Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:52 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q46 V30
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V37
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 195 [0]
Given Kudos: 197
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.8
WE:Operations (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.32
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]
Hey,,

I agree that the decision date is 10th Oct, but was thinking shortlisted people may be notified as they pass the threshold rather than one day announcement.

Happy to wait for 1 more week though :) ..

Hi Aniruddh,

Thanks for your offer. If I get shortlisted, I will surely get in touch with you for your insights.

Thanks,
NS
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]
Hi Anirudh,

My application status says,'regret to provide opportunity for round 1 ,and will be considered for round2.' Would that mean wait listed? Is there any hope of getting an interview call after round 2 for such cases?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All,

I just logged into the portal. It shows that I have received invite for an interview.

I am yet to receive official communication about interview dates in email and essay topics.

Has anyone received essay topics.

Thanks,
NS
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 190
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.68
Send PM
nsusername wrote:
Hi All,

I just logged into the portal. It shows that I have received invite for an interview.

I am yet to receive official communication about interview dates in email and essay topics.

Has anyone received essay topics.

Thanks,
NS

Just got selected for interview as well and just as you said, no dates or essay topics. They just want some documents to be sent to them and said to hold on for further communication. I hear IIM-A takes their time with the process. So best to sit tight and keep our fingers crossed. :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 195 [0]
Given Kudos: 197
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.8
WE:Operations (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
I do not have an interview opportunity. The portal says that they may consider for round 2 If I wish to re-apply for round 2. Not sure if this is waitlisted or turned down. Whatever it is, for round 1 I have been turned down which is ok because in spite of a strong profile my GMAT score is pedestrian. I am anyway re-taking GMAT on 19October.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
I am shortlisted for the Personal Interview and would be heading to Newark, US probably early November. I think Interviews at US will happen after Ahmedabad. I am still waiting to hear about Essay topics & Dates, but looking forward to the journey!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: IIMA (II) IIMC
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Got shortlisted for personal interview and like others, havent recvd any email from IIM A yet.

Anuriddh- would need guidance from you and your batchmates for the interview and SOP.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
i have got a call to IIM-A. they are asking to send some documents.
a) gmat score sheet
b) resume
c) photo
d) all the scanned copy of document.
did everyone was asked for the same documents. and do we have to send the gmat score sheet officially or just sending the pdf will be fine. scan should be in jpeg format or pdf format
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE:Account Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hey,

I too am shortlisted for personal interviews. Very interested to know the process. Anyone have any idea?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3
Send PM
I need to inquire about admission deferment policy of IIMs. For some reason I may not be able to pursue the course in 2017. Can admission granted for 2017 be deferred for one year ? Please share any experience regarding this.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE:Account Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
image wrote:
I need to inquire about admission deferment policy of IIMs. For some reason I may not be able to pursue the course in 2017. Can admission granted for 2017 be deferred for one year ? Please share any experience regarding this.

Yes. Defferal is possible. Check Section 6.7 in the FAQ. https://www.iimahd.ernet.in/programmes/pgpx/faq.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [7]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
IIMA PGPX Interview tips

Hi friends, I have been receiving quite a few requests for help with interview prep. Sharing some of them here in the interest of the greater good. Interview experiences are very different and it is difficult to predict how an individual's interview will go. However, it is good to go in with some preparation and a lot of confidence. So, here goes.....

- Procedures and process:

a. Before the interview: You'll be asked to write one essay or two (I dont remember, not relevant because it could change from year to year). Some profs would have read these documents and some would not have. Choose a location of your preference.

b. During the interview: I will not talk about the logistics but of what happened during interview (at least in our batch). You walk in, profs give you a topic and ask you to prepare for a couple of minutes and then give an extempore for around 5 mins (may or may not ask questions). Then follows the regular MBA interview of going through the resume, future aspirations, knowledge about the industry and so on.

- Is there any preference for a venue ?

There is no edge at all as far as I know, the profs really dont see any such difference. However, it would be a good experience for you to visit the campus and understand the program better (to a small extent). You could also get to meet some of the participants as well if we are available.

- What kind of things panel would like to see in me.

The panel likes to see the same things in all participants as far as i understand:

a. Good conversationalist

b. Hold clear views on any topic and able to articulate them well. c. Show aspects of learnability and not require much spoonfeeding. This is a very independent institution when it comes to learning

d. Explain achievements (and not roles and responsbilities) without becoming too pompous

e. Not being argumentative and confrontationalist.

- Any tip that worked for you in winning panel heart.

a. Portray your profile uniquely. Show aspects of leadership (not defined by being team lead or manager or any other titular responsibility)

b. Take hints from the panel when they offer it to you.

c. Do not be negative, angry, loud or low spirited even if the panel puts you down. Some profs may try methods of stress testing but that is really to ensure that they do not get bored (think about it, they would be interviewing applicants from the morning so may be looking for some fun some time in between). Most of them are sweethearts and in campus are extremely approachable and willing to help.

d. You will meet a lot of dickheads in interviews who act as if their profiles and resumes alone will ensure they get a seat. I have seen enough of such people being chased out of these interviews because their attitude sucked. During the interviews, dont get overawed by anyone thinking their profiles are better than yours.
e. Most of us had no clue as to whether we would get in or not. It is very hard to guess, so dont waste any time doing it. If you are good and have performed well in the interview, forget about the results till you actually get them.
f. One tip is to understand who will be the profs in your panel (especially if you arrive well before your interview time, they would have allocated panel numbers to you and you would get a chance to see who the profs are in that panel but wont know their name obviously). Take a look at the faculty profile at the link below (some profs have pictures in their profile) and figure out which areas these profs are from and try to steer your way accordingly in the interview. In my panel, I had an economics prof and an ops management prof. The ops prof totally fell in love with me because I had worked with Toyota and in Japan as well for them, and I mentioned a lot of economic history (the impact of the way the British East indian company conducted their business in India). This gives you a bit of confidence which shouldnt be portrayed as overconfidence though. https://www.iimahd.ernet.in/faculty-and- ... ofile.html

Extempore topics:
1. Do Governments trust enterpreneurs ? (my topic)
2. Toilets are the new temples.
3. Define India
4. Pen is mightier than the sword.
5. Reservation in public jobs.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Removing the sheet I had uploaded here as there might be a conflict of interest with the PGPX office. would be better to contact them directly, they are very very responsive.

Originally posted by aniruddhams on 15 Oct 2016, 01:45.
Last edited by aniruddhams on 15 Oct 2016, 06:29, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 190
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.68
Send PM
aniruddhams wrote:
IIMA PGPX Interview tips

Hi friends, I have been receiving quite a few requests for help with interview prep. Sharing some of them here in the interest of the greater good. Interview experiences are very different and it is difficult to predict how an individual's interview will go. However, it is good to go in with some preparation and a lot of confidence. So, here goes.....

a. Before the interview: You'll be asked to write one essay or two (I dont remember, not relevant because it could change from year to year). Some profs would have read these documents and some would not have. Choose a location of your preference.

b. During the interview: I will not talk about the logistics but of what happened during interview (at least in our batch). You walk in, profs give you a topic and ask you to prepare for a couple of minutes and then give an extempore for around 5 mins (may or may not ask questions). Then follows the regular MBA interview of going through the resume, future aspirations, knowledge about the industry and so on.

There is no edge at all as far as I know, the profs really dont see any such difference. However, it would be a good experience for you to visit the campus and understand the program better (to a small extent). You could also get to meet some of the participants as well if we are available.

The panel likes to see the same things in all participants as far as i understand:

b. Hold clear views on any topic and able to articulate them well. c. Show aspects of learnability and not require much spoonfeeding. This is a very independent institution when it comes to learning

d. Explain achievements (and not roles and responsbilities) without becoming too pompous

a. Portray your profile uniquely. Show aspects of leadership (not defined by being team lead or manager or any other titular responsibility)

c. Do not be negative, angry, loud or low spirited even if the panel puts you down. Some profs may try methods of stress testing but that is really to ensure that they do not get bored (think about it, they would be interviewing applicants from the morning so may be looking for some fun some time in between). Most of them are sweethearts and in campus are extremely approachable and willing to help.

d. You will meet a lot of dickheads in interviews who act as if their profiles and resumes alone will ensure they get a seat. I have seen enough of such people being chased out of these interviews because their attitude sucked. During the interviews, dont get overawed by anyone thinking their profiles are better than yours.
e. Most of us had no clue as to whether we would get in or not. It is very hard to guess, so dont waste any time doing it. If you are good and have performed well in the interview, forget about the results till you actually get them.
f. One tip is to understand who will be the profs in your panel (especially if you arrive well before your interview time, they would have allocated panel numbers to you and you would get a chance to see who the profs are in that panel but wont know their name obviously). Take a look at the faculty profile at the link below (some profs have pictures in their profile) and figure out which areas these profs are from and try to steer your way accordingly in the interview. In my panel, I had an economics prof and an ops management prof. The ops prof totally fell in love with me because I had worked with Toyota and in Japan as well for them, and I mentioned a lot of economic history (the impact of the way the British East indian company conducted their business in India). This gives you a bit of confidence which shouldnt be portrayed as overconfidence though. https://www.iimahd.ernet.in/faculty-and- ... ofile.html

Extempore topics:
3. Define India

Excellent advice! Thank you so much.! This is so helpful. Kudos to you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: IIMA (II) IIMC
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
aniruddhams wrote:
IIMA PGPX Interview tips

Extempore topics:
3. Define India

Thank You Anirudh for the inputs!

Are the extempore topics alllocated to the candidate by the panel or is the candidate free to choose one?

Regds,
Sanghamitra
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
Send PM
image wrote:

Quite a few people end up deferring as the average age is high. First you will need to reach out to the PGPX adcom and explain the reasons for defferal. They internally review the case and decide if a deferral can be granted. You will have to pay a certain amount of fees (2 rounds). They will send you a note offering you an admit for the next year. You cannot defer the next years admit. The fees to be paid will be as per the next years schedule. The money that you have paid will be adjusted to the next years fees. Its quite a smooth process and the adcom is very helpful. You could send me a private message if you need more information.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Essay topics are out. Hope all the shortlisted candidates got email. We are given 10 days to submit.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts