Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:38 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Affiliations: NYK Line
Own Kudos [?]: 1857 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [4]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 523 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.2
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2014 Intake) Class of 2015 [#permalink]
Hi Guys,

Do you think a low IR score in GMAT will seriously affect the chances?
My GMAT score is 710 but I got the IR score of 3.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [18]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Quote:
I went there for the interview ... started off well.
Then some how my mind said .. lets dig our own grave ... and i started doing it...
one of the alums helped me with the digging and i kept on digging it .. untill finally they said ... we are done and you can lie down now :(

Is this the post you are talking about? :P
Well i was trying to say that i my interview was pathetic and it was me myself who gave a very bad interview,
The interviewers were asking very normal questions.

All the questions were from the profile or the essays or from what you say. Nothing greek and Latin
Below is a snapshot of the interview:

I was the last one to be interviewed in the year. So the panel was chilled and greeted me very well. Made me confortable
The members:
ME, ADCOM (around 40), ALUM1 (28-29years), ALUM2(28-29 years)

1) Tell me something interesting about yourself which is not written any where
Me: Well i will tell you something very interesting :)
Not the primary reason, but one of the reason for me doing an MBA from ISB is that my fiancee wants to stay in the ISB campus :D
laughters all around.
ALUM1 says ... thats a pretty expensive marriage :P
Laughters all around, told to myself that i am on the right track

2) You are a quality assurance guy. What all will you look for before launching a tooth brush.
I asked the age group it was catering to, information gathering and told some points.
Was grilled too much(around 15 mins) on this and finally they were unconvinced.
ALUM 2 said, you have written about details all over your essay and you are making so broad test cases :(

3) ADCOM: What do you want to talk about.
ME: Extra curriculars
Told them everything about what i have done in MAD and teach for India
they said that its good what you have done, but how ISB will benefit from it.
Then i told the learning from all this.

4) What will you brig to ISB
Told my strengths in detail and how i got them. Linked them to professional and extra curricular.
How i was rejected by NMIMS last year and then i worked upon my weaknesses and converted it the following year.

5) Why ISB
Told that i did not join NMIMS as it was a two year program and i am looking for a one year program only.

6) Why MBA
Told them the future plan about becoming a consultant, but they were not at all convinced and said that you can achieve this by experience and some certification. they even gave me some websites for that :)

There were two questions which doomed my interview and both of them were very easy ones.
The ordeal lasted for about 35 40 minutes.

and it ended on this note

I knew the moment i came out that it was a goner ..
That's about it. Hope everyone is benefited from it. If any one has any particular query, he/she may shoot them :)
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Abhii46 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Hey,

I attended a chat session in which Prof. A.M. Kannan said that they will not consider the IR score as it is a very recent inclusion, so all the applicants will not have the IR score, hence they do not have a basis to compare that.
So do not worry about the IR score :)

And congrats for 710 :)

-Ankur
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ankurgupta03 wrote:
Abhii46 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Hey,

I attended a chat session in which Prof. A.M. Kannan said that they will not consider the IR score as it is a very recent inclusion, so all the applicants will not have the IR score, hence they do not have a basis to compare that.
So do not worry about the IR score :)

And congrats for 710 :)

-Ankur

Thanks Ankur for your reply.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Abhii46 wrote:

Here in GMATClub, we thank in a different way (pressing the kudos button), which you must be aware about :P
Also i added ISB to you list of schools :)

All the best!!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ankurgupta03 wrote:
Abhii46 wrote:

Here in GMATClub, we thank in a different way (pressing the kudos button), which you must be aware about :P
All the best!!!

I'm aware and I had already done that. :)
Director
Director
Send PM
That was really bad, u missed a golden chance........Questions were not too tough to be justified.....
No worries..I think u ll make it, this time around...

Archit
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Send PM
Archit143 wrote:
That was really bad, u missed a golden chance........Questions were not too tough to be justified.....
No worries..I think u ll make it, this time around...

Archit

Thanks a lot for the kind words and all the best to you too :)

Where are the rest of the applicants?
Either they are very busy with their application or they are not applying to ISB :P
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Have you guys started writing essays? Are you taking any admission consultants help or writing essays on your own?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Kudos
Abhii46 wrote:
Have you guys started writing essays? Are you taking any admission consultants help or writing essays on your own?

Hey Abhi...

I am an Early Entry Option aspirant and my deadline is Jan 15th so I have plenty of time :-D ...

I am planning on taking the help of an admission consultant but have to finalize which one to use.. After some preliminary research I have narrowed it down to Apphelp and Gyanone but I am stumped from there on...
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [1]
Send PM