Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 04:30 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT Date: 07-05-2015
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Thank you GyanOne for the information. All of my achievements are heavily academic (was the topper of my undergrad class) even the job in Tata steel was through the pre placement offer after the summer internship. I have particularly no extra curricular activities other than few hobbies. My cause of concern was just that.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
sghosal99 wrote:
Thank you GyanOne for the information. All of my achievements are heavily academic (was the topper of my undergrad class) even the job in Tata steel was through the pre placement offer after the summer internship. I have particularly no extra curricular activities other than few hobbies. My cause of concern was just that.

Sure. Academic achievements will get you plenty of credit as well. Also, on Tata Steel, what we would emphasize is highlighting the richness of your experience in manufacturing and possibly operations (if that was a component). How you got the job is immaterial. What you did as part of it counts the most.

The lack of ECA could be a slight issue, but perhaps there are possibilities of making that up through other activities in college or at work you may have been involved with. Just exploring possibilities here - difficult for us to comment unless we really look into the particulars there. In case you feel the need, you can also contact us for a free profile evaluation.

All the best!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
ptecks wrote:
Hi,

I gave the GMAT and scored a 710 (Q-49/V-35). My GPA is 3.5 and I have done my engineering in IT. I currently have a work ex of 24 months in Testing in the IT Industry. I am targeting ISB Class of 2017. Is there a need for me to give the GMAT again?

Hi,

In our opinion, more than a little better GMAT score an additional year of experience will make your chances much better. 24 months of QA experience makes the candidature weak. Also, try to add diversity in your work ex. You move to analyst role or join a startup.

Feel free to contact us for any queries.

Apphelp Team
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
myth wrote:
Hi

Can someone plz evaluate my profile for applying to ISB 2016 intake batch:

Undergrad GPA : 3.5 (As per GMAC norms)
Work Experience : 7 years in Civil Engineering field as design engineer and project execution engineer
GMAT score : 680 (Taken on 27-Oct-2010) please confirm if the score is still valid to apply for round-1
Academic achievements : University Topper in undergraduation
Class Xii - 89% Class X - 94%

Extra curricular activities : won many competitions in school in painting , debates , elocutions etc.
won various paper presentation competitions in technical fests during college days

As my GMAT score is on lower side, can my rest of the profile put me in a better position for applying to ISB?

Hi,

Your work experience looks good and diversity will help.

We would recommend retaking GMAT because your GMAT score is too old and while ISB will accept it they may doubt the academic potential/ capability as it was taken when you have 1-2 years of experience and were fresh out of college. But more importantly, if you can get a 700 on GMAT, you chances will be much better. School and college fest achievements dont add any value. Everyone writes something.

Given that R1 deadline is in Oct this yr and there is ample time before R2 ( in case you need more) focus on GMAT and then apply.

Feel free to contact us for any queries.

Apphelp Team
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
myth wrote:
Hi

Undergrad GPA : 3.5 (As per GMAC norms)
Work Experience : 7 years in Civil Engineering field as design engineer and project execution engineer
GMAT score : 680 (Taken on 27-Oct-2010) please confirm if the score is still valid to apply for round-1
Academic achievements : University Topper in undergraduation
Class Xii - 89% Class X - 94%

Extra curricular activities : won many competitions in school in painting , debates , elocutions etc.
won various paper presentation competitions in technical fests during college days

As my GMAT score is on lower side, can my rest of the profile put me in a better position for applying to ISB?

I have a slightly different take on this one.
As a b-school, I would wonder why you have not taken your GMAT again if the last one you took was, in any case 5 years old and is below average.
Also we are seeing a surge of people applying to b-schools with your back ground, so a better score will add to your competitiveness in the process.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
I wasn't sure that the adcom was able to see the age of the school as long as it was valid. Can you please confirm this point?

The GMAT score could be a gamble (kind of neutral for this applicant, doesn't hurt the application but doesn't help it either).
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: ISB '17 (S)
Send PM
gmatbugsme84 wrote:
I wasn't sure that the adcom was able to see the age of the school as long as it was valid. Can you please confirm this point?

The GMAT score could be a gamble (kind of neutral for this applicant, doesn't hurt the application but doesn't help it either).

In this years application, one has to specify the date on which one appeared for the GMAT so, adcom will most definitely know,not through GMAC but through the application itself.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V25
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V34
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
ISB Class of 2017 aspirants! All the very best!
You have tons of helpful folks who are part of the thread (Based on experience). Do not hesitate to reach out in case you require any support!
Once again, I wish you all the very best for the upcoming application season! Godspeed!

Cheers,
Rajat
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
shazam1234 wrote:
gmatbugsme84 wrote:

In this years application, one has to specify the date on which one appeared for the GMAT so, adcom will most definitely know,not through GMAC but through the application itself.

