Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 09:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Oct 2011
Posts: 35
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
GPA: 3.32
WE: Other (Other)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2012, 14:48
avart wrote:
matchbox21 wrote:
Hi !! I applied for R2 Jan 5th deadline, haven't received any interview invitation... hope i do !


Hi. I also applied in R2 and haven't received any status updates or invitations yet.
But today I've got an email from newtoiu@indiana.edu with a University ID and iStart Limited Access PIN, which is for incoming international students (I am an international applicant). However there is nothing about my application status.

Can someone help me to make this thing clear? Has any of you got such email? Does it imply anything about admission status or do they send it to all the international applicants?


What is the iStart?? I am a domestic applicant but I have not received that email at all....
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Oct 2011
Posts: 35
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
GPA: 3.32
WE: Other (Other)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2012, 14:49
bp14 wrote:
avart wrote:
matchbox21 wrote:
Hi !! I applied for R2 Jan 5th deadline, haven't received any interview invitation... hope i do !


Hi. I also applied in R2 and haven't received any status updates or invitations yet.
But today I've got an email from newtoiu@indiana.edu with a University ID and iStart Limited Access PIN, which is for incoming international students (I am an international applicant). However there is nothing about my application status.

Can someone help me to make this thing clear? Has any of you got such email? Does it imply anything about admission status or do they send it to all the international applicants?


Hi avart,

I'm a domestic applicant, so this may not be too helpful, but I would err on the side of caution and not try to infer anything about your admission status. During my visit, I think they mentioned that they try to interview all admitted applicants. So if you haven't interviewed yet, I would assume that this is just a normal part of the process.

On the other hand, I received my university ID with my acceptance letter, and you eventually use it to create your IU e-mail!

Perhaps some of the international applicants could speak better to what this means, if anything.


bp14, are you round 1 or round 2 applicant??
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 21
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2012, 04:26
so, everyone got that email notification!!!?

Can some international applicant confirm this!!? and also did R1 applicants (both admitted and dinged) receive this email earlier!?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 May 2011
Posts: 7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2012, 04:56
josh84 wrote:
so, everyone got that email notification!!!?

Can some international applicant confirm this!!? and also did R1 applicants (both admitted and dinged) receive this email earlier!?



hey josh84,

A friend of mine (international applicant) hasn't received it yet, while another has. So, i'd not read too much into that mail.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 21
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2012, 08:46
RAHULGUPTA10 wrote:
josh84 wrote:
so, everyone got that email notification!!!?

Can some international applicant confirm this!!? and also did R1 applicants (both admitted and dinged) receive this email earlier!?



hey josh84,

A friend of mine (international applicant) hasn't received it yet, while another has. So, i'd not read too much into that mail.


Yeah you are right... Just called the admission's office, they confirmed that the email was sent to all the international applicants.....

Any Indian applicants who got an interview call for R2!!?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Mar 2010
Posts: 3
Location: India
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2012, 10:23
jit007 wrote:
AditiB wrote:
jit007 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I applied to Kelley in the Jan 5 deadline. Has anyone who applied in the same round received interviews calls yet?



I applied in round 2 as well. I have got my interview this month. I know a few more R2 applicants who have got interview calls.


Thanks Aditi.Good luck for your interview.

When did you receive your interview invitation?

I guess their is some more time left before I start loosing hope.


Hey.. Sorry for the late reply.. I received my interview mail on Jan 17th..

I can see a lot of posts about the istart mail .. I received one as well. Then received another one apologizing for miscommunication in the first mail. :? But not bothering too much cuz a friend of mine also received both !
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Preparing Apps
Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 91
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 4

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2012, 06:07
All those who applied in Round2 -

Has anyone got an email from 'newtoiu@indiana.edu' asking you to check your application status and submit Important documents on 'iStart'?

I'm required to submit my Financial documents; but they have not mentioned by when do I have to submit these? Is it alright to submit these after a decission is made or I need to provide these for them to make a decission?

Has anyone submitted any financial proofs? Any inputs will be helpful.

Regards,
Ali.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Preparing Apps
Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 91
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 4

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2012, 11:09
josh84 wrote:
no, you don't need to submit any documents. I called ad com and they confirmed it.


Thanks for the quick response Josh84.

Regards,
Ali.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Nov 2011
Posts: 14
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2012, 02:34
...

Last edited by guptapiyush1986 on 11 Feb 2012, 09:12, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Mar 2005
Posts: 13
Schools: LBS '14 (A)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2012, 12:15
Have been a silent observer.

International applicant. Interviewed on 07th Feb through Skype.

Questions asked:
1) Tell me about yourself.
2) Any experience where you shown your creativity.
3) Team failure experience.
4) Feedback experience
5) Why MBA, goals and Kelley?

Good luck to all.

Thanks,
Dheeraj
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Affiliations: Consortium
Joined: 26 Jan 2011
Posts: 209
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 37

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2012, 15:45
Oh me oh my has this forum been quiet over the past month. So, I've heard rumors that at some schools you automatically get the in-state tuition rate if you are awarded a scholarship. Does anybody know if this is the case at Kelley? I'm assuming it's not the case since I couldn't find anything about it on the site, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. That would turn a partial scholarship into nearly a full scholarship...
_________________

It's better to be lucky than to be good.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Dec 2011
Posts: 20
Location: Thailand
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kelley '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 620 Q44 V32
GPA: 3.33
WE: Other (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2012, 01:39
MIXEDin86 wrote:
Oh me oh my has this forum been quiet over the past month. So, I've heard rumors that at some schools you automatically get the in-state tuition rate if you are awarded a scholarship. Does anybody know if this is the case at Kelley? I'm assuming it's not the case since I couldn't find anything about it on the site, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. That would turn a partial scholarship into nearly a full scholarship...


I didn't know about that before. How great if that could also happen at Kelley! :-D Are you admitted at any schools, MIXEDin86? What's your status with Kelley?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Affiliations: Consortium
Joined: 26 Jan 2011
Posts: 209
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 37

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2012, 09:47
SorayaBT wrote:
MIXEDin86 wrote:
Oh me oh my has this forum been quiet over the past month. So, I've heard rumors that at some schools you automatically get the in-state tuition rate if you are awarded a scholarship. Does anybody know if this is the case at Kelley? I'm assuming it's not the case since I couldn't find anything about it on the site, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. That would turn a partial scholarship into nearly a full scholarship...


I didn't know about that before. How great if that could also happen at Kelley! :-D Are you admitted at any schools, MIXEDin86? What's your status with Kelley?


Yah it would be great. I'm accepted to Kelley and Johnson and Kelley has offered a partial fellowship. And yourself?
_________________

It's better to be lucky than to be good.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Dec 2011
Posts: 20
Location: Thailand
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kelley '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 620 Q44 V32
GPA: 3.33
WE: Other (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2012, 07:52
MIXEDin86 wrote:
Yah it would be great. I'm accepted to Kelley and Johnson and Kelley has offered a partial fellowship. And yourself?


I'll be going to Kelley and also received partial scholarship. Btw how was the scholarship informed to you? I received only PDF letter attached with Tim Smith's email. But I kinda expect to receive like a paper and maybe other information delivered to my address but I've got nothing - I received only admission packet. Just wanna check what about others bc I asked from the school but been so quiet. Thanks!

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Posts: 15
Location: United States
Concentration: Economics, Statistics
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE: Other (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Feb 2012, 09:07
Any applicants who submitted on January 5 hear back yet? The past couple years the first wave has come out at the end of February.
BSchool Thread Master
User avatar
Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 488
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 123

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Feb 2012, 09:53
tm153505 wrote:
Any applicants who submitted on January 5 hear back yet? The past couple years the first wave has come out at the end of February.


Haven't received anything yet. Did they call or email? Man, a waiting game like this will make me nervous.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Posts: 15
Location: United States
Concentration: Economics, Statistics
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE: Other (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Feb 2012, 09:59
gablaze23 wrote:
tm153505 wrote:
Any applicants who submitted on January 5 hear back yet? The past couple years the first wave has come out at the end of February.


Haven't received anything yet. Did they call or email? Man, a waiting game like this will make me nervous.


Seems like they've e-mailed in the past. I'm just going by the 2011 and 2010 forums on this site. Last year notifications were on Monday the 28th, 2 years ago on Friday the 26th. Since both were the last business day of February, I thought they might be released today.
BSchool Thread Master
User avatar
Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 488
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 123

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Feb 2012, 10:47
tm153505 wrote:
gablaze23 wrote:
tm153505 wrote:
Any applicants who submitted on January 5 hear back yet? The past couple years the first wave has come out at the end of February.


Haven't received anything yet. Did they call or email? Man, a waiting game like this will make me nervous.


Seems like they've e-mailed in the past. I'm just going by the 2011 and 2010 forums on this site. Last year notifications were on Monday the 28th, 2 years ago on Friday the 26th. Since both were the last business day of February, I thought they might be released today.


Did they also say last year that they were going to release decisions by mid-March?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Posts: 15
Location: United States
Concentration: Economics, Statistics
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE: Other (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Feb 2012, 11:20
Haven't received anything yet. Did they call or email? Man, a waiting game like this will make me nervous.[/quote]

Seems like they've e-mailed in the past. I'm just going by the 2011 and 2010 forums on this site. Last year notifications were on Monday the 28th, 2 years ago on Friday the 26th. Since both were the last business day of February, I thought they might be released today.[/quote]

Did they also say last year that they were going to release decisions by mid-March?[/quote]


Not sure, but I think the second wave has come out in mid-March, so it seems like we're on a similar timeline. At my interview I was told that they let people know in early-to-mid March.
BSchool Thread Master
User avatar
Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 488
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 123

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Feb 2012, 15:34
BrianH09 wrote:
I just received my admissions e-mail.


Congratulations!! How quick!! You must have gotten a lot of $$$
Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 29 Feb 2012, 15:34
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
28 Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants subhashghosh 184 20 Jul 2011, 04:16
35 Calling all 2011 Kelley Applicants! mba20thirteen 509 03 Aug 2010, 09:36
2 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants kdkull 182 10 Nov 2009, 14:59
1 Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2009 Applicants Dell876 25 11 Dec 2008, 11:25
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10    Next  [ 185 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.