Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 06:46 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Ive been invited to Haas visitation day on March 5. Looks like R2 all out of bay area shortlisted candidates are called on the same day. Anyone going to this one?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Ill be going to the Visitation Day. I just recently went to a similar event for UCLA and it was a lot of fun so definitely looking forward to the Berkeley event.
Intern
Intern
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Awesome! I was at UCLA too. Good luck :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Hi Guys,

The Haas visitation day coincides with UC Davis Admit day - both on mar 5. I have to choose between the two
Will missing Haas visitation affect admission decision ? Any thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks very much
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vinkoo86 wrote:
Hi Guys,

The Haas visitation day coincides with UC Davis Admit day - both on mar 5. I have to choose between the two
Will missing Haas visitation affect admission decision ? Any thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks very much

Just my opinion but I think taking any chance you have to get in front of the admissions team will only help your chances so I would I pick my first choice school. I understand the balance though of having a higher probability of getting into Davis over Berkeley and committing more effort to that higher probability.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
vinkoo86 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I hope not... I think visiting campus/attending info sessions/auditing classes etc. is part of the research that one does to learn about the school and program. You would use all these points to solidify your case during the interview and in your essays. You don't have to attend every single event, but make sure you have been to a few of such events.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
EJS22 wrote:
vinkoo86 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Just my opinion but I think taking any chance you have to get in front of the admissions team will only help your chances so I would I pick my first choice school. I understand the balance though of having a higher probability of getting into Davis over Berkeley and committing more effort to that higher probability.

Thanks EJS22 - i have already been offered admission at Davis. May be that makes it less important to attend the admit day ?Haas is my first choice - no doubt.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hello guys,

Here is my timeline.

Applied - 1/19
Invited to interview - 2/1
Interview - 2/16

I am now waiting on the decision. The interview was pretty much as it has been described before. Some questions other than the usual resume/ST & LT are below,

1. Which of the defining principles speaks to you the most?
2. What will you contribute to the class? What can your classmates learn from you?
3. What makes you unique?

One thing that the interviewer mentioned at the beginning caught me by surprise. She said that they interview candidates before looking at the applications so it's OK if I end up repeating the same things that are already on the essay and that it was by design. I suppose they do this for the part-time program as the applicant pool is lower. This is very interesting and seems like everyone who applied should get an invite for the interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
Send PM
My interviewer had also informed me that the interview is 'blind' i.e. she had not seen my application.
What I have understood from talking to alumni and connecting the dots is that they make a preliminary assessment of the profile before calling a candidate for an interview.
The interview is another 'data point' for the adcom before they make a 'yay' or 'nay' in addition to the essays, resume, etc.

Also, from the previous year's thread, I found that not all who applied got an interview invite. Don't know if things are different this year.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vinkoo86 wrote:
EJS22 wrote:
vinkoo86 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks EJS22 - i have already been offered admission at Davis. May be that makes it less important to attend the admit day ?Haas is my first choice - no doubt.

I think the only downside of not going to the Davis one (if not required) is connecting with fellow admitted students early on when everyone is excited about being admitted. But if it increases your chances at Berkeley and doesn't hurt your chances at Davis since you already got in, sounds like visitation day might be the way to go.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any word on whether Haas might have a Round 4 this year?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
emilyemily99 wrote:
Any word on whether Haas might have a Round 4 this year?

I haven't heard/read anything about adding a round 4 this year. It's probably still too early for them to determine the need especially since R2 decisions are not even out yet. Their FAQ says, "We may continue to accept applications on a rolling basis after the final deadline, but priority will be given to those applicants who apply by the Round 3 deadline of March 9."
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Attention: R3 Applicants

Application Tips Webinar
Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM (PST)

https://ewmba.haas.berkeley.edu/admissions/events/register.html?id=701600000014g2nAAA
Intern
Intern
Send PM
divbell2003 wrote:
Also, from the previous year's thread, I found that not all who applied got an interview invite. Don't know if things are different this year.

From Info session, the rate of applicants to receive interview is about 80%.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
divbell2003 wrote:
My interviewer had also informed me that the interview is 'blind' i.e. she had not seen my application.
What I have understood from talking to alumni and connecting the dots is that they make a preliminary assessment of the profile before calling a candidate for an interview.
The interview is another 'data point' for the adcom before they make a 'yay' or 'nay' in addition to the essays, resume, etc.

I attended an info session where the admission committee member informed the attendees that 80% of the applicants are invited to interview.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone that is going to the Visitation Day this weekend receive info regarding their interview time slot or class visits yet?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EJS22 wrote:
Anyone that is going to the Visitation Day this weekend receive info regarding their interview time slot or class visits yet?

Thanks!

I am going on Saturday and still haven't received any info about the interview or class visits! Was going to follow up if I don't hear back today.

Anyone get any more details about their schedule for Haas Visitation day?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  14   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts