Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 02:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

In/Dinged/WL ? (For fall 2010 applicants only)

• 91% [32]
  • 2% [1]
  • 5% [2]
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: GLOBASE Leadership Team Member (Global Business, Social Enterprise)
WE 1: 4 years, nonprofit administration
WE 2: Internship: Cummins, Inc.
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all 2010 Kelley Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2010, 17:01
dli1981 wrote:
Hey everyone. Has anyone heard anything on Round 2 Kelley interview invites yet? Sorry, I am new to the messageboards so not sure if that was covered in another thread. Good luck to everyone! I know I need it lol.

I received an interview invite (posted above), but I think it was prompted because I emailed the adcom to respond to the fact that they would be holding an info session in my area with the ability to hold a few student-initiated interviews pre-application. I emailed to ask them if I should bother going to the info session, since a)I had already applied, and b)I wanted to visit the campus regardless. Jim wrote back to tell me I'd be invited to interview, so I think my initial email must have prompted them to take an initial stab at the application. Not sure how many of their applicants get interviewed, though...
Intern
Intern
Schools: Ross, Kelley, McCombs, Tuck, Stanford, HBS, Kellogg
WE 1: 5 yrs Financial Services/Compliance

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all 2010 Kelley Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2010, 17:17
Hey thanks a lot for the reply, I appreciate it. Good luck and I hope the interview goes well.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Ross, Anderson, Kenan Flagler,

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all 2010 Kelley Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2010, 09:52
Applied in R2. No interview invite yet
Manager
Manager
Schools: Indiana Kelley/Class of 2012/Full tuition $$
WE 1: Healthcare/Biomedical Research
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2010, 15:55
"I'm headed to Bloomington for sure. Here's a question for anyone who reads this. Kelley is a good school, not ultra-elite or anything, but solid nonetheless. But it seems there is very little interest from the members on this board (I could be wrong). Why is that? I guess if you're looking for IB then Kelley is not your best bet, but Indiana has other good programs and many companies come to campus. Does anyone know why Indiana doesn't get as much love as some other schools on here? I'm not mad or anything, just curious. Is it location or what? I've met a lot of students, professors, and talked to alum. They have all been great. Kelley's facilities are also top notch. I'm not looking to start a debate, but I thought someone might have some insight on the topic."
-------------------

Ya, I feel you. I dont see much love here as at other schools. I also got into Kelley and am very excited about it! :-D The adcom team top class (the best for me, the second is Booth) and the ranking are pretty kuul too. Yet to visit Bloomington tho.

Package to arrive in a week. Has anyone recv'd anything yet? Any info about schollies?
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2010, 15:59
CalStep20 wrote:
I'm headed to Bloomington for sure. Here's a question for anyone who reads this. Kelley is a good school, not ultra-elite or anything, but solid nonetheless. But it seems there is very little interest from the members on this board (I could be wrong). Why is that? I guess if you're looking for IB then Kelley is not your best bet, but Indiana has other good programs and many companies come to campus. Does anyone know why Indiana doesn't get as much love as some other schools on here? :) I'm not mad or anything, just curious. Is it location or what? I've met a lot of students, professors, and talked to alum. They have all been great. Kelley's facilities are also top notch. I'm not looking to start a debate, but I thought someone might have some insight on the topic.

Ya, I feel you. I dont see much love here as at other schools. I also got into Kelley and am very excited about it! The adcom team top class (the best for me, the second is Booth) and the ranking are pretty kuul too. Yet to visit Bloomington tho.

Package to arrive in a week. Has anyone recv'd anything yet? Any info about schollies?

Leadership is not really about telling people what to do — a strategy that doesn't always work. It's about creating an environment where people can speak up, where we can get into debates without becoming confrontational or negative. [It's] about getting people to bring all of themselves to the table." - DuPont CEO Ellen Kullman; Kellogg '83

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2010, 19:13
I too got an admit. Yet to receive the admission packet.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2010, 06:44
Has anyone recv'd an admin packet yet? Nothing here...

Leadership is not really about telling people what to do — a strategy that doesn't always work. It's about creating an environment where people can speak up, where we can get into debates without becoming confrontational or negative. [It's] about getting people to bring all of themselves to the table." - DuPont CEO Ellen Kullman; Kellogg '83

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2010, 07:32
Just got a phone call that am IN at Olin too!!!!!!!!!!

Tally(R1): In-Kelley, Olin :-D
Dinged-Goizueta, Stern :oops:
Waiting-Darden, Marshall :?:

R2: Booth, Kellogg, Fuqua

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all 2010 Kelley Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2010, 08:21
Hi All,

I'm a R2 candidate who is heading to Bloomington for a visit and interview on Tuesday. Any advice on attire? Obviously I always imagined wearing a suit to the interview, but is that overkill for the tour, sitting in on class and lunch with student's section of the day? This is my first one of these so I'm a little confused. ksjhawk, maybe you could share what your wore? Or anyone else for that matter.

Thanks!
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2010, 08:25
Moderators, can we please merge this thread "calling Indiana Kelley" with the other thread "Calling Kelley" so that we'd have one busy stream? Thanxz

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all 2010 Kelley Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2010, 08:28
Moderators, can we please merge this thread "calling all 2010 Kelley" with the other thread "calling Indiana Kelley" so that we'd have one busy stream?

It'll be nice to have more traffic here...

Thanxz.

Intern
Intern
Affiliations: GLOBASE Leadership Team Member (Global Business, Social Enterprise)
WE 1: 4 years, nonprofit administration
WE 2: Internship: Cummins, Inc.

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2010, 08:56
Case2010 and Rohitmakkad,
Your posts regarding the 2010 program were all after a moderator merged other replies into a new thread for 2010. Unless it's extremely easy and/or the moderators have plenty of time, it might just be easier for the two of you to put some of your earlier comments into the new 2010 thread - I'm sure the readers would love to hear your comments!
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all 2010 Kelley Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2010, 10:34
Per our moderator, the "Calling Indiana Kelley 2009 applicants" thread is now merged here. Here are some of the post I left on the other thread:

Got a phone call that am IN at Olin too!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone recv'd a Kelley admin packet yet? Nothing here...

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2009 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2010, 10:35
tcha5782 wrote:
Case2010 and Rohitmakkad,
Your posts regarding the 2010 program were all after a moderator merged other replies into a new thread for 2010. Unless it's extremely easy and/or the moderators have plenty of time, it might just be easier for the two of you to put some of your earlier comments into the new 2010 thread - I'm sure the readers would love to hear your comments!

Thanks tcha5782. I just did...

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all 2010 Kelley Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2010, 10:42
Case2010 wrote:
Per our moderator, the "Calling Indiana Kelley 2009 applicants" thread is now merged here. Here are some of the post I left on the other thread:

Got a phone call that am IN at Olin too!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone recv'd a Kelley admin packet yet? Nothing here...

Congrats!!
I haven´t received a packet yet....
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kelley, Moore, Krannert, Owen

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all 2010 Kelley Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2010, 18:49
DC2012, The students giving you a tour and taking you to class will all be in business casual. Most of the students visiting have worn suits, but a few have come in nicer business casual. Wear what you feel comfortable in. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all 2010 Kelley Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2010, 08:50
I would wear a suit and tie, try to look sharp.

I received an admit letter in the mail, but I think we're supposed to receive a big admit package soon...

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all 2010 Kelley Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2010, 19:23
[quote="ksjhawk"]

I received an admit letter in the mail, but I think we're supposed to receive a big admit package soon... "

ksjhawk, when did you recieve
the packet? Am yet 2 get anything. I thot the package should be rather large with official admin letter, new-student info, fin aid info and schollie details. Was that what you hot?

The wait is messing up my mind lol

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all 2010 Kelley Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2010, 19:29
I got my packet today!!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all 2010 Kelley Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2010, 10:14
I got the packet as well...it came thru Fedex.

sad news - no scholarship! :-(
Re: Calling all 2010 Kelley Applicants   [#permalink] 26 Jan 2010, 10:14