Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 19:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Dec 2011
Posts: 20
Location: Thailand
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kelley '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 620 Q44 V32
GPA: 3.33
WE: Other (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2011, 10:55
bschoolaspirant24 wrote:
Hi SorayaBT,

Congratulations on the admit ! Have you received any information on the financial aid yet ? Also, have other R1 applicants received decisions ?


Thanks! I got the Forte Fellowship -- covered 50% of tuition. Are you in R1? I don't know about others. It has been so quiet from Kelley hasn't it? I don't even know why my case happens to be so quickly. But any way best of luck to you! :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Posts: 12
Location: India
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2011, 11:00
Congratulations ! That's a really good deal. Yes, I'm an R1 applicant. I haven't received a decision from Kelley yet.

SorayaBT wrote:
bschoolaspirant24 wrote:
Hi SorayaBT,

Congratulations on the admit ! Have you received any information on the financial aid yet ? Also, have other R1 applicants received decisions ?


Thanks! I got the Forte Fellowship -- covered 50% of tuition. Are you in R1? I don't know about others. It has been so quiet from Kelley hasn't it? I don't even know why my case happens to be so quickly. But any way best of luck to you! :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Dec 2011
Posts: 20
Location: Thailand
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kelley '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 620 Q44 V32
GPA: 3.33
WE: Other (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2011, 11:04
bschoolaspirant24 wrote:
Congratulations ! That's a really good deal. Yes, I'm an R1 applicant. I haven't received a decision from Kelley yet.

SorayaBT wrote:
bschoolaspirant24 wrote:
Hi SorayaBT,

Congratulations on the admit ! Have you received any information on the financial aid yet ? Also, have other R1 applicants received decisions ?


Thanks! I got the Forte Fellowship -- covered 50% of tuition. Are you in R1? I don't know about others. It has been so quiet from Kelley hasn't it? I don't even know why my case happens to be so quickly. But any way best of luck to you! :)


Do you apply to any other schools? Share us the result, please? :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Dec 2009
Posts: 21
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2011, 14:27
bschoolaspirant24 wrote:
Hi SorayaBT,

Congratulations on the admit ! Have you received any information on the financial aid yet ? Also, have other R1 applicants received decisions ?

SorayaBT wrote:
Hi everyone. I just received the email from Pam Roberts telling I have been admitted! :-D :-D :-D Anyone heard from them yet? Hope you all get good news!



Not a word, I'm also a 1st rounder, I'm surprised that SorayaBT got a decision before us.
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 28
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [2] , given: 2

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2011, 10:18
2
This post received
KUDOS
Hi All-
Congrats to all the admits and those about to come!

I am a Kelley first year MBA student and it was not long ago I was making decisions about where to apply and whether to accept Kelley’s offer. After the first semester, I am convinced that Kelley deserves its ranking and probably a much higher one. I know these boards can be a valuable resource as well as an addiction for those in that process so I thought I would offer a few things I have really enjoyed so far to help feed your need for info.

Here are some of the specific things I have enjoyed about it:

The Core - One of the things I really enjoy about Kelley is it takes the academic portion of the MBA seriously. The core at Kelley is 8 classes. At many other schools the number is only 5 or 6. During the Kelley core, Fridays are not off. I am happy to know that I have worked hard and built a solid foundation that allows me to understand the implications of pretty much any business problem or situation.

Flexibility - I am looking forward to the remainder of the MBA due to the flexibility and depth available in the subjects. Due to the compressed 7 week schedule that begins after the core, you are allowed to continue taking 8 courses per full academic semester. I am planning to do a major as well as two minors and I will still be able to take additional courses in other subjects I am interested in. Many people double major. The depth in offerings will allow me to enter the workforce with much more than a piece of paper.

Me INC - Another part of Kelley I enjoy very much is all of the tools it makes available to students for career development. It is one thing to get a great education but that education is useless if you can’t land the right opportunity. At Kelley, career development begins even before school officially starts with the ME INC program. This program forces you into the process of crafting our own personal brand. The great thing about this process is it allows you present yourself in front of peers before you have to do it in front of recruiters. It gives you practice as well as feedback. And feedback is not to be underrated; it is hard to know exactly how others coming from different background will perceive what you are saying until you hear from them directly.

Academies – It is hard to talk about Kelley without mentioning the academies and rightfully so. I have enjoyed my academy in that it has allowed me to work on specializing skills, my brand and my network. The academy could probably fill up a post in itself but suffice it to say that I have found these to be a very valuable resource in helping me develop a network for potential internships, as well as prepare me for the interview process through mock interviews, peer coaching and resume reviews.

I could keep going, these are but a few of the things and opportunities I have truly enjoyed at Kelley. It is definitely a well-rounded and thought out program with enthusiastic leadership, alumni and students. Once again, congrats to those of you who have already been admitted and I will hope to see you on campus for visits and Experience Weekend.

My one piece of advice when looking at schools that goes for whether you are deciding where to apply or whether to attend is really try to pull back the onion of what is offered at the school. Don’t go off rankings and advertising materials too much. Talk is cheap. Spend some real time and make sure you get the whole picture. Find out who the leadership of the school is. If you are planning to major in a subject, find out what courses are offered in that subject. If you are planning to go into a certain area find out how the school will help you network in that area. If you really want a collaborative culture, find out how the school actually promotes a collaborative culture. If you really want a good job, find out how exactly the school will help you get there. These degrees are not cheap so make the most of it. Hope it helps and Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 12
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2012, 20:50
updates, anyone?

no news is good news.....right?

:| :shock:
BSchool Thread Master
User avatar
Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 488
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 123

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2012, 23:17
Just sent my apps via Consortium 2 hours ago! :) Anybody else here applying via the Consortium?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Affiliations: The Earth organization, India
Joined: 25 Dec 2010
Posts: 194
WE 1: SAP consultant-IT 2 years
WE 2: Entrepreneur-family business 2 years
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2012, 00:36
tommybakas wrote:
updates, anyone?

no news is good news.....right?

:| :shock:



15th Jan
_________________

Cheers !!

Quant 47-Striving for 50
Verbal 34-Striving for 40

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Status: shIT happens
Joined: 26 Apr 2011
Posts: 32
Location: India
Concentration: Sustainability, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 6

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2012, 12:03
just submitted my application for R2... Goodluck all and those who are waiting for R1 decisions..
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Dec 2010
Posts: 7
Location: United States
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.05
WE: Design (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2012, 13:08
applied today as well.! very few people seem to resort to forums ?!!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Jan 2012
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2012, 07:16
I submitted Kelley R2 on 3rd Jan 2012.

I wish all the best to all the applicants in R1 since their decision date is approaching . Also please Do help R2 applicants like me with guidance/interview advice. :)

Cheers !
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Dec 2011
Posts: 20
Location: Thailand
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kelley '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 620 Q44 V32
GPA: 3.33
WE: Other (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2012, 09:16
Good luck to you all! :-D
Current Student
User avatar
Affiliations: LEAD Program in Business, NSHMBA, NBMBAA
Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 319
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 77

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2012, 19:53
Hi Kelley applicants! FYI if you're applying to Kelley through the Consortium Graduate Study in Management (CGSM), hop over to the Consortium 2012 Forum and Update Your Profile to join the Consortium roll call.

It's simple. Just select your school as "Consortium, the", then indicate which specific institution(s) you'll be applying to, make sure your application cycle is 2011-2012 and the Consortium round (CGSM1 or CGSM2) you be applied in. You can do all of this easily through the handy 'Add to Your Schools' link on the front page of the Consortium 2012 Forum.

We have a special analytics specifically for those candidates applying via Consortium and lots of conversation specific to Consortium candidates and the school(s) they are applying to.

Come and join the conversation! Cheers!
_________________

My Blog - Road to the MBA Class of 2014

BSchool Thread Master
User avatar
Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 488
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 123

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2012, 14:46
Just got my invite to interview this morning! I am stoked. My interview is on Tuesday, January 17. Any tips, questions previously asked? I had found this from user adrianbr


adrianbr wrote:
I had my interview today over skype. It was with a 2nd year student, very conversational and friendly. Normal questions:

a. Walk me through your resume and a few follow up questions
b. Why Kelley?
c. Describe what it takes to be a good leader and how do you fit with that description?
d. Describe a time when you were creative.
e. Talk about what you do outside work
f. Q&A.

It was around 45 minutes. I really don't like the skype method, but it was difficult for me to travel to Bloomington right now. I prefer to do it on person, but overall I felt it was ok.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Affiliations: AID
Joined: 24 Nov 2010
Posts: 57
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 1

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2012, 15:02
1
This post received
KUDOS
I got my admit email an hour back. I am hoping to hear some good news with respect to financial aid.

@SorayaBT, are you able to access the admitted students website? I never got a call from Kelley informing about my admit.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 24 Oct 2011
Posts: 52
Location: Costa Rica
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 0

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2012, 15:27
1
This post received
KUDOS
I'm in, got an e-mail a couple of hours ago. :-D
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Affiliations: Consortium
Joined: 26 Jan 2011
Posts: 209
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 62 [1] , given: 37

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2012, 15:29
1
This post received
KUDOS
vinaynp wrote:
I got my admit email an hour back. I am hoping to hear some good news with respect to financial aid.

@SorayaBT, are you able to access the admitted students website? I never got a call from Kelley informing about my admit.


Got my admit e-mail about an hour ago too. I thought it was kind of strange that they didn't call us, but nonetheless I'm very happy! Hopefully activity on this thread will start to pick up, seems very dead around these parts.

I applied via Consortium Rd.1 by the way.
_________________

It's better to be lucky than to be good.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 21
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2012, 15:31
gablaze23 wrote:
Just got my invite to interview this morning! I am stoked. My interview is on Tuesday, January 17. Any tips, questions previously asked? I had found this from user adrianbr


adrianbr wrote:
I had my interview today over skype. It was with a 2nd year student, very conversational and friendly. Normal questions:

a. Walk me through your resume and a few follow up questions
b. Why Kelley?
c. Describe what it takes to be a good leader and how do you fit with that description?
d. Describe a time when you were creative.
e. Talk about what you do outside work
f. Q&A.

It was around 45 minutes. I really don't like the skype method, but it was difficult for me to travel to Bloomington right now. I prefer to do it on person, but overall I felt it was ok.


Did you apply in Round 2?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2011
Posts: 12
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GPA: 3.38
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2012, 15:42
I got an email this afternoon confirming my admission to Kelley. Congratulations to all those who got admitted. :-D

Last edited by fbomb on 11 Jan 2012, 16:08, edited 1 time in total.
BSchool Thread Master
User avatar
Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 488
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 123

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2012, 15:57
josh84 wrote:
gablaze23 wrote:
Just got my invite to interview this morning! I am stoked. My interview is on Tuesday, January 17. Any tips, questions previously asked? I had found this from user adrianbr


adrianbr wrote:
I had my interview today over skype. It was with a 2nd year student, very conversational and friendly. Normal questions:

a. Walk me through your resume and a few follow up questions
b. Why Kelley?
c. Describe what it takes to be a good leader and how do you fit with that description?
d. Describe a time when you were creative.
e. Talk about what you do outside work
f. Q&A.

It was around 45 minutes. I really don't like the skype method, but it was difficult for me to travel to Bloomington right now. I prefer to do it on person, but overall I felt it was ok.


Did you apply in Round 2?


Yes, R2 via Consortium.

It seems like I got the invite early bec. some admissions officers are going to Los Angeles on that same day for the InsidetheMBA event.
Re: Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 11 Jan 2012, 15:57
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
28 Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants subhashghosh 184 20 Jul 2011, 04:16
Experts publish their posts in the topic Kelley (Indiana) MSIS 2013 - Calling all applicants souvik101990 0 15 Feb 2013, 07:15
35 Calling all 2011 Kelley Applicants! mba20thirteen 509 03 Aug 2010, 09:36
1 Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2009 Applicants Dell876 25 11 Dec 2008, 11:25
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10    Next  [ 185 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.