Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:30 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2016 [#permalink]
got an admit for mohali campus :)

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 101 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Send PM
krr15h wrote:
rohanGmat wrote:
krr15h wrote:
Admitted to Mohali Campus :D

They are saying PGP commencing April 2016 :( did all get this or is something wrong with me?

I thought ISB batch always starts in April. Got in at Mohali, had applied for Hyderabad, expected, as I am concentrating on Healthcare. Couldn't be happier.
Also -- are all these reported admits for people in delhi ?

My suspicion is that they are sending all Dilli, Punjab and Haryana guys to Hyderabad and all the southies to Mohali :P Certainly seems like this is what they are doing!!

Umm, I still think its profile based. I am from Delhi and most alums told me beforehand that if selected it will be Mohali for me :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
Heartbreak folks. No love from ISB :(
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
rohanGmat wrote:
krr15h wrote:
Admitted to Mohali Campus :D

They are saying PGP commencing April 2016 :( did all get this or is something wrong with me?

I thought ISB batch always starts in April. Got in at Mohali, had applied for Hyderabad, expected, as I am concentrating on Healthcare. Couldn't be happier.
Also -- are all these reported admits for people in delhi ?

there is absolute zero correlation between anyone's intended concentration and campus allotment...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Admitted students, please have your admitted specific discussion at calling-all-isb-admitted-students-class-of-2016-2015-intake-188565.html :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hyderbad it is !!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
Concentration: Finance, Technology
Schools: ISB '18 (A)
GPA: 2.7
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
gmatbugsme84 wrote:

Ahh sad to know :( So I guess that leaves you with duke now . Good luck mate ! :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 431 [0]
Given Kudos: 131
Send PM
gmatbugsme84 wrote:

Hard luck mate! All the best for Duke.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [1]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Did not get a mail. Talked to Rupesh. All the waistlists and admits have been sent. Dings will come on monday and till then they will keep all the rest traumatized.
Waiting for that stupid mail now....
farhanc85 :)
These words are not coming from the mouth of a disgruntled applicant, but from someone who did every single thing isb told to do.

Also, i do not agree that my efforts were not good enough. If someone, anyone wants to debate, I am game.

Congrats to all who have converted. Enjoy the day!
Narenn you would have to find a new threadmaster. I just cannot afford to be associated with this school any more.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
ankurgupta03 wrote:
Did not get a mail. Talked to Rupesh. All the waistlists and admits have been sent. Dings will come on monday and till then they will keep all the rest traumatized.
Waiting for that stupid mail
These words are not coming from the mouth of a disgruntled applicant, but from someone who did every single thing isb told to do.

Narenn you would have to find a new threadmaster. I just cannot afford to be associated with this school any more.

I totally understand your pain Ankur. They seem to really hate people with IT background. I know lots of people who got rejected this time, and not surprisingly, all had atleast some background in Software Engineering in some capacity. Not one I know from this field got selected this year... I talked to a few students candidly and a few of my relatives too who are alumni, and they feel the same. It's an unofficial stereotype I guess which is now everywhere, not just them.

I'm sure you will make it to some other school this season. Please don't undermine the school though (even though I was in the same position yesterday, and you have faced this before too! In fact you did everything they said on feedback!) for the sake of others who got it. The have worked hard to get this too.

Hope you understand. I'm trying to make my peace too.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 448 [0]
Given Kudos: 147
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Lets not lose hope Ankur. I wish that you do not get dinged mail on Monday. Anyways, best of luck for the other schools.

BTW, how many reapplicants here got an admit ?

- Tarun

razordude1717 wrote:
ankurgupta03 wrote:
Waiting for that stupid mail.

I totally understand your pain Ankur. They seem to really hate people with IT background. I know lots of people who got rejected this time, and not surprisingly, all had atleast some background in Software Engineering in some capacity. Not one I know from this field got selected this year... I talked to a few students candidly and a few of my relatives too who are alumni, and they feel the same. It's an unofficial stereotype I guess which is now everywhere, not just them.

I'm sure you will make it to some other school this season. Please don't undermine the school though (even though I was in the same position yesterday, and you have faced this before too! In fact you did everything they said on feedback!) for the sake of others who got it. The have worked hard to get this too.

Hope you understand. I'm trying to make my peace too.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
Send PM
ankurgupta03 wrote:
Waiting for that stupid mail

Also, i do not agree that my efforts were not good enough. If someone, anyone wants to debate, I am game.

Hi Ankur,

I am really sorry, your enthusiasm and tenacity was infectious! Anyways, ISB lost out on a great candidate who really cared about the school.. I know you will get through something even better!

I wish you the best! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V25
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V34
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
tarunktuteja wrote:
Lets not lose hope Ankur. I wish that you do not get dinged mail on Monday. Anyways, best of luck for the other schools.

- Tarun

tarunktuteja

Re-applicant : managed Mohali.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 448 [0]
Given Kudos: 147
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Thanks Rajatk... I was just wondering if they have any bias towards first time applicants...

rajatk18 wrote:
tarunktuteja wrote:

- Tarun

tarunktuteja

Re-applicant : managed Mohali.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V25
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V34
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
tarunktuteja wrote:
Thanks Rajatk... I was just wondering if they have any bias towards first time applicants...

Well I was WL last year - couldn't convert - However I'm going to be honest Tarun -- I really (REALLY) screwed up my interview last year !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [3]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V43
GPA: 3.45
Send PM
Kudos
First, congrats to those who have made it to the class of 2016. I want to make an honest appeal to future applicant: For ISB, do not bother with GMAT if you have anything above 680. Numerous floating variables between your application and your result neutralize the difference between a 680 and a 780. I think I wasted lots of my energy and time last year to score a 770, which apparently hasn't realized me anything as far as ISB is concerned (got a ding!)

I do not doubt my rejection, but I doubt my self-belief.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
pratap92 wrote:
First, congrats to those who have made it to the class of 2016. I want to make an honest appeal to future applicant: For ISB, do not bother with GMAT if you have anything above 680. Numerous floating variables between your application and your result neutralize the difference between a 680 and a 780. I think I wasted lots of my energy and time last year to score a 770, which apparently hasn't realized me anything as far as ISB is concerned (got a ding!)

I do not doubt my rejection, but I doubt my self-belief.

This is so true ! Work on your essays , with your recos and rest of the application R2 folks.
GMAT is a tickbox which gets ticked once you score above a threshold (varies with experience you have)

Nobody believes this ..but as a current student I dont think ISB is not very critical on anybody's gmat being above 680 or 720.. If you have rich experience and have articulated well in your essays, there is a very good chance that you will get interview call !

pratap92 .. do not doubt yourself in anyway. . work towards your goal. More often than not failure are part of your success story.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  24   25   26   27   28   29   30  ...  51   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts