Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 20:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2010, 11:05
I am sailing in the same boat as well.I recently logged in my account to find out that my transcript is missing, though i couriered it month ago. All this time i was assuming that they have received it. I called to confirm and was adviced to send another copy to be on a safer side. So i did.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Nov 2009
Posts: 32
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2010, 12:06
Hey All International applicants - Has anyone got a letter from their institute stating that english is medium of instruction to get teh TOEFL waiver? I got a mail saying that I needed to submit my TOEFL score or the letter. I can get the letter but I am not sure what it is called. Any one knows?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Feb 2010
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2010, 01:33
Hoping4best wrote:
Hey All International applicants - Has anyone got a letter from their institute stating that english is medium of instruction to get teh TOEFL waiver? I got a mail saying that I needed to submit my TOEFL score or the letter. I can get the letter but I am not sure what it is called. Any one knows?


you should be fine if your transcript mentions the medium of instruction. however, if it doesn't (like in my case), you get that letter from your college. don't know what it is called, but i went and asked for a letter certifying the medium of instruction and they typed out one after confirming what i needed it for. i guess colleges get a lot of such requests, so they would be aware of this.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 13 Oct 2009
Posts: 36
Schools: Georgetown
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2010, 00:42
Hello all,

So I had my interview yesterday.

Very nice experience, it was with adcom very relaxed atmosphere, I wasn't nervous at all. We talked about my resume, short-term, long-term goals, team failure/success example and the meaning of the word success. No why MBA, why now, why Georgetown.
It didnt feel very generic as it consisted of many uncommon questions mainly on my personal experience. This makes you more relaxed as you have to be yourself and just talk about what you did.

Anyway no feedback received whatsoever, so I guess I'm just waiting now for the final answer... I am so nervous, this school is my first choice..
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Jul 2009
Posts: 119
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2010, 06:36
Hi guys,

Just had my interview. Most pleasant interview so far.

Some questions asked:
-Tell me about yourself and your thought process leading to your decision to pursue an MBA
-Leadership experience
-Teamwork experience
-Conflict experience
-Other questions specific to my experiences were weaved into the discussion

Last edited by vanilla on 24 Feb 2010, 22:03, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Posts: 78
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Schools: Georgetown, UNC, Emory, GeorgiaTech
WE 1: Product Engineering
WE 2: Logistics & Inventory
WE 3: Product Information & Pricing Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2010, 11:19
The wait is killing me! :)

I hope to see you guys all together as a member of McDonough this year.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Jan 2010
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2010, 13:14
Has everyone received a generic email after the interview that states "Thank you for your interest in the Georgetown MBA Full-Time Program. I was delighted to speak with you regarding your career aspirations and how a Georgetown MBA can help you achieve your goals." or has your interviewer personally replied back to an email you sent to them?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2010, 15:27
Yep I received the same email today.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 13 Oct 2009
Posts: 36
Schools: Georgetown
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2010, 04:52
Received the email too.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 24 Feb 2010
Posts: 54
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2010, 08:45
coast2coast wrote:
Has everyone received a generic email after the interview that states "Thank you for your interest in the Georgetown MBA Full-Time Program. I was delighted to speak with you regarding your career aspirations and how a Georgetown MBA can help you achieve your goals." or has your interviewer personally replied back to an email you sent to them?


Both; the adcom rep who interviewed me sent a personal response to my thank you note, and on Feb. 23, I received the generic email that you've referenced.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 24 Feb 2010
Posts: 54
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2010, 08:56
ntpaledo wrote:
Hello all,

So I had my interview yesterday.

Very nice experience, it was with adcom very relaxed atmosphere, I wasn't nervous at all. We talked about my resume, short-term, long-term goals, team failure/success example and the meaning of the word success. No why MBA, why now, why Georgetown.
It didnt feel very generic as it consisted of many uncommon questions mainly on my personal experience. This makes you more relaxed as you have to be yourself and just talk about what you did.

Anyway no feedback received whatsoever, so I guess I'm just waiting now for the final answer... I am so nervous, this school is my first choice..


Wow, I had a very different interview. Specifically, while the atmosphere was very relaxed, and the adcom rep, very friendly, the questions I received were very different from yours. I went into the interview anticipating the first question to be, "walk me through your resume," but that question wasn't asked at any point in the interview. The first question was "what are your career goals and why are they meaningful to you," and that was immediately followed by, "what is your recruiting strategy for securing your dream internship and job." Other questions included the why Gtown, why MBA, why now, what characteristics I look for when putting together a team, what extracurricular activities will I get involved in, and a number of other standard questions. All and all, I think the interview was good. Some answers could have been better, but nothing I can do about it now.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 13 Oct 2009
Posts: 36
Schools: Georgetown
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2010, 01:13
2012applicant wrote:
Wow, I had a very different interview. Specifically, while the atmosphere was very relaxed, and the adcom rep, very friendly, the questions I received were very different from yours. I went into the interview anticipating the first question to be, "walk me through your resume," but that question wasn't asked at any point in the interview. The first question was "what are your career goals and why are they meaningful to you," and that was immediately followed by, "what is your recruiting strategy for securing your dream internship and job." Other questions included the why Gtown, why MBA, why now, what characteristics I look for when putting together a team, what extracurricular activities will I get involved in, and a number of other standard questions. All and all, I think the interview was good. Some answers could have been better, but nothing I can do about it now.


