Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 06:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 09 Feb 2008
Posts: 149
Schools: Georgetown, UNC, UCLA, Duke, Wake Forest
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2008, 14:18
Didn't see a thread for this one, but with the first deadline (November 7th) coming up, I thought I'd see if anyone else was applying. I've got the first two essays in final revision, interview is scheduled for November 3rd, hopefully I can get it all done in time!
http://www.msb.edu

R1
Total Applied: 4
Admitted: 1
Dinged: n/a
Waitlisted: 3
Minimal81 on 1/12/09
Omne - waitlisted 1/12/09
coadman - waitlisted 1/12/09
Sleepy - waitlisted 1/12/09

R2
Total Applied: 1
Admitted: n/a
Dinged: n/a
Mclaughlin - submitted 1.12.09
_________________

http://omnemba.blogspot.com

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 30 Aug 2008
Posts: 251
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2008, 07:15
I might apply.Still need to decide on that.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 18 Oct 2007
Posts: 449
Location: USA
Schools: Tepper '11
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2008, 08:20
This is a borderline top school. I will definitely consider R2 if I start getting all rejections from my R1s.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Oct 2008
Posts: 37
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2008, 13:11
I think I am going to apply here...Hopefully Round 1, but not sure if I'll be able to make it!
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 09 Feb 2008
Posts: 149
Schools: Georgetown, UNC, UCLA, Duke, Wake Forest
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2008, 14:05
Minimal81 wrote:
I think I am going to apply here...Hopefully Round 1, but not sure if I'll be able to make it!


If you're going R1, you'd better hurry! Everything (including interview) is due a week from Friday! I'm nearly done with essays, transcripts and scores have been sent, recs are in process, and my interview is Monday. It was a somewhat late addition for me as well, and I find I'm genuinely excited!
_________________

http://omnemba.blogspot.com

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 19 Aug 2007
Posts: 206
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2008, 14:29
Omne wrote:
Minimal81 wrote:
I think I am going to apply here...Hopefully Round 1, but not sure if I'll be able to make it!


If you're going R1, you'd better hurry! Everything (including interview) is due a week from Friday! I'm nearly done with essays, transcripts and scores have been sent, recs are in process, and my interview is Monday. It was a somewhat late addition for me as well, and I find I'm genuinely excited!


I thought we had until mid December to have the on campus interview (even for R1)?
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 09 Aug 2006
Posts: 767
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2008, 20:37
Count me in for R2. I've written first draft of essays. Need to fine tune them and get the other stuff ready. I'm an intl. student. Correct me if I'm wrong but scheduling interviews is only applicable for on-campus interviews right? I'm assuming that internationals have to wait for the adcom to send interview invites?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Aug 2008
Posts: 17
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2008, 04:43
Im going for R-2, didnt apply on R-1 to any school due to late Gmat test date
Started the online application
seems that they like oldies like me over 35 with more then few years of work experience 8-)
and i just love the school tradition
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 19 Aug 2007
Posts: 206
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2008, 10:03
I had an opportunity to sit in on the GT chat this morning and they had said that the on-campus interview does not have to be before the R1 deadline. i.e. I am scheduled for an interview in Dec. and will be considered as an R1 applicant (as long as everything else is submitted, including all official transcripts/official scores, before Nov. 7th).
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 09 Feb 2008
Posts: 149
Schools: Georgetown, UNC, UCLA, Duke, Wake Forest
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2008, 12:32
gmat blows wrote:
I had an opportunity to sit in on the GT chat this morning and they had said that the on-campus interview does not have to be before the R1 deadline. i.e. I am scheduled for an interview in Dec. and will be considered as an R1 applicant (as long as everything else is submitted, including all official transcripts/official scores, before Nov. 7th).


The chat actually happened? I kept getting timeout errors when attempting to connect. Any other highlights from it?

Regardless, I didn't know we had time to do the interview. Oh well, I guess I'll just get it out of the way Monday!
_________________

http://omnemba.blogspot.com

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Aug 2008
Posts: 17
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2008, 22:58
Yes it happened. I had the same problem with the chat.
I asked them by email to send me the chat transcript and they said they will see what they can do.
If they do i will post it here or provide a link.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Oct 2008
Posts: 37
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2008, 13:00
Good luck on your interview Omne!!

