Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 18:09 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 18:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling All Georgetown 2011 Applicants (Updated) [#permalink]
Thanks JH! I appreciate your insight and specific connections to my background. I guess I was thinking about whether I would like it there after speaking to someone who just graduated from MSB, so I wanted to explore the possibility of getting admitted and going for a visit.

Just trying to weigh all my options after the exhausting and endless hours that I spent applying to all of these programs! :)

I'll take your suggestion and do a little more research on the opportunities post-grad.
Current Student
Send PM
Dude....You will like it there, the area is gorgeous and lots of fun, an LA person would feel at home (aside from the weather!)

Post/PM any questions you have and I'll send them to my friends who are grads/students/admits
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: Consulting - 4 years
Send PM
jordanhendrix, are you a gtown student?

I'm still trying to decide between Gtown and Cornell, I'm trying to get into Ibanking, would Cornell be significantly better? Thanks!
Current Student
Send PM
I am not a gtown student! I prefaced my post with that.
Cornell kills Gtown in IB....its a like kobe bryant vs a high school kid.
the high school kid may get lucky here and there and score a point but my money is on kobe.

Just look at both schools employment reports/ hiring companies.

I know a bunch of kids who go to/have graduated from gtown since I'm in the DC area in an MBA heavy field.

No knock on gtown, if you are ambitious, great at networking, willing to go to NYC every other week etc then you have just as good a shot as any. Cornell is a clear favorite in IB though, I dont think anyone is going to argue that.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
In for R3.

710 GMAT
3.9 GPA
8yrs W/E

interview completed. awaiting decision....
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools:Columbia, Duke, Georgetown, Emory
 Q47  V40
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: Marketing
Send PM
nycfan wrote:
i have actually looked at the employment reports, and if you looked you'd see that it's not actually very conclusive. I'm 100% certain its not like Kobe vs a high school kid. Do you work in banking? I'm sorry... but from your style of writing and how you're responding to people, i have to ask this question...

Hi nycfan, I'm a first year at Georgetown. This year about 23 have IB internships so far out of a class size is 255. Talking to friends at higher ranked schools, this seems to be about the norm. I don't know anything about Cornell except that it is a "top 15" or 16 school with a really strong brand. It also depends on how many people pursue IB. At Cornell I imagine that number is high.

Since Georgetown is not top 15, you need to be more aggressive (in terms of networking) to get into IB. That said, believe me kids at Cornell are making weekly trips to nyc as well since NYU and Columbia are right in Manhattan. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Ozzy
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Bballer84 wrote:
Anyone have any idea how this waitlist process goes. When do people normally hear back?

Hey, first-year Gtown mba here. I would suggest going back through this forum and looking at old posts. I previously provided a long response to this same question. Best of luck to you! I know that after the long wait to hear back from admin, it sucks to be on the wait list. But a lot of people get in off the wait list, so stay positive.

The wait list letter should have provided next steps for you to take. Wait listed applicants will hear back from admissions at the end of each round.
Current Student
Send PM
nycfan wrote:
i have actually looked at the employment reports, and if you looked you'd see that it's not actually very conclusive. I'm 100% certain its not like Kobe vs a high school kid. Do you work in banking? I'm sorry... but from your style of writing and how you're responding to people, i have to ask this question...

I dont know how to feel about this? My style of writing is telling you im in banking?

Is this a nice way to call people a holes?

I like that by the way, any meenie I come across I'll just ask are you in banking? lol

I'm terse and candid, at least I wont jerk you around like employment reports. You gotta go deeper than that.

Funny how that employment report that is "not very conclusive" gives you a "100% certainty"

What if that high school kid was Lebron James....or if your a bball guy Quinn Cook?

Look at the post above mine, all I mean to say is that Gtown kids have to work harder for IB than Cornell kids.

That is 100% conclusive. I Love Georgetown and have a special place for it in my heart, but it is what it is.

Do you work in Banking?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
how do you pay your deposit!!!!!!!

theres nothing on the application portal that i can see about 'steps to enrollment' but thats what the welcome website says? WTF?
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: Consulting - 4 years
Send PM
So you were waitlisted by Georgetown, am i right?

jordanhendrix wrote:
nycfan wrote:

I dont know how to feel about this? My style of writing is telling you im in banking?

I like that by the way, any meenie I come across I'll just ask are you in banking? lol

I'm terse and candid, at least I wont jerk you around like employment reports. You gotta go deeper than that.

Funny how that employment report that is "not very conclusive" gives you a "100% certainty"

What if that high school kid was Lebron James....or if your a bball guy Quinn Cook?

Look at the post above mine, all I mean to say is that Gtown kids have to work harder for IB than Cornell kids.

That is 100% conclusive. I Love Georgetown and have a special place for it in my heart, but it is what it is.

Do you work in Banking?
Current Student
Send PM
nycfan wrote:
So you were waitlisted by Georgetown, am i right?

jordanhendrix wrote:
nycfan wrote:

Do you work in Banking?

will you please leave me alone?
whats your motive here?
you asked re: Cornell v Gtown for IB
its Cornell, regardless of what Gtown would have you believe.
Stop being a troll.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Duke(R2-int) , UNC(R3)
Send PM
I have withdrawn my admission to Georgetown. It's a great program but not a fit for me. Hope it opens a spot for fellow WLs.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 295
Send PM
Likewise. Good luck to everyone.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Investment Management
WE 1: Management Consulting (Accenture, Start-up)
Send PM
Applied R3 (Interview completed on 4/4)...

Does anyone know if applicants find out before the posted deadline (May 15 which is a Sunday)?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think we will find out either tomorrow (Friday) or Monday. Round 1 date landed on a Saturday and notifications came out on Friday. Good luck everyone!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
This might be a redundant question but does Georgetown reject applicants before R3 deadline or are all of them on waitlist?
Intern
Intern
Schools:Cornell(in w/$$) , Darden (ding), Tuck, Georgetown (in)
 Q47  V38
Send PM
Got in today but am leaning toward Cornell so that should open up a spot for WL'ers. Good luck everyone!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34