Well I was asked short-term, long terms goals but I wasn't asked about the recruiting strategy. Probably because I will return to the same company after my MBA. No why MBA, no why now, no why Gtown and non of the other questions you mentioned.

No offense to you 2012applicant, but I am confident that 95% of the people interviewed think they did well on the interview and that they will probably get admitted. Heck I feel the interview went well too. But it is not over until the fat lady sings.

I truly hope we both get accepted and meet next year!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 17 Sep 2009
Posts: 102
WE 1: 5- hr
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2010, 02:23
2012applicant wrote:
coast2coast wrote:
Has everyone received a generic email after the interview that states "Thank you for your interest in the Georgetown MBA Full-Time Program. I was delighted to speak with you regarding your career aspirations and how a Georgetown MBA can help you achieve your goals." or has your interviewer personally replied back to an email you sent to them?


Both; the adcom rep who interviewed me sent a personal response to my thank you note, and on Feb. 23, I received the generic email that you've referenced.

I did not get a response to my thank you note :( hope this is not a too bad sign,
ı had the same generic mail also
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2010, 10:15
Hi! Are you all discussing the evening MBA or the full time MBA?

Has anyone on here applied to Round 1 of the Evening MBA and had an Interview??

Thanks!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 367
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 21

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2010, 10:26
anushka11 wrote:
Hi! Are you all discussing the evening MBA or the full time MBA?

Has anyone on here applied to Round 1 of the Evening MBA and had an Interview??

Thanks!


Fulltime MBA.

Did you name your id after heroine Anushka? I'm her fan.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2010, 10:33
Looks like we're discussing Full-Time MBA here, that's what i've been thinking.

Though i've simeltaneously applied for Evening program as well. I had my part-time MBA interview today and the atmosphere was chilled out. It was very similar to the one I had for Full-time. Regular Questions - why mba, why career-shift and so on
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2010, 10:40
I had my interview for the Evening program (1st round) last week. Does anyone know when will Georgetown release the result?

Thanks,
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 24 Feb 2010
Posts: 54
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2010, 10:45
ntpaledo wrote:
2012applicant wrote:
Wow, I had a very different interview. Specifically, while the atmosphere was very relaxed, and the adcom rep, very friendly, the questions I received were very different from yours. I went into the interview anticipating the first question to be, "walk me through your resume," but that question wasn't asked at any point in the interview. The first question was "what are your career goals and why are they meaningful to you," and that was immediately followed by, "what is your recruiting strategy for securing your dream internship and job." Other questions included the why Gtown, why MBA, why now, what characteristics I look for when putting together a team, what extracurricular activities will I get involved in, and a number of other standard questions. All and all, I think the interview was good. Some answers could have been better, but nothing I can do about it now.


Well I was asked short-term, long terms goals but I wasn't asked about the recruiting strategy. Probably because I will return to the same company after my MBA. No why MBA, no why now, no why Gtown and non of the other questions you mentioned.

No offense to you 2012applicant, but I am confident that 95% of the people interviewed think they did well on the interview and that they will probably get admitted. Heck I feel the interview went well too. But it is not over until the fat lady sings.

I truly hope we both get accepted and meet next year!


I completely agree with you ntpaledo; an interview doesn't = acceptance. I, too, hope that we get accepted and have the opportunity to meet next year. Good luck to you, and to all applicants on the GMAT Club forum!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2010, 10:58
How did they contact you for the interview for evening MBA? Email? When?! Now I am getting anxious:/! I also applied round 1 for the E MBA.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 24 Feb 2010
Posts: 54
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2010, 10:58
westsew wrote:
2012applicant wrote:
coast2coast wrote:
Has everyone received a generic email after the interview that states "Thank you for your interest in the Georgetown MBA Full-Time Program. I was delighted to speak with you regarding your career aspirations and how a Georgetown MBA can help you achieve your goals." or has your interviewer personally replied back to an email you sent to them?


Both; the adcom rep who interviewed me sent a personal response to my thank you note, and on Feb. 23, I received the generic email that you've referenced.

I did not get a response to my thank you note :( hope this is not a too bad sign,
ı had the same generic mail also


It very well may come down to the personality/policy of the individual admissions rep. One might respond to all thank you notes, while another might respond to none.

Best of luck to you, Westsew!
Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants!   [#permalink] 25 Feb 2010, 10:58
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
15 Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! JimHuckle 371 15 Aug 2009, 14:35
86 Experts publish their posts in the topic Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants spillai 294 10 Aug 2012, 10:14
45 Calling All Georgetown 2011 Applicants (Updated) 2012applicant 677 06 Sep 2010, 11:43
333 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! milias 1927 23 Jun 2009, 09:38
4 Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants Omne 65 28 Oct 2008, 14:18
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  19    Next  [ 372 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.