Please let us know how it went...
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 09 Feb 2008
Posts: 149
Schools: Georgetown, UNC, UCLA, Duke, Wake Forest
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2008, 14:03
My interview went ok. I had read through Rhyme's guide on the main page, and did some other prep work. I spent 6 hours in the car getting there, so I had plenty of time to think! The interview was with a second-year student. He gave me his background, then started asking questions. They were pretty standard: walk me through your resume, goals, why MBA, why here, etc. He asked what I thought about the economy and also asked a specific question about my career path which stumped me. I also think I blew the first question as I neglected to mention many main points on my resume! Oops!

I submitted my application this afternoon, so it's all out of my hands. Hopefully they'll look kindly at me! I am nervous because my undergraduate record isn't that good.
_________________

http://omnemba.blogspot.com

Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 795
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2008, 15:25
Has anyone gotten a admit yet for Georgetown? I know its early, but figured I'd ask?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 09 Feb 2008
Posts: 149
Schools: Georgetown, UNC, UCLA, Duke, Wake Forest
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2008, 19:57
From what I understand, Georgetown releases all decisions on the actual date (January 12th).

That being said, my application status was changed to "Complete and under review by admissions committee." I still don't think we'll know anything for awhile, but just wanted everyone to know the status change
_________________

http://omnemba.blogspot.com

Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 795
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2008, 19:59
I would assume they do that so they can compare all the apps against each other to get the best, before making any promises to applicants.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 09 Feb 2008
Posts: 149
Schools: Georgetown, UNC, UCLA, Duke, Wake Forest
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2008, 14:36
jimmyjamesdonkey wrote:
I would assume they do that so they can compare all the apps against each other to get the best, before making any promises to applicants.


Definitely. And just to make me sweat even more, I think they're trying to boost their falling rankings so they'll admit all superstars, and fringe candidates like me may get left out. Crap!
_________________

http://omnemba.blogspot.com

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Oct 2008
Posts: 37
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2008, 19:18
Omne wrote:
jimmyjamesdonkey wrote:
I would assume they do that so they can compare all the apps against each other to get the best, before making any promises to applicants.


Definitely. And just to make me sweat even more, I think they're trying to boost their falling rankings so they'll admit all superstars, and fringe candidates like me may get left out. Crap!


That's one way to look at it. Another would be that since their ranking has fallen, their yield numbers are going to drop. If they are expecting less people to accept their invites, then they will have to dole out more acceptance to reach their target class size.

I have absolutely no idea if my "theory" here holds water.. but lets hope so!
Joined: 31 Dec 1969
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 660 Q V
GPA: 3.64
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 58 [0], given: 76043

Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2008, 04:45
I'm looking for some insight on my situation...

I'm local to the georgetown area, and am contemplating between part time and full time. My company won't give me a significant raise if I receive this degree while working part time. So I am trying to figure out if it's really worth killing myself going part time while still working or not getting paid and going full time. However, I would ideally like to leave the DC area, and I'm not sure how good Georgetown's recruiting is for New EnglandNYC or the west coast which are the two areas I'd like to move to.

I need to identify a school that is more a safety than the top 10-12 I am applying to.. and this one seems like the obvious because a) I won't have to move, b) my husband can keep his job, c) I won't have to sell my condo/find renters.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 15
Schools: Duke, Kellogg, Michigan, Stanford, Darden
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2008, 05:47
jlola21 wrote:
I'm looking for some insight on my situation...

I'm local to the georgetown area, and am contemplating between part time and full time. My company won't give me a significant raise if I receive this degree while working part time. So I am trying to figure out if it's really worth killing myself going part time while still working or not getting paid and going full time. However, I would ideally like to leave the DC area, and I'm not sure how good Georgetown's recruiting is for New EnglandNYC or the west coast which are the two areas I'd like to move to.

I need to identify a school that is more a safety than the top 10-12 I am applying to.. and this one seems like the obvious because a) I won't have to move, b) my husband can keep his job, c) I won't have to sell my condo/find renters.


Hehe, jlola we're like the same person. We're applying to a lot of the same schools, both in DC, both considering GTown part-time. Right now, I'm deciding if I really want to break down and do the application or if I should wait to hear from my full-time schools that will let me know before the Jan 9th part-time deadline.

My company definitely won't give me a raise either, but I'm not sure where I want to end up post-MBA. I do want to change fields so I'm not sure if going part-time GTown will let me do that either.

We're in the same boat :?
Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants   [#permalink] 06 Dec 2008, 05:47
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
86 Experts publish their posts in the topic Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants spillai 294 10 Aug 2012, 10:14
Georgetown (McDonough) Av 0 13 Nov 2010, 15:46
Georgetown McDonough anyone? thunderdogg 9 22 Jan 2008, 16:47
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 66 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.