Well, the school can certainly see the test date. But, I was under the impression that they did not care about the age of the score, as long as it is valid.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Hello folks,

I am ISB Co2016 student . This forum helped me a lot in my preparation last year. Its time to give back. Shoot out any question you may have regarding the school or the application process
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.7
WE:Corporate Finance (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Rajesh942 wrote:
Hello folks,

I am ISB Co2016 student . This forum helped me a lot in my preparation last year. Its time to give back. Shoot out any question you may have regarding the school or the application process

Hello Rajesh!! Would really appreciate it if you could shed some light on the kind of campus life and daily rigours of an ISB student in brief..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Operations, General Management
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
Hi,

I am a civil engineer from NIT with post graduation in construction management and 6.5 yrs experience in project planning and contract management.

I scored 610 (Q45 V28) in my first attempt and am planning to re take the GMAT next month. What would be a good score to have a fair chance of getting an interview call ? I have CPI 8.16 in post grads, CGPA 8.16 in B Tech, 81% in ISC (12th) and 90% in ICSE (10th).
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
soumyanandi wrote:
Hi,

I am a civil engineer from NIT with post graduation in construction management and 6.5 yrs experience in project planning and contract management.

I scored 610 (Q45 V28) in my first attempt and am planning to re take the GMAT next month. What would be a good score to have a fair chance of getting an interview call ? I have CPI 8.16 in post grads, CGPA 8.16 in B Tech, 81% in ISC (12th) and 90% in ICSE (10th).

while there are no good scores that will get you an interview, its always good to have 700+
if you score lower, you can still apply to ISB - submit a great application and hope for the best.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Kudos
Asheesh Nayak wrote:
Rajesh942 wrote:
Hello folks,

Hello Rajesh!! Would really appreciate it if you could shed some light on the kind of campus life and daily rigours of an ISB student in brief..

Since ISB runs one year PGP program, there is a perception that it will be too hectic. Program is so beautifully planned that you don't feel the rigor.

We have 4 hour classes for 4 days. Friday, saturday and sunday are off days so that students can engage in various networking events. Various professional clubs invite speakers from industries so that students can have better view of industry and expected job roles in the industry. One year here requires planning from student's side also to decide which event to attend. It is slightly difficult to attend all the events and maintain excellent academic record.

Apart from it, there are various social clubs for Music/photography/quizzing/Golf/Art/Theatre enthusiasts. And these clubs keep on organising events on regular basis.

ISB has all the facilities to relax in campus for students and spouses. Recreational center has gym, squash court, badminton court, swimming pool, basketball court, and other facilities. It is easy to squeeze an hour or so daily to use them.

In short, PGP program is rigorous but is easily manageable. Just one advice have some road map of what you want to get out of ISB. It will change once you come here but that discussion is for later stage.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Hi

It would be helpful if my profile would be evaluated with regard to my chances in ISB. The relevant information is as follows:

GMAT- 700. V40,Q47,AWA6,IR7
Class X- 94.2%
Class XII (Commerce)- 91.4%
BBA LLB(Hons.) from National Law University Jodhpur (Ranked among top 5 law schools in India). Was a member of Legal Aid Committee of the university and helped in organising various legal aid camps in and around the university campus.
GPA- 7.6/10- Among top 15 out of 80 students
Currently working with Securities and Exchange Board of India for 2 years and 2 months. Have been responsible for handling litigations relating to defending the interest of SEBI and ensure investor protection. Additionally, provide in house legal advice to various departments within SEBI.
I have completed foundation level of CS course and also completed 6 professional certification courses (in securities markets) offered by NSE.
Extra curricular activities:
Played badminton till district level and represented school team for 2 years.
Member of Legal Aid Committee in law school and helped organize legal aid camps in prisons and small districts surrounding university. Also acted in dramas in these legal aid camps.
6 week workshop on Jazz dancing culminating in a stage performance conducted by Danceworx(Ashley Lobo)
Trekking
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hi All,

I gave my GMAT today and scored a 700(Q49, V36).

Please let me know if as per Profile details and a good application, do I stand a chance in ISB.

Below are my profile details:

Work ex- 2 years in Financial operations in a big US Hedge fund firm.( M Just 23 years old :roll: )
Graduate in Bachelor of commerce from SRCC
12th- 96% CBSE
10th - 92% CBSE
CFA Level 1 December applicant.

I have always been a topper in my school/college.In extra curriculars- I am a dancer, taken part in many case study/quiz competitions at college level, been part of placement cell of my college, have done some voluntary work,and couple of other things.

My profile does not seem that interesting as I see people with 5-6 years of experience seeking to apply. Still, I want to know my options and start applying if possible.

Many thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi

Undergrad GPA : 3.2 (As per GMAC norms)
Work Experience : 2 years in Project Finance in a leading Infra company and currently 1 year into a business strategy role at one of the leading manufacturing companies.
GMAT score : 670
Class Xii - 80% (Commerce)
Chartered Accountant - 1st Attempt
CFA Level 1 cleared

Extra curricular activities : Won quiz competitions in school / Part of Shiamak Davar Dance academy for about 4 years (Featured in a few movies)

Would be able to get a really good recommendation.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  63   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts