Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 10:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

HEC Paris January 2012 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 7

HEC Paris January 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2010, 11:41
This post received
KUDOS
Hi all!

I'm going to apply in March to HEC's January 2012 intake. Is there any one else who's going to apply?

GMAT: 720 Q47 V41 / TOEFL iBT: 118

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 7

Re: Calling all HEC Paris January 2012 applicants!!! [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2011, 23:12
This post received
KUDOS
Insearchofmba wrote:
bseb wrote:
Hi all!

I'm going to apply in March to HEC's January 2012 intake. Is there any one else who's going to apply?

I've also applied, when should we expect to hear something from them?

Hi Insearchofmba,

I decided to apply this year for the September 2012 intake instead. It's a rolling admission system so it shouldn't take too long for you to hear back from HEC. Good luck to you ;)

GMAT: 720 Q47 V41 / TOEFL iBT: 118

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all HEC Paris January 2012 applicants!!! [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2011, 22:36
bseb wrote:
Hi all!

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all HEC Paris January 2012 applicants!!! [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2011, 01:23
bseb wrote:
Insearchofmba wrote:
bseb wrote:
Hi all!

Hi Insearchofmba,

I decided to apply this year for the September 2012 intake instead. It's a rolling admission system so it shouldn't take too long for you to hear back from HEC. Good luck to you ;)

Hi Bseb

Thanks a lot and all the best for your app for sep.

Have you heard anything from them?

Regards
Manager
Manager
Schools: Admitted: IESE($$),HEC, RSM,Esade
WE 1: 3.5 years international
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 18

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all HEC Paris January 2012 applicants!!! [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2011, 02:47
Hi...anyone waiting for the final decision by friday this week?..R2 January 2012 intake
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all HEC Paris January 2012 applicants!!! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2011, 03:08
shekharvineet wrote:
Hi...anyone waiting for the final decision by friday this week?..R2 January 2012 intake

Isn't there anyone on the GmatClub who has applied to HEC for the January intake? :roll:
Manager
Manager
Schools: HEC Paris,Cambridge (admit), IMD,INSEAD(waiting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all HEC Paris January 2012 applicants!!! [#permalink] New post 04 May 2011, 10:36
Is this group still active? I wanted to connect with other applicants who have applied to HEC's Jan program
Intern
Intern
Schools: IMD, Insead, HEC, IE
WE 1: 8 years

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all HEC Paris January 2012 applicants!!! [#permalink] New post 12 May 2011, 23:38
ddu wrote:
Is this group still active? I wanted to connect with other applicants who have applied to HEC's Jan program

anyone here..!! I've applied in R3 for the Jan'12.
Looks like a pretty quiet forum
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all HEC Paris January 2012 applicants!!! [#permalink] New post 13 May 2011, 06:23
shubhamb wrote:
ddu wrote:

Hi Shubhamb,
So how far have you got to with your HEC application? I too have applied to the Jan 2012 program..What's happening? Have you seen any Jan 2012 program admits on this forum?
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all HEC Paris January 2012 applicants!!! [#permalink] New post 20 May 2011, 12:18
ddu wrote:
shubhamb wrote:
ddu wrote:

Hi Shubhamb,
So how far have you got to with your HEC application? I too have applied to the Jan 2012 program..What's happening? Have you seen any Jan 2012 program admits on this forum?

Hi..I applied in R2 for jan 2012 intake and have already been admitted. I also have admits from IESE,Esade and RSM..Thinking between IESE and HEC..Tough call
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all HEC Paris January 2012 applicants!!! [#permalink] New post 24 May 2011, 06:07
ddu wrote:
shubhamb wrote:
ddu wrote:

Hi Shubhamb,

Finally a pre-selection email... Had applied in R3. Have been told to await details of interviewers. Keeping my fingers crossed.
can anyone share their interview experiences.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all HEC Paris January 2012 applicants!!! [#permalink] New post 24 May 2011, 08:49
Congrats Shubham for the invite....I too got preselected and my interview is on June 2nd.. have you thought anything about the presentation topic?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all HEC Paris January 2012 applicants!!! [#permalink] New post 24 May 2011, 09:01
ddu wrote:
Congrats Shubham for the invite....I too got preselected and my interview is on June 2nd.. have you thought anything about the presentation topic?

Congrats to you as well ddu :) ..
Well I just got the first email.. so am yet to ponder over this ! In fact am yet to get interviewer details !
Btw.. how long after the pre-selection email did you get the interviewer details ? And what is the time span they look at to close the interviews in ?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all HEC Paris January 2012 applicants!!! [#permalink] New post 24 May 2011, 09:06
shekharvineet wrote:
Hi..I applied in R2 for jan 2012 intake and have already been admitted. I also have admits from IESE,Esade and RSM..Thinking between IESE and HEC..Tough call

Hi Shekar,
Congrats on those bunch of admits... Good to know that you have a choice.. :)
Could you please share your interview experience for HEC ?

-shubhamb
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all HEC Paris January 2012 applicants!!! [#permalink] New post 24 May 2011, 09:08
You should get an email from them in 1-2 days giving you the details of the interviewers..you will have. A month from then to complete your interview
shubhamb wrote:
ddu wrote:

Well I just got the first email.. so am yet to ponder over this ! In fact am yet to get interviewer details !
Btw.. how long after the pre-selection email did you get the interviewer details ? And what is the time span they look at to close the interviews in ?

Posted from my mobile device Image

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all HEC Paris January 2012 applicants!!! [#permalink] New post 24 May 2011, 09:16
ddu wrote:
You should get an email from them in 1-2 days giving you the details of the interviewers..you will have. A month from then to complete your interview
shubhamb wrote:
ddu wrote:

A month ? What about the decision notification date then ? :shock:
(June 10 for R3: Is this deadline for the pre-selection notifications OR admits ?)
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all HEC Paris January 2012 applicants!!! [#permalink] New post 24 May 2011, 09:55
Shubham,
Maybe shekhar can speak regarding the final notification deadline.. in my case, I received the details of the interviewers on may 5th and I was asked to complete the interview by june 5th.. I pushed it to the last possible timeslot as you can see.. if you do end up scheduling the interview much earlier than I did, you can probably reduce the final notification timeframe
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all HEC Paris January 2012 applicants!!! [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2011, 08:05
does anyone have an idea of number of applicants with admit offers to jan 2012 program on this forum ?

regards
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all HEC Paris January 2012 applicants!!! [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2011, 11:11
shubhamb wrote:
shekharvineet wrote:

Hi Shekar,
Congrats on those bunch of admits... Good to know that you have a choice.. :)
Could you please share your interview experience for HEC ?

-shubhamb

Hi shubhamb..thanks and congrats for the interview invite.
I got a months' time to schedule both my interviews..I received the invite on March 16, 2011 and had time till April 15, 2011 to schedule both my interviews..I scheduled both my interviews for the last week of the deadline as I also had interview for IESE...I got the admit decision one week after my second interview,i.e. on April 22.
As for the interviews, it was pretty much what I had expected..he had some questions about my profile, international experience, family,mba goals, why HEC, why now and what would i bring to HEC..he also had some questions concerning my unemployment as i had given up my job to pursue mba...also, some questions were based on my presentations..I gave two different presentations...but you can give the same presentation to both the interviewers..
My first interview was conducted on phone by Phippe, mba director of admissions at HEC and second was conducted by an alumni...face to face..first interview was ok but the second interview-face to face with the alum was fabulous and i think thats really clicked in for me...Both these interviews lasted for about an hour..
Just be yourself and behonest...reseach about HEC and read some blogs what the alum had to say about the school...
Best of luck and do keep us posted..
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all HEC Paris January 2012 applicants!!! [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2011, 14:04
Hi shekharvineet,
when should one expect the admit offers for this round to go out. Adcom mentioned that the jury will be meeting on Thursday. So , do the offers go out on thursday or will one need to wait till jun 10th(friday) , the last date?
regards
Re: Calling all HEC Paris January 2012 applicants!!!   [#permalink] 08 Jun 2011, 14:04