Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 11:06

Happy Labor Day:

Free Access to New GMATClub Tests for all GMATClub Members!!


Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

IESE 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 12
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: IESE 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2012, 20:31
Did anyone who applied for Dec 5 deadline get an offer/ding yet? Or perhaps an invite for the Assessment Day?

The wait is killing me...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 May 2011
Posts: 30
Location: France
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: IESE 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2012, 14:03
I just applied to R5... This is kind of weird that noone from R4 has heard anything yet, isn't it ?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Dec 2011
Posts: 19
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: IESE 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2012, 06:33
Hi,

I am done with the IESE interview and it was a pretty decent experience. I have now been invited for the assessment day. Does everyone has to go through the Assessment Day or does this mean that the Admissions Committee is still not convinced on one's candidacy to the program?

Any insights on what happens on the Assessment Day is highly appreciated. Looks like a day long event.

Regards
Bschaspire
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 27 Jan 2010
Posts: 149
Concentration: Strategy, Other
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: Q V
WE: Business Development (Consulting)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 53

Re: IESE 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2012, 12:10
bschaspire wrote:
Hi,

I am done with the IESE interview and it was a pretty decent experience. I have now been invited for the assessment day. Does everyone has to go through the Assessment Day or does this mean that the Admissions Committee is still not convinced on one's candidacy to the program?

Any insights on what happens on the Assessment Day is highly appreciated. Looks like a day long event.

Regards
Bschaspire


(1) Fantastic! I have been admitted as well and will most probably join IESE.
(2) No - the Assessment day is not mandatory UNLESS the Admissions committee specifically TELLS you to attend it. I attended the AD because I wanted to and I was in Barca for my interview anyway! I believe that the AD is a huge opportunity to sell yourself.
(3) AD - It was really quite fun! I had a great time and did not worry about putting on my 'interview' face. There is no need to prepare beforehand. Without giving away too much (I am not sure I am allowed to reveal all the 'details') - everyone introduces themselves, you are then split into groups by the adcom to work on case studies. And then each team presents their case in front of the other candidates and adcom. That's it!

A few tips for AD -
* Think through your case well - with your team, but dont stress yourself trying to find incredible insights.
* I think it is more crucial that your team works together well, comes to a concrete decision and explains it clearly to the rest of the peeps. Presentation skill matters A LOT. Make it interesting. Dont become your old prof from undergrad who put you to sleep.
* Dont hog the stage.
* Try to stay interested in other's cases as well. You will be cold called.
* After the AD go out with your team and get your drink on! You just interviewed at a top school!

Cheers.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 19 Jan 2012
Posts: 73
Schools: Johnson '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: IESE 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2012, 18:09
Interesting thread so far. Lurked on this site for a while but had a question about these informational interviews and so on. I am applying for the Feb 13 round from the US (FL specifically) and I see they are going to be in Miami on 2/27. I am confused as to whether I can request an informational interview or if interviews are only extended after they review the application?

Thanks for any help.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 01 Jan 2011
Posts: 5
Location: Spain
Schools: IESE - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: IESE 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2012, 22:21
snipes wrote:
Interesting thread so far. Lurked on this site for a while but had a question about these informational interviews and so on. I am applying for the Feb 13 round from the US (FL specifically) and I see they are going to be in Miami on 2/27. I am confused as to whether I can request an informational interview or if interviews are only extended after they review the application?

Thanks for any help.


You can, and should ask for an informational interview. You don't need to submit your application before requesting one. Indeed, the purpose is to exchange information. The Adcom however, may or may grant one depending on their slots availability (and I think, also your resume and GMAT)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2011
Posts: 147
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: IESE 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2012, 01:15
ra011y wrote:
bschaspire wrote:
Hi,

I am done with the IESE interview and it was a pretty decent experience. I have now been invited for the assessment day. Does everyone has to go through the Assessment Day or does this mean that the Admissions Committee is still not convinced on one's candidacy to the program?

Any insights on what happens on the Assessment Day is highly appreciated. Looks like a day long event.

Regards
Bschaspire


(1) Fantastic! I have been admitted as well and will most probably join IESE.
(2) No - the Assessment day is not mandatory UNLESS the Admissions committee specifically TELLS you to attend it. I attended the AD because I wanted to and I was in Barca for my interview anyway! I believe that the AD is a huge opportunity to sell yourself.
(3) AD - It was really quite fun! I had a great time and did not worry about putting on my 'interview' face. There is no need to prepare beforehand. Without giving away too much (I am not sure I am allowed to reveal all the 'details') - everyone introduces themselves, you are then split into groups by the adcom to work on case studies. And then each team presents their case in front of the other candidates and adcom. That's it!

A few tips for AD -
* Think through your case well - with your team, but dont stress yourself trying to find incredible insights.
* I think it is more crucial that your team works together well, comes to a concrete decision and explains it clearly to the rest of the peeps. Presentation skill matters A LOT. Make it interesting. Dont become your old prof from undergrad who put you to sleep.
* Dont hog the stage.
* Try to stay interested in other's cases as well. You will be cold called.
* After the AD go out with your team and get your drink on! You just interviewed at a top school!

Cheers.



Will it be a good option of applying for the Feb 13 deadline?? Little confused here.. Can anybody give comparisons between ESADE and IESE..

Also does IESE have an option of applying for 2013 class??
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 19 Jan 2012
Posts: 73
Schools: Johnson '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: IESE 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2012, 06:36
BattleToad wrote:
snipes wrote:
Interesting thread so far. Lurked on this site for a while but had a question about these informational interviews and so on. I am applying for the Feb 13 round from the US (FL specifically) and I see they are going to be in Miami on 2/27. I am confused as to whether I can request an informational interview or if interviews are only extended after they review the application?

Thanks for any help.


You can, and should ask for an informational interview. You don't need to submit your application before requesting one. Indeed, the purpose is to exchange information. The Adcom however, may or may grant one depending on their slots availability (and I think, also your resume and GMAT)

Thanks, appreciate the info. Going to go ahead and request an informational interview then.

BattleToad--Could you estimate how many couples there are at IESE? Any info on what life is like for significant others who aren't enrolled?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 27 Jan 2010
Posts: 149
Concentration: Strategy, Other
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: Q V
WE: Business Development (Consulting)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 53

Re: IESE 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2012, 07:54
OptimusPrimea1 wrote:
Little confused here.. Can anybody give comparisons between ESADE and IESE..
You can look up all the facts and figures online. I am not going to go into that.

What I will tell you about is what I heard when I visited Barca. ESADE is quite close to IESE. The building has a nice modern look to it. Something that I heard from a few of my friends who visited ESADE and IESE is that they felt a little bit more comfortable talking to the current students at ESADE. During the IESE Open Day we talked to alumni in one of the lecture halls and talked to the current students during lunch. We had a few adcom members floating around us as we talked to them. Contrast this with ESADE where at the end of the day the prospective students went out with current students to a bar. It was a little more informal at ESADE. A combination of such qualitative factors were enough to tip the balance in favor of ESADE (for a friend of mine). I went out with a few ESADE students as well. I had an interesting time at the bar and I had a great time overall. We even went dancing!

I think your best strategy would be to visit both schools and talk to students and alumni. Only you can decide which one you like better.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 01 Jan 2011
Posts: 5
Location: Spain
Schools: IESE - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: IESE 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2012, 14:37
snipes wrote:
BattleToad wrote:
snipes wrote:
Interesting thread so far. Lurked on this site for a while but had a question about these informational interviews and so on. I am applying for the Feb 13 round from the US (FL specifically) and I see they are going to be in Miami on 2/27. I am confused as to whether I can request an informational interview or if interviews are only extended after they review the application?

Thanks for any help.


You can, and should ask for an informational interview. You don't need to submit your application before requesting one. Indeed, the purpose is to exchange information. The Adcom however, may or may grant one depending on their slots availability (and I think, also your resume and GMAT)

Thanks, appreciate the info. Going to go ahead and request an informational interview then.

BattleToad--Could you estimate how many couples there are at IESE? Any info on what life is like for significant others who aren't enrolled?


I don't have a number, but there are quite a few I know personally. My wild guess would be 3 out of 10. There is a partners club here that's quite active. PM me your email/skype and I can put you in touch with one of the couples since I can't speak from personal experience.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2011
Posts: 147
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: IESE 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2012, 01:43
ra011y wrote:
OptimusPrimea1 wrote:
Little confused here.. Can anybody give comparisons between ESADE and IESE..
You can look up all the facts and figures online. I am not going to go into that.

What I will tell you about is what I heard when I visited Barca. ESADE is quite close to IESE. The building has a nice modern look to it. Something that I heard from a few of my friends who visited ESADE and IESE is that they felt a little bit more comfortable talking to the current students at ESADE. During the IESE Open Day we talked to alumni in one of the lecture halls and talked to the current students during lunch. We had a few adcom members floating around us as we talked to them. Contrast this with ESADE where at the end of the day the prospective students went out with current students to a bar. It was a little more informal at ESADE. A combination of such qualitative factors were enough to tip the balance in favor of ESADE (for a friend of mine). I went out with a few ESADE students as well. I had an interesting time at the bar and I had a great time overall. We even went dancing!

I think your best strategy would be to visit both schools and talk to students and alumni. Only you can decide which one you like better.


And you say you got admitted to IESE:-) To be honest I wont be able to visit both the schools, leave alone one.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2011
Posts: 147
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: IESE 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2012, 02:14
OptimusPrimea1 wrote:
ra011y wrote:
OptimusPrimea1 wrote:
Little confused here.. Can anybody give comparisons between ESADE and IESE..
You can look up all the facts and figures online. I am not going to go into that.

What I will tell you about is what I heard when I visited Barca. ESADE is quite close to IESE. The building has a nice modern look to it. Something that I heard from a few of my friends who visited ESADE and IESE is that they felt a little bit more comfortable talking to the current students at ESADE. During the IESE Open Day we talked to alumni in one of the lecture halls and talked to the current students during lunch. We had a few adcom members floating around us as we talked to them. Contrast this with ESADE where at the end of the day the prospective students went out with current students to a bar. It was a little more informal at ESADE. A combination of such qualitative factors were enough to tip the balance in favor of ESADE (for a friend of mine). I went out with a few ESADE students as well. I had an interesting time at the bar and I had a great time overall. We even went dancing!

I think your best strategy would be to visit both schools and talk to students and alumni. Only you can decide which one you like better.


And you say you got admitted to IESE:-) To be honest I wont be able to visit both the schools, leave alone one.


Also what will be a good GMAT score to apply to both schools, mention the lower side as well..As everybody says are ESADE and IESE more localized Spanish schools or do they have a strong global presence like an Insead or LBS or HEC..

What are your views on IE then??Would love to know your perspective on IE as well..
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 27 Jan 2010
Posts: 149
Concentration: Strategy, Other
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: Q V
WE: Business Development (Consulting)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 53

Re: IESE 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2012, 07:38
OptimusPrimea1 wrote:
Also what will be a good GMAT score to apply to both schools, mention the lower side as well..
Get at-least the average GMAT score that is listed on the MBA website with an equal/proper split in both quant and verbal. Anything more doesn't necessarily hurt your application, but doesn't help you too much either. But anything less might very well hurt your candidacy. Obviously people have been admitted with much lesser scores, but are you willing to risk it?
OptimusPrimea1 wrote:
As everybody says are ESADE and IESE more localized Spanish schools or do they have a strong global presence like an Insead or LBS or HEC..
Maybe a current student can answer this question better. From my perspective, IESE has a pretty good brand name in Europe and Latam. Not so much in NA and Asia, although they are working very hard to promote the name. You should be choosing your school with a keen eye towards the geographic location you eventually want to work in.
OptimusPrimea1 wrote:
What are your views on IE then??Would love to know your perspective on IE as well..
IE is a really good school. I was initially considering applying to IE but eventually decided against it because the MBA course is a 13 month program with heavy emphasis on entrepreneurship. And for various other reasons IESE just seemed to better fit my goals. Try posting this question in the IE thread - you might get more detailed responses.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2011
Posts: 147
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: IESE 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2012, 09:47
ra011y wrote:
OptimusPrimea1 wrote:
Also what will be a good GMAT score to apply to both schools, mention the lower side as well..
Get at-least the average GMAT score that is listed on the MBA website with an equal/proper split in both quant and verbal. Anything more doesn't necessarily hurt your application, but doesn't help you too much either. But anything less might very well hurt your candidacy. Obviously people have been admitted with much lesser scores, but are you willing to risk it?
OptimusPrimea1 wrote:
As everybody says are ESADE and IESE more localized Spanish schools or do they have a strong global presence like an Insead or LBS or HEC..
Maybe a current student can answer this question better. From my perspective, IESE has a pretty good brand name in Europe and Latam. Not so much in NA and Asia, although they are working very hard to promote the name. You should be choosing your school with a keen eye towards the geographic location you eventually want to work in.
OptimusPrimea1 wrote:
What are your views on IE then??Would love to know your perspective on IE as well..
IE is a really good school. I was initially considering applying to IE but eventually decided against it because the MBA course is a 13 month program with heavy emphasis on entrepreneurship. And for various other reasons IESE just seemed to better fit my goals. Try posting this question in the IE thread - you might get more detailed responses.


Thanks rally,

Can you share your profile please??
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Dec 2010
Posts: 32
Location: United Kingdom
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: IESE 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2012, 12:46
Congrats to all who already made it. I am looking to apply in 12th Mar'12 round but not sure if that is too late to apply? Like many other schools which have only 3 rounds of admission do not advise to apply on R3, I am wondering whether it's a similar case for IESE? Also can anyone tell how long does it take to get final decision after deadline?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 1
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
Schools: Darden '14 (S), IESE
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: IESE 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2012, 03:55
Hi,

Anyone here who got interview and assessment day invite for 16/17 march at singapore?

Cheers
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 25 Dec 2010
Posts: 86
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 2

Re: IESE 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2012, 20:15
I am striving to meet the Feb 13th deadline as well. I got the initial assessment done on my profile and they encouraged me to apply for this round.
However , i am not sure whether i need to submit the official GMAT score through Pearson, Can someone please guide ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 25 Jul 2011
Posts: 298
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 134 [0], given: 286

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: IESE 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2012, 08:25
shashankp27 wrote:
I am striving to meet the Feb 13th deadline as well. I got the initial assessment done on my profile and they encouraged me to apply for this round.
However , i am not sure whether i need to submit the official GMAT score through Pearson, Can someone please guide ?

I'm not sure. Why don't you shoot off an email to the adcom, or give them a ring.
_________________

Net Impact's BUSINESS AS UNUSUAL Guide - a must-read!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 Jan 2012
Posts: 23
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Yale SOM - Class of 2015
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 19 [1] , given: 2

Re: IESE 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2012, 09:55
1
This post received
KUDOS
Got my admit today...... I'm in for the IESE Class of 2014 !!!!!!!!

Yahoooo :D :D :D
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 May 2011
Posts: 30
Location: France
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: IESE 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2012, 10:24
maxkrewl wrote:
Got my admit today...... I'm in for the IESE Class of 2014 !!!!!!!!

Yahoooo :D :D :D


Congrats !! Did you apply during R4 ? How long did it take between AD and decision ?

Is anyone going to the open day and assessment day on 17 and 18 February ?
Re: IESE 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 08 Feb 2012, 10:24
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
3 Experts publish their posts in the topic IESE 2014 Calling all applicants! souvik101990 61 25 Apr 2013, 08:11
2 IESE 2012 - Calling All Applicants ra011y 126 07 Jun 2011, 21:36
3 Experts publish their posts in the topic IESE 2013-Calling All Applicants souvik101990 108 23 Oct 2012, 00:16
4 Calling All IESE 2011 Applicants!! w103psp 184 04 Sep 2010, 09:24
Display posts from previous: Sort by

IESE 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 127 posts ] 



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.