Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 18:42 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 18:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V47
GMAT 2: 730 Q46 V45
GPA: 3.84
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [2]
Given Kudos: 916
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V44
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 4: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V38
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas (Berkeley) Applicants: 2017 Intake (Class of 2019)!! [#permalink]
bgpower wrote:
People,

About the certificates: Do NOT send your original copies. This would be insane (you've worked years to earn them). Coming from Eastern Europe myself the only viable solution is to either ask the university to stamp/seal and sign the copies as 'true to the original' or ask them to issue an official academic transcript. Both are accepted by Haas (already sent mine and got a confirmation that it's all OK). The R1 decision does NOT depend on those certificates. They are for the later (background) check and there is not clear deadline for submission, so at least after NYE is OK. AdCom told me so.

Today I also had my interview and I will try to post a review asap. Let me know if you have specific questions. Overall, know why you want to go there and be ready for an extremely friendly atmosphere.

My university neither stamps/seals the copies as "true to the original" nor issues an official academic transcript. I have already checked with a few levels in the food chain. I did not have any other option than sending the original documents. What if I need them in the future? I was told that I can ask for a replacement but I have to have a good reason (such as lost in a fire etc.). Hilarious...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas (Berkeley) Applicants: 2017 Intake (Class of 2019)!! [#permalink]
Got an interview invite today. I have to have it complete by the 14th, next Wednesday.

Good luck to everybody that has interviews coming up over the next few days!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Would you mind letting us know when your status description (not status) go under review?

Dirky wrote:
Got an interview invite today. I have to have it complete by the 14th, next Wednesday.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
wahaha04 wrote:
Would you mind letting us know when your status description (not status) go under review?

Dirky wrote:

To be honest, I don't really know. I got the email about being ready for review on the 18th. I think the status description changed towards the end of the next week.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools: Haas '18 (WL)
Send PM
Hi guys, what's ur status after being interviewed? Mine goes back to: application under review again, is that normal?

Status Description
Your application for admission to the Berkeley Full-time MBA Program is under review by the Admissions Committee. You will be contacted at the decision deadline to see your final admissions decision.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Originally posted by TTin on 07 Dec 2016, 18:58.
Last edited by TTin on 07 Dec 2016, 19:49, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Technology
Send PM
TTin wrote:
Hi guys, what's ur status after being interviewed? Mine went back to: application under review again, is that normal?

Status Description
Your application for admission to the Berkeley Full-time MBA Program is under review by the Admissions Committee. You will be contacted at the decision deadline to see your final admissions decision.

Yup, that's normal. Same with mine!

Sent from my A0001 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Schools: Haas '18 (WL)
Send PM
vbblr wrote:
TTin wrote:
Hi guys, what's ur status after being interviewed? Mine goes back to: application under review again, is that normal?

Status Description

Great, thank u so much vbblr!

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
You think we can expect calls to go out starting Sunday / Monday?

I think that is when they started to roll out acceptance calls last year.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
daanswer1 wrote:

I haven't even got my interview scheduled yet!!! :-D
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V41
Send PM
daanswer1 wrote:

Is it true that they actually call people that have been admitted? Their website says the following:

How will I be notified of my admissions decision?
We communicate with applicants through email. Admissions decisions will be released on the notification deadline for each round. You will receive an email from our office at that time, instructing you to check your online application status.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.92
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
keatz wrote:
daanswer1 wrote:

Is it true that they actually call people that have been admitted? Their website says the following:

We communicate with applicants through email. Admissions decisions will be released on the notification deadline for each round. You will receive an email from our office at that time, instructing you to check your online application status.

In past years I'm pretty sure they've called. Not sure of the timing though.

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V38
Send PM
keatz wrote:

I went through the Haas topic class of 2018 and last year in R1 they started to *call* already on Sunday. First were the international candidates.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Class Profile Infographic: the Evening & Weekend MBA Class of 2019

Students in our top-ranked part-time MBA program come from everywhere—in terms of geography, field of work, cultural background—and they are going all kinds of places, leveraging studies in the Evening & Weekend Berkeley MBA program to advance in their current companies or fields, make career changes, and launch ventures.

These evening and weekend MBA students do an extraordinary job of balancing work and family with their studies (not to mention friends, pets, athletic pursuits, volunteer work, and more). What makes this possible? They'll tell you it's the culture at Berkeley-Haas, with its four Defining Principles, and the support they enjoy from their peers and the program office.

Here is a by-the-numbers look at the EWMBA class of 2019.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Applying EMBA Leadership Lessons to Pediatric Healthcare

When tempers flare in an operating room, lives are at stake. At UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland, one pediatric surgeon has been working to ensure a better work experience—and better patient outcomes—by sharing leadership skills gained in the Berkeley MBA for Executives Program.

EMBA student Wolfgang Stehr is division chief of pediatric surgery at this hospital treating some 10,000 patients a year. “I wanted to improve the communication among our nurses and doctors, to break down silos, and create a better experience for the patients and staff,” he says. 

Wolfgang found the tools to transform both himself and his team in his executive MBA studies, particularly in the Leadership Communication course, taught by Lecturer Mark Rittenberg, and one of five experiential learning opportunities in the program. By the end of the immersive week, says Wolfgang, "I was so inspired by the work, how it made me think about my colleagues, and even how I felt about the world."

He convinced hospital leadership to offer a three-day workshop for 25 doctors, nurses, and staff, who explored the impact of both verbal and nonverbal communication in the OR.  Chris Newton, trauma director at UCSF Benioff Oakland, who works in the OR with Wolfgang says, “A small percent of the core staff here did this, but those core people are changing the culture of our little world overnight."

Wolfgang and Mark Rittenberg have spoken to doctors at Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston and plan to continue spreading the word. “We can revolutionize health care through trust and connection with each other,” says Wolfgang. “This can be as powerful as any new procedures, treatments, or antibiotics.”

Read the full story on how Wolfgang used his executive MBA skills to transformative effect. 

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
vbblr wrote:
TTin wrote:
Hi guys, what's ur status after being interviewed? Mine went back to: application under review again, is that normal?

Status Description

Damn. I need to stop F5ing this forum. Interviewed a week ago, but no change in status. Surely this must mean something!!!! But seriously, good luck to everybody whose waiting -- I guess we'll all know one way or the other shortly
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Schools: Haas '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Seems like no one receive calls on Sunday... Any of you guys heard of someone receiving an acceptance call yesterday?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Manufacturing)
Send PM
And so it begins...

According to ClearAdmit a LatAm candidate got a call 12:00 PST. :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  25   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts