Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Apr 2014, 20:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Goizueta Fall 2009 Applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Schools: Kellogg, Emory, Booth, Yale, Cornell, Duke
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All Goizueta Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2008, 08:49
Application submitted for Dec 1st deadline

:-D

Last edited by BearStearner on 22 Jan 2009, 09:36, edited 2 times in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Goizueta Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2008, 09:04
emoryhopeful

How is the new curriculum?
Current Student
Schools: Emory class of 2010
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Goizueta Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2009, 10:14
You'll get varying answers throughout the school, but I think the general consensus is that its been a positive change. It gives us more flexibility moving forward with our program, and really lets us shape our own education. That being said, we are the guinea pigs, and there were some timing issues, and communication issues the first time around. The best thing we've learned from it, is how open our administration is to our feedback in how to continually improve the program. So, I'm sure that many of the little problems we had this year should be ironed out for the next class.

The way the new curriculum is structured, you sort of get eased into the semester with Block A. Its difficult but definitely manageable. Then, Block B, well, its five weeks of hell pretty much. But, its the first semester of the MBA program, hell has to come at some point right? Then, in my opinion, Block C was pretty easy, and left quite a bit of time for networking, job searching, interview practice, etc. giving you time to focus more on the job. Of course, the idea is to put a lot of information into a short time period, so it feels like you are flying through some classes, but I feel like I have a good base under me to move forward into my electives now. Of course I'm not a pro at finance or marketing after the core, but I feel like I'm prepared to attack more difficult courses, and I can hold my own in a conversation now.

To me, the new curriculum is what I expected, and Yes, we were very busy. But, I was still able to take on a leadership position, compete, and win, a case competition, and find quite a bit of time to enjoy myself as well. Not only that, but I even saw my wife quite a bit during the semester.

In summary, 8 out of 10 for the new curriculum. I think some of the communication and timing could be much improved, but I see and understand the vision. Let me know if you want to know more specificis.

fall09 wrote:
emoryhopeful

Member Profile: 111-t56279

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Goizueta Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2009, 10:20
emoryhopeful wrote:

In summary, 8 out of 10 for the new curriculum. I think some of the communication and timing could be much improved, but I see and understand the vision. Let me know if you want to know more specificis.

fall09 wrote:
emoryhopeful

Thanks for the valuable insight,Emoryhopeful.Will meet you sometime soon.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Goizueta Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2009, 12:40
I submitted my Goizueta R-2 application on 06 December
I am an international applicant and did not ask to be interviewed before submitting the application. The status of the interview in the on line center is still initiated
Does anyone know how much time it takes for them to decide if they are going to invite you for a telephone interview ? :shock:

Thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Goizueta Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2009, 09:38
Quote:
What Other School(s) Are You Applying To?

Did you guys answer this question?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Goizueta Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2009, 10:30
Yes i was advised to do so in case they check with other schools (I dont know if they do)
any way it depends of what other schools you are applying for. no school would like to be the backup school (not my original thought i think it was posted here) if your other schools seem like a reasonable choice regarding this school ranking and profile it might even be an advantage.
Current Student
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Goizueta Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2009, 10:39
fall09 wrote:
Quote:
What Other School(s) Are You Applying To?

Did you guys answer this question?

I did. I was truthful about it.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Kellogg, Emory, Booth, Yale, Cornell, Duke

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All Goizueta Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2009, 09:31
I got my first admit today!

It's Emory. Not my first choice but at least I have a safety to fall on!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Goizueta Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2009, 09:46
BearStearner wrote:

congrats!

we may become classmates :)
Director
Director
Schools: Cornell '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 129 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Goizueta Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2009, 10:16
Congrats BearStearner! Emory would be a great place to end up at regardless 8-)

"George is getting upset!"

Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Goizueta Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2009, 20:49
Congrats Bear! I'm biased, so I think it should be your first choice. Is there any reason, besides typical rankings, that deters you from making Emory your top choice? Have you had the opportunity to visit the campus? Let me know if I can answer any questions for you, or lead you in the right direction. Again, congrats.

BearStearner wrote:

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Goizueta Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2009, 14:09
Hi - I'm getting ready to submit my app by the Feb 1st deadline. Regarding the interviews, can I schedule one for after 2/1 as long as I've submitted my app by 2/1? Or do I have to complete the interview by 2/1? It says after 2/1, all interviews are by invitation only, but I wasn't sure if that meant if you submit your app after 2/1. Thanks!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Goizueta Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2009, 04:41
Emoryhopeful,

This is a tough year for job hunting. Based on what you know, how are full time and internship recruiting going so far?
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Goizueta Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2009, 13:31
To be honest, I don't know the exact numbers. It's definitely tough. Many firms are lowering the numbers they will take, thus the competition is even tougher. So far, there hasn't been a panic felt throughout the campus. I do know that, after the first semester, we had approximately 15% of the 1st year class placed in internships, where that number is usually 10%. Thus, we had placed more before the major recruiting started. Really, the recruiting cycle is right in the middle for first years, so I can't tell. The second years, many have jobs, just not the offers they expected, but some are definitely hurting. If I had an exact figure, I'd give it. Sorry I can't be of more help.

334MBA wrote:
Emoryhopeful,

This is a tough year for job hunting. Based on what you know, how are full time and internship recruiting going so far?

Director
Director
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 83 [0], given: 25

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Goizueta Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2009, 15:26
ninkorn wrote:
5) To this day, my gf won't let me have a Pepsi in my apartment. I gotta sneak it in and hide it under my bed and enjoy it when she's asleep.....

Dude, that's just awful, she would probably rather see you sleep with another girl.

:wink:
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Goizueta Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2009, 09:50
To stop drinking Pepsi Max might prove a problem, but im trying to return to Coca Cola Clasic 8-)
On the application side I got a phone interview invitation yesterday.
I am international from Israel and Emory is one of my top choices so it is a nice weekend
Current Student
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Goizueta Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2009, 10:04
Got a call from Goizueta. I am in. First admit of the season, ofcourse, I am excited.
Director
Director
Schools: Cornell '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 129 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Goizueta Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2009, 12:10
Congrats! Its definitely a great program to get accepted to!

aakashganga wrote:
Got a call from Goizueta. I am in. First admit of the season, ofcourse, I am excited.

"George is getting upset!"

Director
Director
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 83 [0], given: 25

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Goizueta Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2009, 12:39
awesome, congrats yall~
Re: Calling All Goizueta Fall 2009 Applicants!   [#permalink] 31 Jan 2009, 12:39