Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 07:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

In/Dinged/WL ? (For fall 2010 applicants only)

• 91% [32]
  • 2% [1]
  • 5% [2]
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2010, 16:49
Sgups wrote:
Hello everyone,

Can anyone please tell me what happens if you pay your enrollment deposit and then decide not to attend in the Fall? Is it possible to withdraw your enrollment after paying your deposit?

Hi Sgups,
If you pay and then decide not to attend, you loose your money. I think that for Kelley it is about $500, and you have time until May 01.
Yes, it is possible to withdraw your enrollment, but, again, there is no money back.
Hope this helps! :)
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2010, 13:12
Anything new here?
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2010, 06:50
GoalsSetHigh wrote:
Anything new here?

I take this as a no.... :-D
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 May 2010, 12:45
Couple questions guys:

I applied to Kelley R4, was invited to interview pretty quick and interviewed on campus not too long ago, and now I'm just waiting on the admissions committee! The visit was great, the students who showed us around were extremely helpful, and the facilities were tremendous.

Couple questions for you admits/applicants:
Did everyone find out they were accepted via email? Did anyone JUST get a packet in the mail without an email? Did anyone receive a phone call?

Also it looks like the decisions were all sent out on a Friday, did anyone get their decision on a day other than Friday?

It also looks like everyone got their decision about 4 weeks after their interview, right? Is that right?

They told us that decisions would be made for R4 applicants in late May (this is also noted on the website), but this waiting period is killing me!

Thanks for any input you can provide!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 May 2010, 13:29
I got my decision via email, and I'm pretty sure it was mid-week but I might be wrong about that.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 May 2010, 13:38
One last silly question, did they send the email at a specific time? Were all emails sent during work hours, morning, evening etc?

Most likely irrelevant, but I've been carrying my phone (with email) with me everywhere! I'm sure you guys know how that is. 8-)
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 May 2010, 13:52
GoalsSetHigh wrote:
Couple questions guys:

I applied to Kelley R4, was invited to interview pretty quick and interviewed on campus not too long ago, and now I'm just waiting on the admissions committee! The visit was great, the students who showed us around were extremely helpful, and the facilities were tremendous.

Couple questions for you admits/applicants:
Did everyone find out they were accepted via email? Did anyone JUST get a packet in the mail without an email? Did anyone receive a phone call?

Also it looks like the decisions were all sent out on a Friday, did anyone get their decision on a day other than Friday?

It also looks like everyone got their decision about 4 weeks after their interview, right? Is that right?

They told us that decisions would be made for R4 applicants in late May (this is also noted on the website), but this waiting period is killing me!

Thanks for any input you can provide!
GoalsSetHigh wrote:
One last silly question, did they send the email at a specific time? Were all emails sent during work hours, morning, evening etc?

Most likely irrelevant, but I've been carrying my phone (with email) with me everywhere! I'm sure you guys know how that is. 8-)

Hi Goals!
Well, I was a R2 applicant and received my decision by e-mail on March 12 at 3pm approximately. The subject of the e-mail was "Kelley MBA Application Status ". Can´t tell if other applicants knew something before or after that Friday 8-)
My admissions package came to me more or less 2 weeks after the e-mail, and my scholarship info came in a separate e-mail some days later.
I've been on that same waiting period and totally get you! It's a hard time!
I hope that you make it to Kelley, good luck! :-D
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 May 2010, 14:45
zeny wrote:

Hi Goals!
Well, I was a R2 applicant and received my decision by e-mail on March 12 at 3pm approximately. The subject of the e-mail was "Kelley MBA Application Status ". Can´t tell if other applicants knew something before or after that Friday 8-)
My admissions package came to me more or less 2 weeks after the e-mail, and my scholarship info came in a separate e-mail some days later.
I've been on that same waiting period and totally get you! It's a hard time!
I hope that you make it to Kelley, good luck! :-D

Thank you very much for the feedback, Zeny. It's much appreciated. I will definitely keep you guys posted one way or another!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 May 2010, 11:41
Case2010 wrote:
adiplayer wrote:
Congrats to all who applied and were accepted! Would you mind giving us an idea of gpa, gmat score ranges and work experience for those of us who are considering applying?

Thanks!

You should definitely apply! I think the best source of the info you need is kelley.iu.edu/mba/admissions/ or reach out to the adcom office. They should have an up-to-date summary of stats. Did you apply this year?

Thanks for the info! I did apply, and I interviewed two weeks ago. I was impressed by the campus, the core, and the students. I am hoping to get in, but am worried that the late (R4) application will hurt me. I didn't realize that notification would be via e-mail. I'm anxiously waiting to hear from them! I feel Kelley is perfect for what I want to do (I'm a career-changer), and I want to attend here - and no where else...wish me luck...
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 May 2010, 13:11
adiplayer wrote:
Case2010 wrote:
adiplayer wrote:
Congrats to all who applied and were accepted! Would you mind giving us an idea of gpa, gmat score ranges and work experience for those of us who are considering applying?

Thanks!

You should definitely apply! I think the best source of the info you need is kelley.iu.edu/mba/admissions/ or reach out to the adcom office. They should have an up-to-date summary of stats. Did you apply this year?

Thanks for the info! I did apply, and I interviewed two weeks ago. I was impressed by the campus, the core, and the students. I am hoping to get in, but am worried that the late (R4) application will hurt me. I didn't realize that notification would be via e-mail. I'm anxiously waiting to hear from them! I feel Kelley is perfect for what I want to do (I'm a career-changer), and I want to attend here - and no where else...wish me luck...

I applied and interviewed a few weeks ago as well. They told me after the interview that we'd all hear something by late May. They said it was possible to hear something by mid May, but most likely would be a bit later in the month.

I've been checking my email constantly as well. Good luck adiplayer!
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 May 2010, 10:03
Anything new here? I'm assuming nothing?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 May 2010, 10:51
Still patiently (and anxiously!) waiting...:)
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 May 2010, 05:50
adiplayer wrote:
Still patiently (and anxiously!) waiting...:)

Ditto adi. I'm really hoping they hand out some [strike]decisions[/strike] acceptances tomorrow!!
Manager
Manager
Schools: Indiana Kelley/Class of 2012/Full tuition $$
WE 1: Healthcare/Biomedical Research
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 May 2010, 08:34
adiplayer wrote:
I feel Kelley is perfect for what I want to do (I'm a career-changer), and I want to attend here - and no where else...wish me luck...

Good luck adiplayer. Hang in there. All will be well and you'd get your good news soon. Just a bit curious, if you feel like Kelley is perfect for what you wanna do, how come you waited till now to apply?

Leadership is not really about telling people what to do — a strategy that doesn't always work. It's about creating an environment where people can speak up, where we can get into debates without becoming confrontational or negative. [It's] about getting people to bring all of themselves to the table." - DuPont CEO Ellen Kullman; Kellogg '83

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 May 2010, 08:54
Thanks for the encouraging words. I waited because I was unsure whether my family could handle the financial strain. The long term benefits outweigh the costs, so I determined that I could do it. I wish I would have applied sooner though!

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 May 2010, 04:29
Well... I wore a red shirt to work today for IU, because I'm hoping they send out some good decisions to us!
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 May 2010, 05:51
The shirt worked!!!! JUST GOT MY ADMISSION EMAIL A FEW MINUTES AGO!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOHOOO!!!
Manager
Manager
Schools: Indiana Kelley/Class of 2012/Full tuition $$
WE 1: Healthcare/Biomedical Research
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 May 2010, 06:00
adiplayer wrote:
Thanks for the encouraging words. I waited because I was unsure whether my family could handle the financial strain. The long term benefits outweigh the costs, so I determined that I could do it. I wish I would have applied sooner though!

Posted from my mobile device Image

You are welcome adi. I agree with you that the long term benefits outweigh the costs. All my best to you...

And Congrats to GoalSetHigh!

Leadership is not really about telling people what to do — a strategy that doesn't always work. It's about creating an environment where people can speak up, where we can get into debates without becoming confrontational or negative. [It's] about getting people to bring all of themselves to the table." - DuPont CEO Ellen Kullman; Kellogg '83

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 May 2010, 08:52
Case2010 wrote:
And Congrats to GoalSetHigh!

Thanks! I almost screamed in my office I was so excited.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 May 2010, 12:21
I'm in too. R4 applicant.
Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants   [#permalink] 21 May 2010, 12:21