
My interview was pretty standard. Why MBA? Why now? and why Georgetown? Apart from this I was asked questions specific to my work experience and the community work I've been involved in. I'm from India, so the interviewer probed to understand how I view cultural differences, differences in professional cultures and stuff like that. It ended with a few questions from my side.

Thanks buddy! Yes, sounds pretty much like standard stuff. What was the mode of the interview - F2F with AdCom, telephonic, or alum?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2010, 00:08
Hoping4best wrote:

Thank you!

#2 - The interview is conducted blind, so you can actually use the stories you have shared in your essays. They will also ask you to bring an updated resume.
Current Student

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2010, 00:33
hserfoj wrote:
westsew wrote:

I called their office before and they said they don't do phone interviews. I'm not sure if this still holds. It might be a good idea to call their office again to inquire.

Ohh that's very bad for me. I shall check with them also.
so what did you do?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2010, 02:15
westsew wrote:
hserfoj wrote:
westsew wrote:

Ohh that's very bad for me. I shall check with them also.
so what did you do?

I got a Visa then traveled to another country. Call them up, maybe they now grant phone interviews. :-D
Current Student

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2010, 03:22
hserfoj wrote:

I got a Visa then traveled to another country. Call them up, maybe they now grant phone interviews. :-D

:) cool.. yes maybe I should give it a try.
are you in georgetown now?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2010, 06:37
hookemhorns86 wrote:

I'll be there! I love all of the activity on this message board this year.
Current Student
Schools: Georgetown '12

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2010, 07:40
Kiki723 wrote:
hookemhorns86 wrote:

I'll be there too. Any suggestions on the attire ? Are suits a norm for the admit weekends ?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2010, 07:48
vishwa wrote:
Kiki723 wrote:
hookemhorns86 wrote:

I'll be there too. Any suggestions on the attire ? Are suits a norm for the admit weekends ?

No clue. It said details would be included in the info packet so maybe it will say.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Georgetown, UNC, Emory, GeorgiaTech
WE 1: Product Engineering
WE 2: Logistics & Inventory
WE 3: Product Information & Pricing Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2010, 10:08
Did you guys stay in touch with the Adcom during your wait period?

My status hasn't changed and I found a small error in my application. (primary language vs. second language)

Would you guys suggest contacting the adcom? How about the communication during the wait period after your submission?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2010, 10:13
hwiya320 wrote:

My status hasn't changed and I found a small error in my application. (primary language vs. second language)

Would you guys suggest contacting the adcom? How about the communication during the wait period after your submission?

I did my interview during the open interview period in October and did not have any contact with them until I heard my decision last week (in).
Intern
Intern
Schools: Georgetown

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2010, 10:57
I submitted my app early for R2 and have an interview scheduled for next week. My app had original transcripts, both recommendations submitted before the deadline, everything completed, but my status still hasn't changed from 'Submitted'... Should I call about this?

Thanks! And congrats to everyone who got in R1!! :)
Current Student
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 21

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2010, 11:09
hwiya320 wrote:

I don't think that would make any difference.
Current Student
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 21

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2010, 11:11
katey998 wrote:
I submitted my app early for R2 and have an interview scheduled for next week. My app had original transcripts, both recommendations submitted before the deadline, everything completed, but my status still hasn't changed from 'Submitted'... Should I call about this?

Thanks! And congrats to everyone who got in R1!! :)

Just ask about it after the interview.
Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants!   [#permalink] 22 Jan 2010, 11:11