Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:21 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all HBS Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink]
MBA2010uv wrote:
0 - probably won't see action until tomorrow or the first of next week since they are finishing up interviews today for Round 3

ah, good call
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I'm a third round candidate who had my interview last Thursday. I guess now I'm just waiting. I was wondering if anyone knew how notifications were released. Should I expect to hear May 13th?

From what I've read here it appears waitlisters were now on a sort of rolling admission and could be getting notified daily. Does the same hold true for 3rd round candidates? Or am I expected to wait until the 11th hour?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:HBS - Class of 2012, INSEAD,
 Q50  V42
Send PM
JnJThenMBA wrote:
I'm a third round candidate who had my interview last Thursday. I guess now I'm just waiting. I was wondering if anyone knew how notifications were released. Should I expect to hear May 13th?

From what I've read here it appears waitlisters were now on a sort of rolling admission and could be getting notified daily. Does the same hold true for 3rd round candidates? Or am I expected to wait until the 11th hour?

On the exact date and time mentioned, you'll get an email that the "decision is available online". You have to login to the application website, and you can find the decision there. (Or if you just happen to be sleeping like me and are fortunate enough to get accepted, you'll wake up with 2 emails - 1 to say that you can check it online and another one from the prematric website a few hours later that congratulates you with your acceptance)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Any R3 or WL receive decisions noon today?? I have not received any news...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
Yup. I was waitlisted. If you log on you should be able to see their response.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
Kudos
I was waitlisted also - at exactly noon. JnJ - what are your feelings on the waitlist in Round 3?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ding.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dinged off waitlist. good luck everyone
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
 Q50  V42
Send PM
2010Ahead wrote:
I was waitlisted also - at exactly noon. JnJ - what are your feelings on the waitlist in Round 3?

Copy/paste from another forum. It apparently doesn't look great if you're still on the waitlist or have been waitlisted in round 3. I hope you guys have back-up plans as well ... :/
Best of luck though. I hope you both make it in.

May 11, 2010

Hello Everyone:

It's Eileen Chang from the MBA Admissions Board at HBS. As we are in the final stages of admitting the Class of 2012, I'd like to provide you with another update on where we stand with the waitlist.

Round 3 decisions will be released this Thursday, May 13. Over these past two weeks, we have made close to 40 offers of admission between those on the waitlist from the first two rounds, and those interviewed during round 3 who will find out their decision on Thursday.

At this time, we anticipate extending up to 10 more offers of admission to those on the waitlist. Additionally, we will reach out to approximately 20 more of you to ask you to remain with us through the summer in case a last-minute spot opens up in the class. Finally, we will also be releasing candidates from the waitlist this Thursday.

As I mentioned earlier this month, we know that many of you are anxious for resolution on your application, and the majority of you should expect to hear a decision on your application by this Thursday, May 13.

Thank you for your patience with our process, and please contact my colleague, Dana Scalisi, or myself if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Eileen Chang
MBA Admissions
Harvard Business School
Soldiers Field Road
Dillon House
Boston, MA 02163
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Thanks - I saw this somewhere else as well. I was just wondering if people had any further insight or just what thoughts were based on discussions with others or past precedent. I assume Round 3 is the worst round to be waitlisted in since there are no more rounds to dissapoint and allow in more people, but curious what others think.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Were there any admits on the thread that reapplied this year after being turned down in 2009? I'd love to hear about any of your experiences and what you did differently this time around. Please send me a PM if you don't mind sharing.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Schools:HBS - Class of 2012
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Kudos
KBCalifornia wrote:
Were there any admits on the thread that reapplied this year after being turned down in 2009? I'd love to hear about any of your experiences and what you did differently this time around. Please send me a PM if you don't mind sharing.

Yes, WL last year and got admitted this year.

I improved my application and had a much better interview. :) I don't think there is a trick for reapplicant but you should try to be clear whether
1) You were competitive and somehow your application or interview was not as good as you could have done
2) Your were not competitive (no interview) and basically, re-applying is useless
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone still on the waitlist?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

I would really appreciate it if Sandy the HBS guru or any HBS veteran applicants could give me some advice with regards to structure of the 3 accomplishment essay.

Should I number the accomplishments?

1) accomplishment 1
sub-essay
2) accomplishment 2
sub-essay
3) accomplishment 3
sub-essay

Or should they be embedded? So I will start the first sentence of each sub-essay with: "My proudest accomplishment is XXXX"

Would it be okay to do neither of above and just separate the sub essays into 3 paragraphs? The adcom could easily assume that they are 3 different accomplishments? Reason I ask is because the word limit is extremely restricting. Right now, I'm at 650 words after cutting it down from 1200. And every word counts..

Thanks for your help!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
 Q50  V42
Send PM
Kudos
stuckatfailure wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I would really appreciate it if Sandy the HBS guru or any HBS veteran applicants could give me some advice with regards to structure of the 3 accomplishment essay.

Should I number the accomplishments?

1) accomplishment 1
sub-essay
2) accomplishment 2
sub-essay
3) accomplishment 3
sub-essay

Or should they be embedded? So I will start the first sentence of each sub-essay with: "My proudest accomplishment is XXXX"

Would it be okay to do neither of above and just separate the sub essays into 3 paragraphs? The adcom could easily assume that they are 3 different accomplishments? Reason I ask is because the word limit is extremely restricting. Right now, I'm at 650 words after cutting it down from 1200. And every word counts..

Thanks for your help!

Not sure what best practice is, but I actually used subtitles. I was struggling with the word limit as well otherwise if I had to make 1 coherent essay out of 3 completely different accomplishments.

Achievement 1 title
1/3 word limit for achievement 1

Achievement 2 title
1/3 word limit for achievement 2

Achievement 3 title
1/3 word limit for achievement 3

I got accepted at HBS, so at least they didn't hate the approach. :-)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am on the waitlist

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern