Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 10:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kelley (Indiana) 2013 Applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Expert Post
4 KUDOS received
MBA Section Director
User avatar
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 1718
Location: India
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 671

Kudos [?]: 2891 [4] , given: 883

Calling all Kelley (Indiana) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2012, 10:23
4
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
4
This post was
BOOKMARKED

Kelley (Indiana) School of Business



Image

Kelley (Indiana) Applicant Summary for 2013(Real time)



GMATClub Vs Kelley Latest Intake (Class of 2014)



Kelley GMATClub Applicant list



GMATClub Applicant Real time Statistics



International Mobility

Alumni who moved countries following their programme(per cent)
Image

Company internships

Alumni who completed a company internship and received a job offer from the host company (per cent)
Image

Current job title

Alumni job titles three years after graduation (per cent)
Image

Current sector

Sector of employment three years after graduation (per cent)
Image


Edit: Intake Updated

_________________

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 12269
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2293

Kudos [?]: 9027 [0], given: 3676

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Kelley (Indiana) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2012, 10:41
Expert's post
Fantastic - thank you for getting this going!!!
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Feb 2011
Posts: 87
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling all Kelley (Indiana) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 01:49
Hi All, Submitted my app for R1
BSchool Thread Master
User avatar
Status: If you think you can, then eventually you WILL!
Joined: 05 Apr 2011
Posts: 431
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Schools: XLRI (A)
GMAT 1: 570 Q49 V19
GMAT 2: 700 Q51 V31
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 58

Kudos [?]: 249 [0], given: 44

Premium Member
Re: Calling all Kelley (Indiana) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 08:16
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Feb 2011
Posts: 87
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 3 [2] , given: 7

Re: Calling all Kelley (Indiana) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2012, 02:45
2
This post received
KUDOS
Got an interview invite today... Any1 else on the same boat?
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Section Director
User avatar
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 1718
Location: India
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 671

Kudos [?]: 2891 [1] , given: 883

Re: Calling all Kelley (Indiana) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2012, 05:49
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Nov 2011
Posts: 6
Schools: Thunderbird '16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Kelley (Indiana) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2012, 07:43
gandalf007 wrote:
Got an interview invite today... Any1 else on the same boat?


Congrats !!!!!!!! Btw when did u submit your app .....
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Feb 2011
Posts: 87
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling all Kelley (Indiana) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2012, 20:07
Thanks..:) I submitted for R1 (Oct 15th)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Nov 2011
Posts: 6
Schools: Thunderbird '16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Kelley (Indiana) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2012, 08:35
Nice .... Even i submitted for round 1 on Oct 14 ....No news yet ... Can u share ur profile ..
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Oct 2012
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kelley (Indiana) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2012, 18:14
Hello All,

I am a 1st year student at the Kelley School. Currently, going through the popular Integrated Core; will try to be frequent here and help you answer all the queries you may have.

Best,
KelleyMBA
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 6
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
WE: Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Kelley (Indiana) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2012, 18:27
1
This post received
KUDOS
Also a first-year at Kelley and happy to answer any questions!

A good site to check out in order to get a feel for your fit is the "kelleymba" blogspot (sorry, I'm apparently too new to post links).

Cheers!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Posts: 107
Location: Guatemala
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 50

Re: Calling all Kelley (Indiana) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2012, 23:13
International student here, submitted & interviewed already.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 02 Nov 2012
Posts: 95
Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
WE: Other (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 35

Re: Calling all Kelley (Indiana) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2012, 02:22
Sharpie wrote:
International student here, submitted & interviewed already.


Awesome congrats! How did the interview go?
_________________

TH

Give me +1 Kudos if my post helped!

"Follow your passion. Change the world."

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 06 Jun 2011
Posts: 149
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Schools: Anderson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 25

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kelley (Indiana) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2012, 07:35
Good luck to everyone applying. I didn't apply, but was able to attend a recruiting event last year, which was a lot of fun. The Kelley folks were extremely gracious and did a great job representing the school.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Posts: 107
Location: Guatemala
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 31 [1] , given: 50

Re: Calling all Kelley (Indiana) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2012, 11:23
1
This post received
KUDOS
th03 wrote:
Sharpie wrote:
International student here, submitted & interviewed already.


Awesome congrats! How did the interview go?


It went well, it was with a second year student, very enthusiastic and engaged in the conversation. Expect why MBA, why Kelley, post MBA plans.
5 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 6
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
WE: Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [5] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Kelley (Indiana) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2012, 12:26
5
This post received
KUDOS
Just to brag about my school a little more - the new BusinessWeek rankings recently came out. Kelley jumped from #19 to #15, and we are now #1 for "Most Satisfied Students" and "Best Teachers".

That's no embellishment... we love it here! If you're able, a visit to the campus to understand the camaraderie is well worth it.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 12 Jul 2012
Posts: 20
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
WE: Accounting (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 51

Re: Calling all Kelley (Indiana) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2012, 02:50
Hey Hoosierdaddy (lol), I did see Kelley's Businessweek ranking... I'm in Chicago and can actually drive out for a visit, time permitting.

If I may, what were your other potential B-school choices and why Kelley?

Mike
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 6
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
WE: Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [2] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Kelley (Indiana) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2012, 20:35
2
This post received
KUDOS
Hey Mike,

Kelley wasn't really center on my radar until I visited the school during Kelley Experience Weekend in April. The first thing that stuck out to me was the quality of the answers in the case discussion. The answers from the students during the discussion were relevant without being cookie-cutter, constructive without be scathing. This, coupled with the quality of the faculty, definitely boosted my impression of the school. Admittedly, during undergrad my parents paid for my education and I only cared about getting the grade rather than actually absorbing the material. But a funny thing happens when you pay for your own education - you want to soak in all the learning that you can, and I thought Kelley would make the material most relevant to me as a professional. (FYI, it has - I have learned more in 4 months than I did in 4 years as a finance major). The small class size also plays a major factor in this - something I didn't really consider.

Also, the alumni base is apparently the largest in the nation (I think it is augmented by our online program, but nonetheless, this was encouraging). Moreover, the alumni base is extremely friendly. I was looking at some West Coast schools (UC Irvine, USC), and was worried that Kelley wouldn't give me access to those regions. But because of the size and alacrity of our alumni base, you can basically network anywhere in the country with ease. The amount of contacts I have made on the West Coast thus far has almost been more than I can handle.

Finally, in choosing between other schools, I had to look at the ROI. Kelley provided me with a pretty generous scholarship, which sweetened the deal quite a bit. Apparently, Kelley managed its budget very well during the economic downturn (no wonder - our dean recently stepped down to become president of the IU Foundation), and has been able to offer nice scholarships while other schools simply couldn't. When you take into account the scholarship, and weigh what you are paying for tuition versus what you will earn after graduation, the ROI rivals the ivy-league schools.

There's a myriad of other unexpected benefits about Kelley that I didn't fully realize until coming here (beautiful campus, basketball mania, quirky/vibrant downtown), and I am positive I found the best value, fit, and education quality possible. I hope this helps! Best of luck with your search, and feel free to PM with any and every other question you may have.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 15 Jun 2010
Posts: 363
Schools: IE'14, ISB'14, Kellogg'15
WE 1: 7 Yrs in Automobile (Commercial Vehicle industry)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 166 [0], given: 50

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kelley (Indiana) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2012, 20:44
Hi HoosierDaddy14

I am from India. I dont have a toefl score. my gmat is 710 (49,40). And i have studied in English Instruction from School to college. Can I ask for a waiver or TOEFL is mandatory.
_________________

Regards
SD
-----------------------------
Press Kudos if you like my post.
Debrief 610-540-580-710(Long Journey): from-600-540-580-710-finally-achieved-in-4th-attempt-142456.html

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 12 Jul 2012
Posts: 20
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
WE: Accounting (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 51

Re: Calling all Kelley (Indiana) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2012, 10:06
HoosierDaddy14 wrote:
Hey Mike,

Kelley wasn't really center on my radar until I visited the school during Kelley Experience Weekend in April. The first thing that stuck out to me was the quality of the answers in the case discussion. The answers from the students during the discussion were relevant without being cookie-cutter, constructive without be scathing. This, coupled with the quality of the faculty, definitely boosted my impression of the school. Admittedly, during undergrad my parents paid for my education and I only cared about getting the grade rather than actually absorbing the material. But a funny thing happens when you pay for your own education - you want to soak in all the learning that you can, and I thought Kelley would make the material most relevant to me as a professional. (FYI, it has - I have learned more in 4 months than I did in 4 years as a finance major). The small class size also plays a major factor in this - something I didn't really consider.

Also, the alumni base is apparently the largest in the nation (I think it is augmented by our online program, but nonetheless, this was encouraging). Moreover, the alumni base is extremely friendly. I was looking at some West Coast schools (UC Irvine, USC), and was worried that Kelley wouldn't give me access to those regions. But because of the size and alacrity of our alumni base, you can basically network anywhere in the country with ease. The amount of contacts I have made on the West Coast thus far has almost been more than I can handle.

Finally, in choosing between other schools, I had to look at the ROI. Kelley provided me with a pretty generous scholarship, which sweetened the deal quite a bit. Apparently, Kelley managed its budget very well during the economic downturn (no wonder - our dean recently stepped down to become president of the IU Foundation), and has been able to offer nice scholarships while other schools simply couldn't. When you take into account the scholarship, and weigh what you are paying for tuition versus what you will earn after graduation, the ROI rivals the ivy-league schools.

There's a myriad of other unexpected benefits about Kelley that I didn't fully realize until coming here (beautiful campus, basketball mania, quirky/vibrant downtown), and I am positive I found the best value, fit, and education quality possible. I hope this helps! Best of luck with your search, and feel free to PM with any and every other question you may have.


Awesome -- excellent response! Your points hit on a lot of areas that are important to me: learning/academic environment, the west coast, ROI and campus life. I am going to the Chicago event next week so I hope to learn more there. I will be in touch; thanks again HD.

- Mike
Re: Calling all Kelley (Indiana) 2013 Applicants!   [#permalink] 26 Nov 2012, 10:06
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
46 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Kelley (Indiana) 2013 Applicants! souvik101990 201 05 Oct 2012, 10:23
Experts publish their posts in the topic Kelley (Indiana) MSIS 2013 - Calling all applicants souvik101990 0 15 Feb 2013, 07:15
2 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants kdkull 182 10 Nov 2009, 14:59
1 Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2009 Applicants Dell876 25 11 Dec 2008, 11:25
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Kelley (Indiana) 2013 Applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11    Next  [ 202 posts ] 



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.