Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 18:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Jones (Rice) Applicants! Fall 2013

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Apr 2013
Posts: 6
Location: United States
Schools: Jones '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
GPA: 3.78
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Jones (Rice) Applicants! Fall 2013 [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2013, 10:57
business2013 wrote:
Cali25 wrote:
Interviewed...everything in my application seems strong except for my sub-standard GMAT score. Hopefully it will be enough to get that call from Melissa. Now it is time to bite my nails until 10 May.


Good luck Cali25 ! I've got my interview this week, any suggestions/tips ?



How did the interview go? I hope our feedback was helpful.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Mar 2013
Posts: 4
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V39
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Jones (Rice) Applicants! Fall 2013 [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2013, 19:24
Cali25 wrote:
business2013 wrote:
Cali25 wrote:
Interviewed...everything in my application seems strong except for my sub-standard GMAT score. Hopefully it will be enough to get that call from Melissa. Now it is time to bite my nails until 10 May.


Good luck Cali25 ! I've got my interview this week, any suggestions/tips ?



How did the interview go? I hope our feedback was helpful.


The interview went well, the 2nd year MBA student who took my interview was very nice. She asked a few questions about my background and future goals etc. Pretty straightforward. All the information you all provided was directly instrumental, thank you again.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Apr 2013
Posts: 6
Location: United States
Schools: Jones '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
GPA: 3.78
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Jones (Rice) Applicants! Fall 2013 [#permalink] New post 08 May 2013, 09:11
Calls started yesterday (7 May). I am in with a great scholarship! Good luck to everyone waiting for the call from Melissa.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 May 2012
Posts: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.4
WE: Analyst (Military & Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Jones (Rice) Applicants! Fall 2013 [#permalink] New post 10 May 2013, 20:05
Admitted with a 50% scholarship. I would be using the Post 9/11 GI Bill, so I'm wondering how I would the scholarship would be used? Any help would be much appreciated.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 09 Feb 2013
Posts: 20
Schools: Jones '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Jones (Rice) Applicants! Fall 2013 [#permalink] New post 13 May 2013, 08:47
rmrose wrote:
Admitted with a 50% scholarship. I would be using the Post 9/11 GI Bill, so I'm wondering how I would the scholarship would be used? Any help would be much appreciated.


Congrats on the admit! I received a scholarship and will also be using the GI Bill for a few months. I would contact Rice's financial aid office/Salomon with any questions. He answered some of my questions about the GI Bill and financial aid. I would imagine that the scholarship reduces the amount of tuition owed and then the VA sends the funds to Rice and that further reduces tuition owed, and then the living stipend goes directly to you. Again, just ask the school to be sure!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Sep 2008
Posts: 6
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Jones (Rice) Applicants! Fall 2013 [#permalink] New post 14 May 2013, 05:16
I have received an admit from Jones in R3. I am yet to do all the paperwork . I am looking for an Indian who has received an admit from Jones
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Apr 2013
Posts: 6
Location: United States
Schools: Jones '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
GPA: 3.78
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Jones (Rice) Applicants! Fall 2013 [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 11:35
billb wrote:
rmrose wrote:
Admitted with a 50% scholarship. I would be using the Post 9/11 GI Bill, so I'm wondering how I would the scholarship would be used? Any help would be much appreciated.


Congrats on the admit! I received a scholarship and will also be using the GI Bill for a few months. I would contact Rice's financial aid office/Salomon with any questions. He answered some of my questions about the GI Bill and financial aid. I would imagine that the scholarship reduces the amount of tuition owed and then the VA sends the funds to Rice and that further reduces tuition owed, and then the living stipend goes directly to you. Again, just ask the school to be sure!


rmrose and billb,

Congrats! I am excited to meet you both soon. Here is what Salomon sent me regarding how my scholarship will work with my GI Bill:

"Our scholarships are considered non-restricted, meaning that they can be used for any portion of the cost of attendance (tuition and fees, living, books, etc.). Also long as the VA will cover all of your direct costs, then your scholarship will be refunded to you so you may use it for indirect expenses. To my knowledge, scholarships are not taxed – we can talk about this further as we get all the documents in and get a better idea of your funding resources."

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, PM me.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Sep 2008
Posts: 6
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Jones (Rice) Applicants! Fall 2013 [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 14:01
Hey Cali25,billb,rmrose

I too will be joining you guys.I am admitted with 78% scholarship
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Apr 2013
Posts: 6
Location: United States
Schools: Jones '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
GPA: 3.78
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Jones (Rice) Applicants! Fall 2013 [#permalink] New post 16 May 2013, 09:06
phoon wrote:
Hey Cali25,billb,rmrose

I too will be joining you guys.I am admitted with 78% scholarship


Congrats, phoon! Well done on the scholarship. It's going to be an incredible two years, everyone!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Dec 2012
Posts: 32
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Schools: HBS '15
GMAT Date: 09-21-2013
GPA: 3.51
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Jones (Rice) Applicants! Fall 2013 [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2013, 01:20
Just wondering, how many of you guys are getting funding/tuition reimbursement from your respective companies (especially O&G companies)? Also, I know Rice has a joint M.Eng/MBA program. Can this program be completed if we enroll for the professional MBA program?
Re: Calling all Jones (Rice) Applicants! Fall 2013   [#permalink] 12 Sep 2013, 01:20
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
45 Experts publish their posts in the topic Jones (Rice) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! souvik101990 352 25 Apr 2013, 07:52
37 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Jones (Rice) Applicants! Fall 2013 texigan 329 15 Sep 2012, 15:58
1 Rice University Jones 2012 - Calling All Applicants LifeChanger 137 07 Sep 2011, 05:22
7 Calling Jones Business School (Rice) Applicants - Fall 2011 adishail 308 11 Jan 2011, 10:39
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Jones (Rice) Applicants! Fall 2013

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   [ 330 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.