Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:05 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Hello! I submitted my application in round 4 and the status still says 'file under review'. Has anyone started receiving calls for the interview?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.3
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
I'm a R2 waitlist. Wrote the gmat again yesterday to improve my score and went from a 680 to 690. I'm ok with the score considering I was swamped at work the past month, but disappointed I couldn't crack that magical 700. Still, my quant went from a 46 to 49, and IR from 5 to 8, so at the least, I didn't hurt my chances. Hoping for a positive outcome on May 29th!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.3
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
d1488 wrote:
Hello! I submitted my application in round 4 and the status still says 'file under review'. Has anyone started receiving calls for the interview?

Hey! I applied Round 4, got an interview invite on 5/5, and went to Berkeley for the interview on 5/12. Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
How does the evaluation work for R3 vs R4 candidates ? Are they evaluated together ? Or do they evaluate R3 first and then consider R4 ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Hi,

I was just wondering how do the admissions people look at the waitlist condidates. Are the applications opened towards the end of round cycle or are the waitlist applications re-opened and compared in conjunction with other current applicants?
Anybody on waitlist got a re-interview invite or any other update on their status?

Thanks,
Andy
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hey Andy,

I'm on the R1 waitlist and went to the 2nd interview. Basically they just wanted to clarify some details about my background, jobs, etc, and they put me on the waitlist again in the 2nd round. I think they will gather all people and compare us with the applicants from the 3rd and 4th rounds. Business schools usually need a balance in the class and have to make sure the students are very diversified. If they reach to a certain amount of students from the similar background, they will dump the rest. Sometimes if a person cannot get in, it doesn't mean he/she is not very qualified but may be because some other candidates from the similar background are better for contributing to the class.

So I think it really depends on who you are competing with in the similar pool, and besides there is nothing we can do. But if you have anything you want to update the admissions committee, you can give it a try and let them know where you've improved recently. Best luck!! :)

andymann wrote:
Hi,

I was just wondering how do the admissions people look at the waitlist condidates. Are the applications opened towards the end of round cycle or are the waitlist applications re-opened and compared in conjunction with other current applicants?
Anybody on waitlist got a re-interview invite or any other update on their status?

Thanks,
Andy
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Thanks Jueban for the insight. Probably being an engineer is the least diversification one can have :)
Quick question: Was your 2nd interview towards the end of round 2 result deadline ?
Best of luck to you too!

Andy

Jueban wrote:
Hey Andy,

I'm on the R1 waitlist and went to the 2nd interview. Basically they just wanted to clarify some details about my background, jobs, etc, and they put me on the waitlist again in the 2nd round. I think they will gather all people and compare us with the applicants from the 3rd and 4th rounds. Business schools usually need a balance in the class and have to make sure the students are very diversified. If they reach to a certain amount of students from the similar background, they will dump the rest. Sometimes if a person cannot get in, it doesn't mean he/she is not very qualified but may be because some other candidates from the similar background are better for contributing to the class.

So I think it really depends on who you are competing with in the similar pool, and besides there is nothing we can do. But if you have anything you want to update the admissions committee, you can give it a try and let them know where you've improved recently. Best luck!! :)

andymann wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,
Andy
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Nope. They put me on the waitlist and I accepted the spot the same day. They called me the next day right away.

They don't give 2nd interviews to everyone. I think some information of my background was not very clear so they wanted to know more about me. It doesn't mean anything even if they don't ask you for the 2nd interview. If they don't want you, they can reject you right away but won't put you on the waitlist. So don't worry about it too much. :)

But if you have any info like a promotion or added responsibilities, just email them and let them know. If not, you are all set and wish yourself best luck. Trust me, even if we cannot make it by the end, it doesn't mean all the accepted students are smarter than we are. Going to a business school is just a way for people to get what they want but doesn't guarantee success. So be happy and trust yourself.. hehe..

andymann wrote:
Thanks Jueban for the insight. Probably being an engineer is the least diversification one can have :)
Quick question: Was your 2nd interview towards the end of round 2 result deadline ?
Best of luck to you too!

Andy

Manager
Manager
Send PM
For those of you (like myself), who do not have met the quantitative requirements and who are hoping to get in this year, have you any thoughts on completing the requirement?

What are the best choices?
Anyone who has completed the requirement have any advice?

Thanks

itsme
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 630 Q46 V31
WE:Project Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Take the Math Waiver Exam. It's pretty easy and it only focuses on linear functions, interest formulas and basic derivatives.

I took it a few weeks ago and passed. All you need is a 60% or higher for passing.

itsmedavidv wrote:
For those of you (like myself), who do not have met the quantitative requirements and who are hoping to get in this year, have you any thoughts on completing the requirement?

Thanks

itsme
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I was told we would find out if we were invited to a Round 3 interview by the end of this week -- has anyone heard from them yet? It's Wednesday evening and I'm getting nervous :-(
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Fulfilling Quantitative Requirement

I don't have a 75% in quants. And I do see on my status page --

Quantitative Proficiency Requirement:
College-level Mathematics: Complete
(if blank, then not yet reviewed.)

Does that mean I clear the quantitative requirement on account of my college curriculum? I have applied for R3 and am awaiting for results by May 29. Would I be knowing the requirement fulfillment only by then?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
USCHopeful2015 wrote:
I was told we would find out if we were invited to a Round 3 interview by the end of this week -- has anyone heard from them yet? It's Wednesday evening and I'm getting nervous :-(

I interviewed May 5
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SuNaMe wrote:
Fulfilling Quantitative Requirement

I don't have a 75% in quants. And I do see on my status page --

Quantitative Proficiency Requirement:
College-level Mathematics: Complete
(if blank, then not yet reviewed.)

Does that mean I clear the quantitative requirement on account of my college curriculum? I have applied for R3 and am awaiting for results by May 29. Would I be knowing the requirement fulfillment only by then?

You should be good to go.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bjereza wrote:
Take the Math Waiver Exam. It's pretty easy and it only focuses on linear functions, interest formulas and basic derivatives.

I took it a few weeks ago and passed. All you need is a 60% or higher for passing.

itsmedavidv wrote:

Thanks

itsme

I will PM you this evening.... I have more questions and my math is shaky. Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GPA: 3.49
WE:Marketing (Health Care)
Send PM
USCHopeful2015 wrote:

I interviewed April 15th. I hope you hear from them soon!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V35
Send PM
BerkeleyorBust2015 wrote:
USCHopeful2015 wrote:

I interviewed April 15th. I hope you hear from them soon!

I interviewed April 24th. Good luck to you USCHopeful2015, hope you hear back fomr Adcom soon with an interview invite.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23  ...  44   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts