Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 13:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

In/Dinged/WL ? (For fall 2010 applicants only)

  • 91% [32]
  • 2% [1]
  • 5% [2]
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2009
Posts: 7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2010, 10:53
I am also up for the KEW...Who is coordinating the carpool? :)

Cheers.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Nov 2009
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2010, 17:21
Anyone accepted to and pursing a joint degree between Kelley and another IU school?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Mar 2010
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2010, 16:55
Any round 3 or 4 applicants?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 29 Jul 2009
Posts: 169
Location: Indiana
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2010, 07:22
a couple of quick questions -

1) are interviews blind?
2) who does the on-campus interview? adcom or current students?
3) what questions have been seen?

ty
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Posts: 26
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2010, 12:00
Hi all! I think that the carpool is leaving from the airport early. I arrive at 12:50pm. I'm praying that it gets there a bit earlier so I can make the 12:40pm Bloomington shuttle. If anyone is considering the shuttle, take a look at the link below. It looks reasonable and practical.

http://www.bloomingtonshuttle.com/airport.html
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Mar 2010
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2010, 13:32
niraja wrote:
a couple of quick questions -

1) are interviews blind?
2) who does the on-campus interview? adcom or current students?
3) what questions have been seen?

ty


I am guessing you are an R-3 or 4 applicant.
interviews are usually done by adcom on the campus. There are questions such as why MBA , why us , why now, examples of leadership and team work , and short term and long term career goals.

when is your interview any way ? please share your profile if you dont mind

Good luck
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2010, 15:12
I was admitted but didn't receive any money. So now I'm deciding between going to BU part time and having my work pay for the bulk or heading to Kelley and dealing with the associated debt. Decisions, decisions...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Mar 2010
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2010, 19:32
Dont let circumstances change your plans.
You know which you prefer. probably your answer to the essay asking for the short term and long term career plans post MBA
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 29 Jul 2009
Posts: 169
Location: Indiana
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2010, 05:58
planCB4B wrote:
niraja wrote:
a couple of quick questions -

1) are interviews blind?
2) who does the on-campus interview? adcom or current students?
3) what questions have been seen?

ty


I am guessing you are an R-3 or 4 applicant.
interviews are usually done by adcom on the campus. There are questions such as why MBA , why us , why now, examples of leadership and team work , and short term and long term career goals.

when is your interview any way ? please share your profile if you dont mind

Good luck


Thanks CB4B! Yep, I applied recently and just got my invite yesterday. I scheduled it for Friday so hoping office deliverables don't pile up between now and then. I don't know if my profile will help on a public forum, but I have Indian citizenship, based in the US for a number of years now so have done my undergrad here, decent academics and ECs, finance/accounting background.

Cheers!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2010
Posts: 190
Location: Ohio
Schools: Indiana Kelley/Class of 2012/Full tuition $$
WE 1: Healthcare/Biomedical Research
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2010, 06:35
niceguy22 wrote:
Hi all! I think that the carpool is leaving from the airport early. I arrive at 12:50pm. I'm praying that it gets there a bit earlier so I can make the 12:40pm Bloomington shuttle. If anyone is considering the shuttle, take a look at the link below. It looks reasonable and practical.

http://www.bloomingtonshuttle.com/airport.html

I arrive at 12.40. Doubt that I'd make it tho.
andy2010 wrote:
I am also up for the KEW...Who is coordinating the carpool? :) Cheers.

andy2010, I was putting it together. The below was my last update. Whatz your ETA so I can update the list...
Case2010 wrote:
So far, the count of confirmed KEW attendees on this forum (for carpooling purposes) is as follows:

orky56: taking a redeye and will arrive super early on Friday morning and will pick up a rental car around 6am
tcha5782: ETA yet to be updated
EmElleDub: Friday late morning/early afternoon and leaving Sunday afternoon
acf917:ETA yet to be updated
cornflakes:ETA yet to be updated
my humble self: Arriving in Indy Fri around 1PM and departing Sun around 3PM

I will add updates as they flow in so that if we choose to, we can minimize the number of rentals cars(and our KEW carbon imprint :lol: ). I am fine with jumping into a car with a couple of you awesome fellas from Indy to IU...

_________________

Leadership is not really about telling people what to do — a strategy that doesn't always work. It's about creating an environment where people can speak up, where we can get into debates without becoming confrontational or negative. [It's] about getting people to bring all of themselves to the table." - DuPont CEO Ellen Kullman; Kellogg '83

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2010, 14:39
Hi all!

I tried posting this question on the main page, but didn't get any response.

Long story short, I am applying to IU and Purdue by the final deadline for this coming Fall. I went to an interview at IU several weeks ago, but didn't have time for lunch or a tour with the current students. Does anyone know if admissions keeps a record of who has / hasn't visited? Do the students who take you on a tour write a "report" to give to admissions? Any impact on my application? I am busy with work and would rather not take a day off. Any input from current Kelley students would be great. Thanks in advance.

Congrats to those of you that are in. I grew up in Bloomington - you'll love it!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2009
Posts: 7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2010, 10:04
Case2010,

I arrive Indianapolis on Friday at 8 40 AM...assume 9 30 AM considering usual flight delays.

Cheers.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 25 Mar 2010
Posts: 12
Location: Sofia [BG]
Schools: Columbia EA [ding], MIT R1 [ding after deferral], Duke R2 [WL then ding w. interview], Ross R2 [admit], Georgetown R1 [WL, withdraw], Kelley R1 [admit, $$], Simon R1 [admit, $]
WE 1: 2 years Finance
WE 2: 2 years IT (undergrad)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2010, 11:59
R1 applicant, admitted with an assistantship offer!

Profile: top of my graduate Finance class, scholarship for merit and strong recommendations from my program director.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2010
Posts: 190
Location: Ohio
Schools: Indiana Kelley/Class of 2012/Full tuition $$
WE 1: Healthcare/Biomedical Research
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2010, 12:48
oldschool83 wrote:
Profile: top of my graduate Finance class

Congrats!! So do you already have a graduate degree in finance?
_________________

Leadership is not really about telling people what to do — a strategy that doesn't always work. It's about creating an environment where people can speak up, where we can get into debates without becoming confrontational or negative. [It's] about getting people to bring all of themselves to the table." - DuPont CEO Ellen Kullman; Kellogg '83

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2010
Posts: 190
Location: Ohio
Schools: Indiana Kelley/Class of 2012/Full tuition $$
WE 1: Healthcare/Biomedical Research
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2010, 12:50
Updated list: Confirmed KEW attendees on this forum (for carpooling purposes):

orky56: taking a redeye and will arrive super early on Friday morning and will pick up a rental car around 6am
tcha5782: ETA yet to be updated
EmElleDub: Friday late morning/early afternoon and leaving Sunday afternoon
acf917: said he's got friends :wall
cornflakes:ETA yet to be updated
my humble self: Arriving in Indy Fri around 12.40PM and departing Sun around 3PM
undecided2012: arriving late morning on Friday and leaving in the late afternoon on Sunday
niceguy22: ETA yet to be updated
andy2010: will touch down at "Indianapolis on Friday at 8 40 AM...assume 9 30 AM considering usual flight delays"

I will add updates as they flow in so that if we choose to, we can minimize the number of rentals cars (and our KEW carbon footprint...
_________________

Leadership is not really about telling people what to do — a strategy that doesn't always work. It's about creating an environment where people can speak up, where we can get into debates without becoming confrontational or negative. [It's] about getting people to bring all of themselves to the table." - DuPont CEO Ellen Kullman; Kellogg '83

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 25 Mar 2010
Posts: 12
Location: Sofia [BG]
Schools: Columbia EA [ding], MIT R1 [ding after deferral], Duke R2 [WL then ding w. interview], Ross R2 [admit], Georgetown R1 [WL, withdraw], Kelley R1 [admit, $$], Simon R1 [admit, $]
WE 1: 2 years Finance
WE 2: 2 years IT (undergrad)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2010, 12:52
Case2010 wrote:
oldschool83 wrote:
Profile: top of my graduate Finance class

Congrats!! So do you already have a graduate degree in finance?


Should be graduating this summer. Apparently Kelley didn't mind admitting me after I explained them my goals in more detail.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2010
Posts: 190
Location: Ohio
Schools: Indiana Kelley/Class of 2012/Full tuition $$
WE 1: Healthcare/Biomedical Research
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2010, 12:58
oldschool83 wrote:
Case2010 wrote:
oldschool83 wrote:
Profile: top of my graduate Finance class

Congrats!! So do you already have a graduate degree in finance?


Should be graduating this summer. Apparently Kelley didn't mind admitting me after I explained them my goals in more detail.

Wow, very interesting. So will your MBA be finance-focused or are you one of us "career changers" :lol:
_________________

Leadership is not really about telling people what to do — a strategy that doesn't always work. It's about creating an environment where people can speak up, where we can get into debates without becoming confrontational or negative. [It's] about getting people to bring all of themselves to the table." - DuPont CEO Ellen Kullman; Kellogg '83

Intern
Intern
avatar
Affiliations: GLOBASE Leadership Team Member (Global Business, Social Enterprise)
Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 25
Location: Bloomington, IN
WE 1: 4 years, nonprofit administration
WE 2: Internship: Cummins, Inc.
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2010, 13:23
Case2010 wrote:
Updated list: Confirmed KEW attendees on this forum (for carpooling purposes):
tcha5782: ETA yet to be updated


Sorry all,
Thought I responded. I'm actually flying in on Thursday to give myself some more time. Once I leave on Sunday I've only got one week to decide between schools and figure out housing before I fly to Georgia to hike a major portion of the Appalachian Trail. Doesn't sound like anyone else is flying on Thursday; however, if anyone who takes a shuttle is interested in carpooling on the way back to the airport let me know.

The IU admitted students forum isn't listing too many student comments regarding housing (although lots of people are reporting their plans to look during KEW). If anybody is thinking about trying to find a roommate, let me know. I think a good roommate situation is a better overall experience (plus $$ savings) than living alone. I'm excited to explore the area, socialize, throw the occasional dinner party, and study and work hard, and am reasonably clean and willing to contribute to upkeep. Only issue is that I have a cat, although she's really mellow and I brush her (and trim her claws) regularly.

Tim
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Mar 2010
Posts: 8
Location: Boston
Schools: Kelley
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2010, 17:26
tcha5782 wrote:
Case2010 wrote:
Updated list: Confirmed KEW attendees on this forum (for carpooling purposes):
tcha5782: ETA yet to be updated


Sorry all,
Thought I responded. I'm actually flying in on Thursday to give myself some more time. Once I leave on Sunday I've only got one week to decide between schools and figure out housing before I fly to Georgia to hike a major portion of the Appalachian Trail. Doesn't sound like anyone else is flying on Thursday; however, if anyone who takes a shuttle is interested in carpooling on the way back to the airport let me know.

The IU admitted students forum isn't listing too many student comments regarding housing (although lots of people are reporting their plans to look during KEW). If anybody is thinking about trying to find a roommate, let me know. I think a good roommate situation is a better overall experience (plus $$ savings) than living alone. I'm excited to explore the area, socialize, throw the occasional dinner party, and study and work hard, and am reasonably clean and willing to contribute to upkeep. Only issue is that I have a cat, although she's really mellow and I brush her (and trim her claws) regularly.

Tim


I'm flying in Thu - what flight/time?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Affiliations: GLOBASE Leadership Team Member (Global Business, Social Enterprise)
Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 25
Location: Bloomington, IN
WE 1: 4 years, nonprofit administration
WE 2: Internship: Cummins, Inc.
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2010, 17:29
acf917 wrote:

I'm flying in Thu - what flight/time?


Arrive in Indianapolis at 1250PM, already reserved a car.

If you're interested in looking at any properties that afternoon or checking out a restaurant/bar let me know. PM me and I'll give you my cell #.

Tim
Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants   [#permalink] 03 Apr 2010, 17:29
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
2 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants kdkull 182 10 Nov 2009, 14:59
Experts publish their posts in the topic Kelley (Indiana) MSIS 2013 - Calling all applicants souvik101990 0 15 Feb 2013, 07:15
46 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Kelley (Indiana) 2013 Applicants! souvik101990 201 05 Oct 2012, 10:23
1 Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2009 Applicants Dell876 25 11 Dec 2008, 11:25
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10    Next  [ 183 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.