Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:32 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 690 Q51 V31
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Calcutta PGPEX Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Can we initiate referee mail request from your application portal, So we don't have to wait for the whole application to be completed before the referee can start.
If yes, then
How to initiate referee mail ? I have saved the details of two referees . There is no button to initate the mail to referees . Can't we send the referral links to referees before submitting the final appliation with paymen?? Can you please let me know what to do next ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 711 [0]
Given Kudos: 84
Schools: IIMC (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 2.6
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Calcutta PGPEX Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Top Contributor
alokspa wrote:
Hello

This is Alok
Indian
My life can be divided into 2 parts pre 2010 & post 2010

post 2010
GMAT 750(Q51 V39)
Total 6.5 years exp --> 4.5 years at job + 2 years entrepreneurship (Coaching Institute)
Currently working as Senior Design Engineer (Domain expert in metro trains & High speed trains) (R&D of automobile & transportation products)

Pre 2010
But my past is not that great
10th - 84%
12th - 49%
BTECH - 6.3 CGPA in Mechanical

Apart from this I have worked for relief flood victim in 2005, 2014 & 2015 ( we are a group of friends & some locals)
I have won awards in singing, Cricket, Badminton
I work for 2 NGOs (one for blind child & another for children education)
I have won at least 12 awards during my job
I have some designs which are now implemented metro trains in India
Also some patents I have as a team
Have experience in B2B sales with success rate of 100% (1/1)

How should I rate my chance of getting admission to any of these courses
IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2018!
IIM Bangalore EPGP 9 Aspirants (Class of 2017 - 18)
IIM Calcutta PGPEX Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2018

Regards
Alok

Dear Alok,

Thanks for reaching out. You have good work experience, valuable extra-curricular activities and a very good GMAT score. You can be a good potential candidate for IIM Calcutta PGPEX. The only problem I see is your 12th marks. You need to portray your work experience and extra-curricular activities well to compensate for the 12th and B-Tech marks.

Cheers
Umang
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
SohamDutta wrote:
Hello all prospective applicants. I am a current student of IIM C PGPEX and would be glad to answer any questions regarding the program that you might have !!

Hello Soham,

Need some advise from you on the below queries:

1. the website mentions 5 yrs work experience as on March, 31st, 2017. However, I will fall short by 1.5 months in terms of work experience. Will this be fine?
2. I gave GMAT and scored 640. Is this score sufficient for application.

Regards.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello aspirants,
The date for the second webinar is out now. Registration link to be sent soon.
Attachments

Invitation forWebinar II.jpg
Invitation forWebinar II.jpg [ 997.17 KiB | Viewed 3550 times ]

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Hi,

Below is my profile:
Nationality: Indian
GMAT: 670
WE: 6yr 2 months by oct end. out of which 4 years in Adobe India
No international on site experience but have worked with global teams.
No exceptional growth record or awards.
no extra curricular activities except volunteering at CSR events.

What are my chance to IIM C PGPEX?
Is enough time left to prepare application? Any reference of how to quickly and effectively make a good application for IIM C?

Thanks,
Rajesh
Intern
Intern
Send PM
aim780 wrote:
Hi,

Below is my profile:

Is enough time left to prepare application? Any reference of how to quickly and effectively make a good application for IIM C?

Thanks,
Rajesh

Dear Rajesh,
I would encourage you to apply. The lack of international experience and extra curricular achievements is compensated by your CSR work exp. Moreover you have a balanced profile with a healthy work exp but average GMAT. Since GMAT isn't the sole criteria of selection you could maximse your chances of conversion by a good interview round.

The deadline is still 20 days away, so I would recommend you to polish your essays so that they convey your aspirations and present work exp in a crisp and clear manner. For more information you could register for the second webinar below. Hope it helps!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hurry up!! Just 1 days left for webinar 2.0. Register below

https://www.iimcal.ac.in/programs/pgpex/admissions/pgpex-webinar
Attachments

14570544_1372130842800637_8618970280946250117_o.jpg
14570544_1372130842800637_8618970280946250117_o.jpg [ 206.52 KiB | Viewed 3442 times ]

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
Hi,

I am planning to apply to IIMC this year. However, the website says 5 years of work experience as on 31st Mar, 2017. However, i am short of 1 month work experience. (I will be completing 5 years in May, 2017). Please advise, if i should apply. I gave GMAT and scored 640. Also, it will be a great help, if you can help me connect to someone in the adcom, since I am unable to reach them.

Regards.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
RajdeepPaul wrote:
aim780 wrote:
Hi,

Below is my profile:

Thanks,
Rajesh

Dear Rajesh,
I would encourage you to apply. The lack of international experience and extra curricular achievements is compensated by your CSR work exp. Moreover you have a balanced profile with a healthy work exp but average GMAT. Since GMAT isn't the sole criteria of selection you could maximse your chances of conversion by a good interview round.

The deadline is still 20 days away, so I would recommend you to polish your essays so that they convey your aspirations and present work exp in a crisp and clear manner. For more information you could register for the second webinar below. Hope it helps!

Thanks Rajdeep,
I am not able to find list of essays on IIM C website. Can you help in this case? Also is there any pointers/tips for writing essays ?

-Rajesh
Intern
Intern
Send PM
1988achilles wrote:
Hi,

I am planning to apply to IIMC this year. However, the website says 5 years of work experience as on 31st Mar, 2017. However, i am short of 1 month work experience. (I will be completing 5 years in May, 2017). Please advise, if i should apply. I gave GMAT and scored 640. Also, it will be a great help, if you can help me connect to someone in the adcom, since I am unable to reach them.

Regards.

Hi, I'm sorry to say that in that case you aren't eligible to apply this year. I'd advise you to retake the GMAT and apply with a stronger profile next year.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
aim780 wrote:
RajdeepPaul wrote:
aim780 wrote:
Hi,

Below is my profile:

Thanks,
Rajesh

Dear Rajesh,

Thanks Rajdeep,
I am not able to find list of essays on IIM C website. Can you help in this case? Also is there any pointers/tips for writing essays ?

-Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,
Don't worry! By essay I meant your application SOP.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Oh!!
Thanks Rajdeep.
Any IIM C specific tips or pointer for SoP? Any do's or don't?

-Rajesh
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi I m in the process of applying for PGPEX in IIM C

My profile details
GMaT Score- 70
Work Exp- 83 months( by Mar 2017)
Education- Mtech IIT KGP (CGP- 9.4)
BTEch (CGP-8.62)
Class Xii-76
Class X 88.2

I need advice from you on how to proceed with the SOP... What are the key pointers that the IIM C looks out for. Also how to deal with the additional essay the Admission process asks for.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi I m in the process of applying for PGPEX in IIM C

My profile details
GMaT Score- 710
Work Exp- 83 months( by Mar 2017)
Education- Mtech IIT KGP (CGP- 9.4)
BTEch (CGP-8.62)
Class Xii-76
Class X 88.2

I need advice from you on how to proceed with the SOP... What are the key pointers that the IIM C looks out for. Also how to deal with the additional essay the Admission process asks for.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Hello everybody,

My profile as follows

10th- 92 %
12th- 88%

B.Tech- CGPA 5.9/10 (Mumbai university)

GMAT- 660

Work ex- 6.5 years with a leading manufacturing company split into

1 yr- Quality assurance- Won an award on national level for my project
3 yrs- Logistics, production planning
2.5 yrs (Present function)- Commercial counterpart for R&D projects which includes product costing, project budgeting, cost
controlling etc.

International exp- Well, being in manufacturing setup, on-site work is absent. However, in my current function, I work primarily with international colleagues, I am not very sure whether this can be counted as international exp.

Extra currics- Decent..nothing extra ordinary

Request the seniors to comment on my profile standing a chance for IIM C
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 55
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 4
Send PM
Dear PGPEX alums,
I have a question regarding 2017-18 SOP- it mentions that "Please write in 300 to 500 words or upload a file below" - Does this mean the I can upload a file having more than 500 words or is the word limit for file as well ?

Second question is - Do I need to write SOP in the order of question asked, like objective first, then achievement and then goal -- or can it be in order I want to convey ?

Appreciate your quick response.

Thanks
Manish Mrigank
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Concentration: International Business, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V32
GMAT 2: 670 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.89
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hello Threadmasters !
Appreciate your efforts for providing a platform for aspirants to ask their queries.

I am 29 Indian Female working for an Indian IT company with 7 years of experience. I am currently working for an insurance major in North America as a part of an assignment as IT Business Analyst. I additionally have another year of international work experience in a similar role for a banking client. I have a not so stellar GMAT score of 670 - Q49 V 33 and my long term goals are getting into either consulting or strategy.
So, basically I belong to the traditional IT pool category with a low GMAT score .

Do I stand a chance ? Considering the close deadline, I cant go for a retake , however I do intend a retake of the GMAT by Nov end.

Kindly suggest.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts