Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:51 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.37
WE:Engineering (Health Care)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2391 [0]
Given Kudos: 355
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Re: Calling all HBS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
did you apply everywhere R3?
MutatisMutandis wrote:
newsHBS wrote:
FROM HBS Admissions Blog: Round 3 Interviews
Greetings to all Round 3 applicants - here's the plan:

On Wednesday, April 22, we will send out both interview invitations and release notifications. We plan for this to be at 12:00 noon, ET. Therefore, all Round 3 applicants will be hearing something from us on that date.

Interviews will take place on campus on May 1 and May 4. Detailed instructions will be in the invitation. We will not be doing any interview travel this round.

2+2 applicants are strongly advised NOT to compromise their academic commitments in order to travel to HBS for the interview - we will arrange Skype interviews.

I think that's all the news there is!
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB

Great. Sounds good to me. Twelve more days of suspense.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
angelfire213 wrote:
did you apply everywhere R3?
MutatisMutandis wrote:
newsHBS wrote:

On Wednesday, April 22, we will send out both interview invitations and release notifications. We plan for this to be at 12:00 noon, ET. Therefore, all Round 3 applicants will be hearing something from us on that date.

Interviews will take place on campus on May 1 and May 4. Detailed instructions will be in the invitation. We will not be doing any interview travel this round.

2+2 applicants are strongly advised NOT to compromise their academic commitments in order to travel to HBS for the interview - we will arrange Skype interviews.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB

Great. Sounds good to me. Twelve more days of suspense.

Yeah unfortunately, i made the decision to apply only at end of january.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Sustainability, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Angelfire, glad to see you here again. Good luck with HBS. So I'm also submitted for R3 and we won't know the decisions until after other schools (i.e., Booth) deposits are due on 4/31. how do you guys plan on handling that?

angelfire213 wrote:
can she post the interview dates already!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
She said all R3 candidates will hear something from us on April 22. My guess is that R3 applicants will either be invited to interview or rejected/waitlisted.

Faith783 wrote:
Angelfire, glad to see you here again. Good luck with HBS. So I'm also submitted for R3 and we won't know the decisions until after other schools (i.e., Booth) deposits are due on 4/31. how do you guys plan on handling that?

angelfire213 wrote:
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Sustainability, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
What I was saying is that if you're invited to interview on 4/22 then you won't know your fate until 5/13, which is past 4/31 (the R2 deposit date for other schools). How should we handle that?

MutatisMutandis wrote:
She said all R3 candidates will hear something from us on April 22. My guess is that R3 applicants will either be invited to interview or rejected/waitlisted.

Faith783 wrote:

angelfire213 wrote:

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Gotcha. My Bad.

Faith783 wrote:
What I was saying is that if you're invited to interview on 4/22 then you won't know your fate until 5/13, which is past 4/31 (the R2 deposit date for other schools). How should we handle that?

MutatisMutandis wrote:

Faith783 wrote:

Posted from my mobile device
personally, i'm paying the R2 deposit on one school. That's my biggest decision. Luckily, the interview notification date is before that. If by some chance I get invited to interview (not holding my breath) then i can think about that. To be perfectly frank, this HBS app is because I felt i had to. I don't know that i truly want to go. And i didn't apply R2 bc i didn't want to feel rushed. So let's see.

The biggest deposit I would have to pay is 2 grand...so in the grand scheme of things, i don't mind.
Faith783 wrote:

angelfire213 wrote:
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Send PM
Harvard Business School has launched a new initiative to spark interest in graduate management education among college women and recent graduates who may not have previously considered a career in business.

According to an article in The Harvard Crimson, the program—called PEEK—is aimed at women-only colleges such as Wellesely and Barnard as a way to address the under-representation of women at the business school, whose enrollment currently stands at 41 percent.

PEEK will cost $500 per participant, and the program plans to host 70 to 80 rising juniors, seniors, and recent graduates during a weekend in June to familiarize them with the MBA program, the Crimson reports.

Participants will have accommodations on campus, take part in assigned case studies, and meet with faculty, current students, and alumni, explains Director of MBA Admissions and Financial Aid Dee Leopold, who calls the program a way for prospective students “to literally take a peek at what happens in an MBA program.”

The PEEK program is the latest in HBS’ series of efforts to tackle gender equity issues head-on. The school came under intense scrutiny in 2013 as it celebrated 50 years of women at HBS while still grappling with gender inequity and sexism.

In January 2014, Dean Nitin Nohria addressed the subject at an alumnae event, where he apologized to female students and professors past and present for any sexist or offensive behavior they experienced at the business school. In that speech, he said the school owed them better, and promised to make swift changes to address the inequalities that still exist.

There may still be a ways to go, but the PEEK program sounds like a great step in the right direction.
 You may also be interested in:
Challenges and Opportunities for Female MBA Applicants

If you are looking for guidance on your MBA application, Stacy Blackman Consulting can help with hourly and comprehensive consulting services. Contact us to learn more. Visit the website for Stacy Blackman Reviews, and check out the company’s e-publications for more in depth school-by-school guidance.

SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Send PM
Spurred to action by Harvard Business School‘s MBA satisfaction survey published in February, the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School came out with its own poll earlier this week and claims to beat out HBS by nearly 25%. The question asked of respondents in the original survey was: how likely they would be to recommend an HBS MBA to an interested and qualified friend or colleague. The results garnered HBS a Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 41, on a par with Walgreens or Tracfone. The NPS at Wharton, meanwhile, is 51, right up there with Discover Card.

This scoring system, created by management consultants to measure customer loyalty, subtracts the share of students who were less enthusiastic about the program from those who would strongly recommend it to a friend. People who rate the MBA program 0-6 on a 10-point scale are the “detractors,” while those who give it a 9 or a 10 are considered promoters. Those in the middle are considered passives and therefore aren’t included in the score.

image credit: The Wharton Journal

At the time of the Harbus’s anonymous survey publication, 105 students had responded. Over 249 Wharton students filled out an anonymous survey link sent via email blast and Facebook two weeks ago.

According to an article in The Wharton Journal, Wharton’s NPS of 51 was comprised of 61.85% promoters and 10.84% detractors. In the Harbus survey, the MBA program’s NPS of 41 was comprised of 62% promoters and 22% detractors. In other words, the same percentage would recommend the program, but a greater number at HBS had serious gripes about it.

The Wharton article praises the increased satisfaction score with second-years, going from 49 to 53. There’s a conundrum though, in the fact that ‘the people at Wharton’ is simultaneously the top answer for what people like about Wharton, and for what people don’t like about Wharton.

Over at the Harbus, their survey results also indicate people seem to either love or dislike the same things: classmates, classroom learning, career opportunities, and program structure. The Harbus closes its article on a hopeful note, calling the survey “the beginning of an ongoing discussion about the strengths and weaknesses of the MBA program.”

Meanwhile, The Wharton Journal says in their survey wrap-up that the administration is interested in reading the feedback, noting that Deputy Vice Dean Maryellen Lamb responded, “Given the data-driven culture of Wharton, I’m delighted to see our students express their school spirit and pride through a system like NPS.”

If you are looking for guidance on your MBA application, Stacy Blackman Consulting can help with hourly and comprehensive consulting services. Contact us to learn more. Visit the website for Stacy Blackman Reviews, and check out the company’s e-publications for more in depth school-by-school guidance.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM

D-day today. It was nice to dream (don't really think i'll be invited to interview but had to give it a shot).

Who else is ready?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 600 Q30 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.1
WE:Analyst (Venture Capital)
Send PM
angelfire213 wrote:
D-day today. It was nice to dream (don't really think i'll be invited to interview but had to give it a shot).

Who else is ready?

I feel exactly the same. Best of luck !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I'm trying to make myself busy to not get anxious about whether I'll get the invitation... but it's evening at my place now :'( I won't be able sleep well tonight I suppose
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Schools: LBS '18 (M)
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
leu07vk wrote:
angelfire213 wrote:

Who else is ready?

All the best Everyone !!!!

Round 3 is like throwing a marble from a mile high and hoping for it to fall in a bucket... I HOPE WE ALL GET THRU..... But we must not lose hope. It's just the beginning of getting started ?

Good Luck again !!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
sgk376 wrote:
leu07vk wrote:
angelfire213 wrote:

Who else is ready?

All the best Everyone !!!!

Round 3 is like throwing a marble from a mile high and hoping for it to fall in a bucket... I HOPE WE ALL GET THRU..... But we must not lose hope. It's just the beginning of getting started ?

Good Luck again !!

All we can do is hope that the bucket is as large as a pond. :-D
Can't wait to hear from HBS. Either way, ill be ok after today, but just had to give it a shot.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
less than 2 hours people ... Best of luck to you all.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
And the heartbreak begins in less than 2 hours. Do you guys think a person dinged in round 3 can have a successful round 1 application?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts