Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Jul 2014, 11:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 660 Q V
GPA: 3.64
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 75150

Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2008, 04:45
I'm looking for some insight on my situation...

I'm local to the georgetown area, and am contemplating between part time and full time. My company won't give me a significant raise if I receive this degree while working part time. So I am trying to figure out if it's really worth killing myself going part time while still working or not getting paid and going full time. However, I would ideally like to leave the DC area, and I'm not sure how good Georgetown's recruiting is for New EnglandNYC or the west coast which are the two areas I'd like to move to.

I need to identify a school that is more a safety than the top 10-12 I am applying to.. and this one seems like the obvious because a) I won't have to move, b) my husband can keep his job, c) I won't have to sell my condo/find renters.
Current Student
Schools: Duke, Kellogg, Michigan, Stanford, Darden

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2008, 05:47
jlola21 wrote:
I'm looking for some insight on my situation...

I'm local to the georgetown area, and am contemplating between part time and full time. My company won't give me a significant raise if I receive this degree while working part time. So I am trying to figure out if it's really worth killing myself going part time while still working or not getting paid and going full time. However, I would ideally like to leave the DC area, and I'm not sure how good Georgetown's recruiting is for New EnglandNYC or the west coast which are the two areas I'd like to move to.

I need to identify a school that is more a safety than the top 10-12 I am applying to.. and this one seems like the obvious because a) I won't have to move, b) my husband can keep his job, c) I won't have to sell my condo/find renters.

Hehe, jlola we're like the same person. We're applying to a lot of the same schools, both in DC, both considering GTown part-time. Right now, I'm deciding if I really want to break down and do the application or if I should wait to hear from my full-time schools that will let me know before the Jan 9th part-time deadline.

My company definitely won't give me a raise either, but I'm not sure where I want to end up post-MBA. I do want to change fields so I'm not sure if going part-time GTown will let me do that either.

We're in the same boat :?
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 660 Q V
GPA: 3.64
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 75150

Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2008, 06:11
lol I wonder if we work for the same company too!

I'm with you, I'm going to wait to see what happens before I start doing the application. But not knowing exactly what I'm doing for a plan B is stressing me out. I'm thinking changing fields while part time would be really difficult. Plus can we even use their career services and go to recruiting events if we go part-time?
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2008, 07:13
What's the first letter of the name of this company you work for? I think i work there too.
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2008, 09:46
nah no idea...haha
Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton, Booth

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2008, 18:18
The new building seems to be shaping up well. Thanks for the pics.

So any thoughts on when we will begin to hear about decisions?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2008, 16:26
I applied R2, heard back in March? Don't hold me to that though as that whole application process has become a blur.

The pace of the classes and amount of coursework keep you so busy that it drives out whatever memory/knowledge you had prior :twisted:
Director
Director
Schools: Stern, McCombs, Marshall, Wharton
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 94 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2008, 13:22
Thanks for the pics Obeny81, it definitely looks like it's going to be a lot better than the Car Barn and being closer to the rest of the campus should be interesting.
Current Student
Schools: Georgetown, UNC, UCLA, Duke, Wake Forest

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2008, 15:43
Thanks for the pics of the new building, it looks friggin' sweet!

From what I understand, the decisions are all released on the same day. So, if you applied in R1, you'll find out on January 12th.

http://omnemba.blogspot.com

Current Student

Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2009, 08:49
11 more days until decisions are released. Everyone nervous with anticipation like me?

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2009, 09:02
Hey Omne, how do you know decisions will be released in 11 days?
Current Student

Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2009, 10:23
nyrberg wrote:
Hey Omne, how do you know decisions will be released in 11 days?

Because decisions are released on January 12th, which is eleven days away.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2009, 12:38
Haha, thanks.
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2009, 20:17
anyone know if georgetown releases decisions for admits a few days early like other schools?
Current Student

Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2009, 04:23
jimmyjamesdonkey wrote:
anyone know if georgetown releases decisions for admits a few days early like other schools?

I guess we'll find out this week, haha!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2009, 11:10
Omne wrote:
jimmyjamesdonkey wrote:

I guess we'll find out this week, haha!

I believe that last year they found out on the actual date. Fingers crossed for everyone!
Current Student

Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2009, 14:51
Looks like we got our answer. Even though I knew decisions wouldn't come out today, I had a hope in the back of my head. Oh well, gonna be a long weekend of waiting!

Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2009, 10:28
I've got my fingers crossed as well!! anyone know what time tomorrow they will be released? maybe sunday at midnight?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2009, 17:04
I think I read somewhere that it's Monday morning at 9am. Although, I could be imagining that.
Current Student

Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2009, 21:27
Minimal81 wrote:
I think I read somewhere that it's Monday morning at 9am. Although, I could be imagining that.

I have no other knowledge, but I think you're spot on. I figure we'll get an email at some point tomorrow morning EST, but we may catch our status changes earlier than that. Based on watching other threads, some people see a status change to ding/wl/admit before they get an email.

According to the BW forums, there are no phone calls, just an email about a status change.

Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants   [#permalink] 10 Jan 2009, 21:27