Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:48 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: HBS '18 (M$)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Re: Calling all HBS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Hi I had a question about the recommendation letters.

My recommenders told me that he wrote the letter more than 300 words limit. Is that gonna be a problem? Thanks!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2391 [0]
Given Kudos: 355
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
hzhan44 wrote:
Hi I had a question about the recommendation letters.

My recommenders told me that he wrote the letter more than 300 words limit. Is that gonna be a problem? Thanks!

Not at all, don't worry they won't penalize a recommender that feels that he/she needs to provide more context/stories to support an applicant. I guess it would only hurt if it sounds repetitive or irrelevant.

That's the key.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Submitted in R1. Made a small mistake. The dates of graduation mentioned on the transcript are a bit different from what I mentioned on the online form.

The transcript says undergrad dates as July 2006 to May 2009 (on the basis on classes taken).

I reported it from June 2006-June 2009 (on the basis on admission date and receipt of marksheet date).

Is it a problem or am I overeating?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
9W57th wrote:
Submitted in R1. Made a small mistake. The dates of graduation mentioned on the transcript are a bit different from what I mentioned on the online form.

The transcript says undergrad dates as July 2006 to May 2009 (on the basis on classes taken).

I reported it from June 2006-June 2009 (on the basis on admission date and receipt of marksheet date).

I read somewhere that Adcom won't pay much attention to minor differences in your application - such as a few days shift of your graduation dates. Cannot recall the source but it was from either Harvard, Stanford or Duke Adcom.

Anyway, you have submitted the application; nothing can change except cheering for 1 app down and focusing on other apps. :)
VP
VP
Send PM
9W57th wrote:

Its fine. Just in case you applying to other school they usually have something like dates attended and date conceived separetely.
But no biggie

Cheers
J :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
jlgdr wrote:
9W57th wrote:

Its fine. Just in case you applying to other school they usually have something like dates attended and date conceived separetely.
But no biggie

Cheers

Thanks for the input. The long wait has begun.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
A little late posting this, but good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
So after I submitted my application, I found out that I will be getting promoted effective 10/1. Do you think i should send them an email regarding this update?
Director
Director
Affiliations: HBS Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: HBS '13 (A)
Send PM
Kudos
9W57th wrote:

...and this is a prime example of why I tell my clients not to look back at their applications after clicking "submit." There's is zero good that can come from it, and I'm about 98% certain that this sort of minor mistake isn't even going to get noticed by anyone.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Good luck to all who submitted apps!

As a 2+2'er who will be joining the class of 2017, I hope to meet most of you soon.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
FROM HBS Admissions Blog: Round 1 - Next Steps
While you are happily back in your Real Lives, Dillon is in reading mode.

This is how the next stage of the process will unfold:

Interview invitations will be sent out via email on October 8 and October 15. Candidates invited to interview will receive detailed instructions about the sign-up procedure. The interview scheduler will go live the following day.

On October 15, candidates who will not be invited to interview will be notified of their release.

A group of Round 1 applicants, possibly 100-150, will be placed under Further Consideration. These candidates will be reviewed in Round 2 and either be invited to interview or released on the Round 2 timetable.

Round 1 interviews will be conducted between October 20 and November 21. Not all dates will be available in all locations. In addition to on-campus interviews, we will be interviewing in New York City, Palo Alto, London, Paris, Shanghai, Tokyo, Dubai, Mumbai, Sao Paulo, and Santiago. Candidates who cannot travel may be accommodated via Skype.

I've said this before, but it bears repeating: We love having interviewees visit campus and will have a full day of get-to-know HBS activities, but the location of your interview plays no part in the selection process.

Onward.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
-> Issue Solved

Originally posted by TheApplicant on 14 Sep 2014, 12:48.
Last edited by TheApplicant on 15 Sep 2014, 09:40, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
WE:Other (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
TheApplicant wrote:
After submitting my application I noticed that I miscalculated my number of months of full-time work experience

Me too! My name is "Faht Ing" and I noticed after submission that my name is currently on my application as "Fart Ing"... how do I change it? Should I leave it as is and hope this acts in some way as a branding mechanism? :oops:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Analyst (Venture Capital)
Send PM
cowabungaman7 wrote:

Me too! My name is "Faht Ing" and I noticed after submission that my name is currently on my application as "Fart Ing"... how do I change it? Should I leave it as is and hope this acts in some way as a branding mechanism? :oops:

Are you serious?? Sorry bro, but this is hilarious!!!
VP
VP
Send PM
edukredensir wrote:
cowabungaman7 wrote:

Lol, second that. Are you f#$%#$% kidding me? I honestly don't know which one is worst!!!

Cheers
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
edukredensir wrote:
cowabungaman7 wrote:

+1
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [1]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
@I feel bad about the name auto-correct issue but at the same time I admire your courage to call it a "branding" mechanism.
i would probably email the adcom and delecately approach it since your name won't match the GMAT Score reports or (hopefully) your recommendations. LOL. Sorry. This is the very needed humor at this tense moment that this thread really needed.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  63   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts