Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:08 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 3.19
WE:Operations (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Waitlisted...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Rejected from WL R1 and R2.
GMAT 700, PhD. I guess my weakness is that I have stayed in R&D for many years without leadership (kind of manager title)

35 years old now. Not sure to apply again next year.

Good luck to people who are accepted.

Jueban wrote:
Officially dinged. Some background about myself.

GMAT 730.
USC Master's.
6y+ work experience in Media, Entrepreneur & Tech.
R1 applicant and being waitlisted twice.

I'm happy I'm dinged this time instead of another wl. It's like waiting forever, haha ;) Going to start a business soon so won't re-apply again. Basically they review from all aspects. It's like a package instead of one thing, and they want the class to be diversified as well. They even asked me about my salaries and my English skills. (I'm a foreigner here.)

Good luck to you all who got in and who will apply again in the future! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dinged. Oh well. I'm disappointed, but my application was really really last minute.

Those that think the GMAT is the be all? My score was 750. It really is about the full package.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
PhysicsGirl wrote:
Dinged. Oh well. I'm disappointed, but my application was really really last minute.

Those that think the GMAT is the be all? My score was 750. It really is about the full package.

Couldn't agree more with the full package quote. 760 and on the Waitlist. And I have a MS from a top school, in addition to 7 years WE with really the best Software Engineering companies in Bay Area.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
chinatta wrote:
Rejected from WL R1 and R2.
GMAT 700, PhD. I guess my weakness is that I have stayed in R&D for many years without leadership (kind of manager title)

35 years old now. Not sure to apply again next year.

Good luck to people who are accepted.

Jueban wrote:
Officially dinged. Some background about myself.

GMAT 730.
USC Master's.
6y+ work experience in Media, Entrepreneur & Tech.
R1 applicant and being waitlisted twice.

I'm happy I'm dinged this time instead of another wl. It's like waiting forever, haha ;) Going to start a business soon so won't re-apply again. Basically they review from all aspects. It's like a package instead of one thing, and they want the class to be diversified as well. They even asked me about my salaries and my English skills. (I'm a foreigner here.)

Good luck to you all who got in and who will apply again in the future! :)

I am Wled again . I have an accept from Anderson but I was waiting for R3 decision from HAAS. Now I will have to make a decision.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GPA: 3.49
WE:Marketing (Health Care)
Send PM
It's hard to crack the formula...I didn't break the 700 score on the GMAT, but got an interview.

Good luck to all those who got wait listed. At least there's still some hope for y'all.

My plan now is to re-take the GMAT so I can re-apply.

Hello, again, GMAT books. =(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any suggestions as to whether its worth reapplying next year or accepting Anderson FEMBA this year? If i do FEMBA, i plan to fly in every Saturday from bay area as i want to get the classroom experience and enjoy the network as much as possible.

I know it comes down to ones passion and personal circumstances, but any reapplicant has any insight? Or any kind of suggestions?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V30
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V37
Send PM
binaryuser01 wrote:
Waitlisted again !!! :| Agony continues .... I am R2 Waitlisted candidate.

Waitlisted 5th time - 2 from last year and 3 from this one :roll:

Goodluck everyone.

Originally posted by bit on 29 May 2015, 12:00.
Last edited by bit on 29 May 2015, 12:30, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Waitlisted as well, R3 first-time applicant, 10yr WE.

According to FAQ link in today's waitlist email, next decision date is 07/02/15.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Strategy
Send PM
I am a R4 applicant. I did not receive any call and today, received an email saying I have been wait-listed! Congrats to those of you who got in. Good luck to the rest of us.

-
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dinged as well.

:-(

Congrats to all who were accepted!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Kudos
rahul2609 wrote:
Any suggestions as to whether its worth reapplying next year or accepting Anderson FEMBA this year? If i do FEMBA, i plan to fly in every Saturday from bay area as i want to get the classroom experience and enjoy the network as much as possible.

I know it comes down to ones passion and personal circumstances, but any reapplicant has any insight? Or any kind of suggestions?

Dude my thoughts exactly. See you in SW Airlines :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.11
Send PM
rahul2609 wrote:

I would contact the EWMBA office and see if they can give you some feedback on your application. If it's a quick fix to put your application over the top (maybe more WE, higher GMAT, etc.) it might be worth holding off on FEMBA and reapplying if you really really want to go to Haas.

That being said, the Anderson FEMBA program is great, and the folks there that I talked to really sounded like they loved it, so I don't think you can go wrong going there. The level of enthusiasm and passion that the assistant dean (Dylan) has is off the charts, and they really treat their students well and make them feel important. The program is also pretty agile from an administrative/bureaucracy sense because they've privatized and gotten more autonomy from UCLA, so stuff gets down quite a bit faster. The facilities are fantastic, support staff is great, and you really get a sense that they work hard to give you the best experience (for instance, the FEMBApalooza thing they do each summer). There's also a very palpable feel that they're working extraordinarily hard to improve their school ranking, if that kind of stuff is important to you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.11
Send PM
launchpad123 wrote:
PhysicsGirl wrote:

Couldn't agree more with the full package quote. 760 and on the Waitlist. And I have a MS from a top school, in addition to 7 years WE with really the best Software Engineering companies in Bay Area.

I agree, I think a big chunk of the application is how you convey yourself and how effectively you sell yourself as prospective student. From past feedback sessions from my previous dings, a lot of the things I needed to fix revolved around how I told my stories in my application. One of the most valuable tips I got through this process was that it's critical to quantify the impact that you make, and to highlight times when you took initiative to affect change. It was a lot of these nuances that I didn't understand at first. It's very possible that one's overall body of work is impressive enough, but ultimately it all hinges on the ability to tell those stories. Alternatively, if your body of work is lacking in something (say, demonstrating leadership due to lack of opportunities), then it becomes critical to identify extracurricular opportunities that would provide you with the opportunity to function in a position of leadership and come back with a stronger profile the next time around.

Just my thoughts, your mileage may vary.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Just accepted the admission and put in my deposit. When should I expect the verification email from Kroll ? How long does it take for the Graduate office to verify your transcripts ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V35
Send PM
Got WL too! Both good and bad news. Fellows here do you know the rough number of WL people who end up actually getting admitted? I dont want to get my hopes up if only a couple of WL people end up getting admitted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Dinged. As a non US citizen working in the bay area (for a big software company) on a work visa and waiting in the never-ending queue for a green card, I have very limited options to switch jobs or move departments in order to be better aligned with my post-MBA plans. The one thing I can control is my GMAT, so my quest for a 750+ score begins this weekend. Of course I can look into my essays and work on finessing them as well. I'm a little shocked looking at all you guys who got dinged or waitlisted with 750+ scores though. It clearly shows AdCom is looking at the whole package, and that scares me because I'm kind of stuck at my job role for the next few years.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  33   34   35   36   37   38   39  ...  44   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts