Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 11:25 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Georgetown
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink]
What do people think of doing a gmatclub group get together before orientation? A few beers or something. Personally, I think it would be great to start off the MBA program with some friendships already in place.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks. I'm really excited as this was my top choice. I will most likely be too checked out of work for the next few weeks and planning on the long move from LA to DC.
Current Student
Send PM
coast2coast wrote:
Thanks. I'm really excited as this was my top choice. I will most likely be too checked out of work for the next few weeks and planning on the long move from LA to DC.

I'm moving from San Francisco (well, the Jack London District in Oakland, actually), so I know what you're going through. I was a bit surprised to see how much apartments are going for. Thought things would be a lot cheaper than the Bay Area.
Current Student
Send PM
The admitted student binder didn't show up today....grrrrrr.....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
 Q49  V37
Send PM
2012applicant wrote:
What do people think of doing a gmatclub group get together before orientation? A few beers or something. Personally, I think it would be great to start off the MBA program with some friendships already in place.

Ah I would love to catch up with all gmatclubbers. But I'm an international student (from India) and wont be flying in until mid July :(
Current Student
Send PM
Apartments are indeed a bit pricey. People on a budget need to find roommates or prepare for 1,500$ + every month for rent. Georgetown is expensive too. Arlington VA, Alexandria and closer to DC (Dupont Circle, Foggy Bottom) seem to be more popular choices
Current Student
Send PM
connecticket wrote:
2012applicant wrote:

Ah I would love to catch up with all gmatclubbers. But I'm an international student (from India) and wont be flying in until mid July :(

Sure, I was thinking late July anyway. I'll post another note about it in mid July, and we can go from there. Have a safe trip!
Current Student
Send PM
When is the next notification round in the admissions process? I'm curious to see how many people are admitted off the wait list in the next round.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am a round 2 applicant who was placed on the Wait List for the second time on Friday.

This time, the decision letter did not specify a notification date. I would assume it is two weeks after the round 3 deposit deadline, but I'm not sure.

Congrats to everyone who got in off the Wait List! I hope to do the same...
Current Student
Send PM
I called up the university a few weeks ago and they told me that they have an Apple store on campus and that we are entitled a uni discount. Anyone who is a 1st or 2nd year student can you please confirm this? If this is true, what is the requirements you need to have to obtain the discount? (university email, go card, letter of attendance??)

Thanks

Update: They do have an online apple store https://www.apple.com/edu/hoyas with student discount and also they do have an Apple authorized reseller on campus. No special requirements to have the discount
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Spots should be freed up on the w/l. I dropped out and a friend of mine dropped out too.

They weren't flexible on the 2nd deposit...so I am gone.

Originally posted by daniyatom on 02 Jun 2010, 05:01.
Last edited by daniyatom on 02 Jun 2010, 09:18, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
daniyatom wrote:
Spots should be freed up on the w/l. I dropped out and a friend of mine dropped out too.

Thanks for the heads-up. I hope Ad Com starts notifying wait listed students before my other plans become too solidified. In an old thread from another forum, I read that people were getting off Georgetown's wait list as late as mid-July!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SRMBA wrote:
daniyatom wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up. I hope Ad Com starts notifying wait listed students before my other plans become too solidified. In an old thread from another forum, I read that people were getting off Georgetown's wait list as late as mid-July!

They sent out a few interview invites today. They were for web interviews through skype and actually the times listed were today and tomorrow. The subject in the email said "time sensitive" and man they took that seriously. Never been on skype but I guess I'll have to figure it out tonight.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gtownmba, are you a round 3 applicant? I was under the impression that all three rounds had been interviewed already and that round 3 admits were notified in May.

Either way, good luck with the interview!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SRMBA wrote:
gtownmba, are you a round 3 applicant? I was under the impression that all three rounds had been interviewed already and that round 3 admits were notified in May.

Either way, good luck with the interview!

Yes round 3. I didn't hear a word until the May decision deadline and I logged on and saw the waitlist letter. I knew that some schools waitlisted without interviewing but I hadn't heard that from G-town. Thanks for the good luck wishes and I hope that you hear back soon.

Honestly from what I saw on the interview registration page there were 3, maybe 4, interview spots for people to sign up to. I don't know if that means anything at all because they were all by the same committee member and maybe other committee members had different pages, but that and the fact that it's such a quick turnaround suggests to me that they may be taking an aggressive approach to getting the class filled?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:UNC (in) , Georgetown (app R3) , Tuck (dinged)
Send PM
Wow. Just got a call and am in - off the R3 waitlist. See you guys in DC!
Current Student
Send PM
lbird33 wrote:
Wow. Just got a call and am in - off the R3 waitlist. See you guys in DC!

Congrats lbird33! Looking forward to meeting you in DC. To all those who remain on the wait list, keep the good news coming!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6919 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts