Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 16:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all HBS 2011 Applicants!! (Including 2+2)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 67

Kudos [?]: 102 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all HBS 2011 Applicants!! (Including 2+2) [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2011, 14:39
I started a new thread
Calling All HBS 2012 Applicants (including 2+2)

calling-all-hbs-2012-applicants-including-114796.html#p930258

if someone more technically gifted than I could repost some of the very useful boilerplate on pages 1 -3 of this thread, which includes resources and articles and suggestions for posting stats to google docs, there, we all would appreciate it.

sk

AskSandy--the HBS guru
http://hbsguru.com
app + essay advice, free profile evaluation
GREAT HBS MOCK INTERVIEW service.

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 25

Re: Calling all HBS 2011 Applicants!! (Including 2+2) [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2011, 12:18
anyone have any luck calling?

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all HBS 2011 Applicants!! (Including 2+2) [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2011, 13:52
I didnt call Dee. Instead, I emailed Eileen/Dana to ask for feedbacks. No replies..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 17

Re: Calling all HBS 2011 Applicants!! (Including 2+2) [#permalink] New post 15 Jun 2011, 09:55
**Sorry for the semi-spam status of this post, I also dropped it in 2012 thread**

Hello Everyone,

This is a kind of a shot in the dark, but:

I am planning a visit to HBS next Monday (6/20/11), and I will be in town until Tues evening (6/21/11).

I'd love for the chance to treat you to coffee and/or beer and chat with you about HBS during my visit. Don't matter if you are just admitted, currently enrolled, or an alum - I have plenty of questions for any category.

PM me if you are interested in helping this poor soul.

haha! Thanks!
Manager
Manager
WE 1: Operations, Marketing
WE 2: Finance, Consulting
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all HBS 2011 Applicants!! (Including 2+2) [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2011, 18:36
humphy wrote:
**Sorry for the semi-spam status of this post, I also dropped it in 2012 thread**

Hello Everyone,

This is a kind of a shot in the dark, but:

I am planning a visit to HBS next Monday (6/20/11), and I will be in town until Tues evening (6/21/11).

I'd love for the chance to treat you to coffee and/or beer and chat with you about HBS during my visit. Don't matter if you are just admitted, currently enrolled, or an alum - I have plenty of questions for any category.

PM me if you are interested in helping this poor soul.

haha! Thanks!

If you have any questions, send me an email (hbs.consultant@gmail.com) or visit my website (http://www.hbsadmissionsconsulting.com).

HBS Grad
http://www.mbaadcom.com
formerly http://www.hbsadmissionsconsulting.com

Manager
Manager
WE 1: Operations, Marketing
WE 2: Finance, Consulting
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all HBS 2011 Applicants!! (Including 2+2) [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2011, 18:59
bakerbeach wrote:
ron8sym wrote:
Should we call Eileen or Dee?

I'm truly thankful to all for been so supportive throughout this process. Best of luck to anyone who plans to reapp this year. Do it in R1!!!

It is a good question. I am not sure if any good or specific information will come out from the phone conversation. I kind of remember in the decision letter, Dee said only general questions since she will not have your personal files at hand. Thoughts?

For those who were unfortunately dinged, send me your application and I'll give you my feedback. It's truly an emotional rollercoaster to be on the WL so I empathize.

(hbs.consultant@gmail.com, http://www.hbsadmissionsconsulting.com)

HBS Grad
http://www.mbaadcom.com
formerly http://www.hbsadmissionsconsulting.com

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all HBS 2011 Applicants!! (Including 2+2) [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2011, 14:35
Does anyone know if HBS asks any of these questions year after year?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 238 [0], given: 13

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all HBS 2011 Applicants!! (Including 2+2) [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2011, 15:04
You can visit this website for a list of plausible interview questions that may come up!
http://www.clearadmit.com/wiki/index.ph ... dInterview

Powerscore CR Bible Full Chapter Notes | Easily Extend Vocabulary List with Google Dictionary

Please kudo me if you found my post useful. Thanks!!! :)

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all HBS 2011 Applicants!! (Including 2+2) [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2012, 01:35
hey
I am a 1st year engineering student.
I have been following this blog for quite some time now and i wanted to know how my getting involved in business related activities such as B-plan formulation, case studies etc in college would affect my chances when I apply in the 2+2 program?
I actually have an opportunity to do an internship in microfinance this summer or apply for a economics/management/leadership course in LSE but seeing as I am a science student and HBS 2+2 doesnt 'target' business course undergraduates, would it prove to be counter-productive to my chances of getting in?
Should i just stick to internships or other research opportunities in my field and present a 'nerdy' image?
thanks
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all HBS 2011 Applicants!! (Including 2+2) [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2012, 02:30
hey
I am a 1st yr student in Delhi College of Engineering(DCE), India.
I have been following this blog for quite some time now and i wanted to know how my getting involved in business related activities such as B-plan formulation, case studies etc in college would affect my chances when I apply in the 2+2 program?
I actually have an opportunity to do an internship in microfinance this summer or apply for a economics/management/leadership course in LSE but seeing as I am a science student and HBS 2+2 doesnt 'target' business course undergraduates, would it prove to be counter-productive to my chances of getting in?
Should i just stick to internships or other research opportunities in my field ?
thanks
Director
Director
Affiliations: HBS Class of 2013
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 120 [0], given: 4

Premium Member
Re: Calling all HBS 2011 Applicants!! (Including 2+2) [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2012, 11:12
prjy wrote:
hey
I am a 1st yr student in Delhi College of Engineering(DCE), India.
Should i just stick to internships or other research opportunities in my field ?
thanks

This is last year's thread--probably not going to get a lot of responses to it. You'd be better off asking here: calling-all-hbs-2012-applicants-including-114796.html

http://www.militarytobusiness.com/

Re: Calling all HBS 2011 Applicants!! (Including 2+2)   [#permalink] 02 Jan 2012, 11:12