Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:32 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 ! [#permalink]
Serza wrote:
When will they start making offers?

I believe all decisions are released on 17 Dec.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Why I Chose Kellogg: Will Tompkins ’15

ABOUT THE TWO-YEAR PROGRAM

Our Two-Year MBA Program is for students who want to gain the confidence to lead boldly and challenge conventional thinking in the global marketplace. You will build core management skills and then move on to specialized electives that reflect their areas of interest. Whether you are inside or outside the classroom, you will learn to lead by practicing in an environment that gives you an opportunity to try new things.

After you complete the required courses, you will have the opportunity to customize your experience through a wide range of electives and more than 1,000 experiential learning opportunities. The program is also proud to offer an unparalleled number of global learning options, including 37 exchange programs across 20 countries.

Learn more about the Two-Year MBA Program.

Request info about Kellogg.

Apply to Kellogg.

Filed under: Student Life Tagged: 2Y, dak, day at kellogg, MBA Program, Two-Year, Why I Chose Kellogg
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
GrantMeAdmission wrote:
Tomorrow is my interview!!!! Pretty excited!

How did it go??

Last night I had a dream that I got accepted. That has to be a good sign right?!? I like to think about happy I'd be to be accepted. It makes the day goes by faster.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.25
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Had my interview today, felt like I did well. Overall the interview was very low key and conversational.

Questions:

Walk me through your resume.
Why MBA?
Why Kellogg?
What would your current boss say about you?
Tell me about a leadership experience you had.
Anything that you want to add that's not on your resume or in your application?

Mostly we just talked and I think we answered most questions through conversation.

Best of Luck...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
did anybody ever get a clear answer on what the video essay date changes mean? my guess is that it happens whenever someone one their end watches the video
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
PMD8833 wrote:
did anybody ever get a clear answer on what the video essay date changes mean? my guess is that it happens whenever someone one their end watches the video

I have a similar feel!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
sachdix wrote:
PMD8833 wrote:

I have a similar feel!!

I wouldn't read too much into it...I think it's just a technical glitch that actually reflects the timestamp of the date of your access.
That is, I 've been logging in and out since I submitted my application (9/22).
Every time I log in, the date just reflects the login date.
I doubt they've watched my video 50+ times.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
kelloggcookiemonster wrote:
sachdix wrote:
PMD8833 wrote:

I have a similar feel!!

I wouldn't read too much into it...I think it's just a technical glitch that actually reflects the timestamp of the date of your access.

That's not it. I've logged in to view my account multiple times and mine still says 9/25.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Send PM
Just got an email from Kellogg informing me that my interview has been waived due to unavailability of any alumni in my area (New Delhi, India).
I guess that is just a sweet way to tell me that I am not worth their time.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Digvijay01 wrote:
Just got a waiver of interview from Kellogg stating that there are no alums in my area, which is Hyderabad-India. I can't believe that. Hyderabad will boast of some alums of Kellogg.. Are my fears true and is it Kellogg's way of politely refusing a shot at their seat in their incoming class..?? Dreading the worse now...

Has there been someone in the past who got selected without interview. ?

Hey! So I'm from the Hyderabad-India region as well and my interview got waived. However, I do know of people who have gotten through after having their interview waived. It would be nice though if somebody had some stats on what percentage get in after having their interview waived. Good luck buddy!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Copying a post from past years to calm us Indians whose interview got waived!!

str1der wrote:

To everyone applying from India. I am a reapplicant and hence am acquainted with how the process works. Let me detail it as I am sure it will calm some nerves:

1. Kellogg, by design, interviews each applicant. However, in areas of high demand of interviews such as India, it is not possible for them to match their alumni to each applicant as each alumni can do only as many interviews
2. Once both Part 1 and Part 2 are submitted, one of the following three scenarios will occur:

i. You will be invited to interview on a day in late Oct/Early Nov. This is essentially an interview day - many alumni will gather at a hotel and many applicants will be interviewed. No clear formula on how the invitees are decided, but I think it depends on who submtited Part 1 earlier as from Kellogg's vantage point everyone has to be interviewed and hence no one is at a higher or lower priority at that point. Once the interview has been completed, the adcom will review your essays and recommendations and you then sit tight until the decision date to hear back from them.

ii. You will get an interview waiver. The Kellogg team does NOT read an applicant's file until their interview is complete. Hence, to avoid delays, they start reading the application first for those in India who weren't sent invited in the first go. The waiver does NOT affect your application negatively - it just means that they are waiving your interview in order to begin reviewing your application

iii. If they like your application, you will receive an invitation to interview. This will be a one to one with an alumnus here, or a Skype with the adcom in Chicago

iv. It may also happen that you don't get this invite after the waiver, in which case it is safe to assume you have been dinged

3. Hence, unlike other countries, in India Kellogg does NOT interview everyone. Also, most people receive a waiver which can then convert/not convert into an interview invite at a later stage.
4. You will NOT be admitted to the program without an interview. Hence, if after the waiver you do not receive an invite, it means you have been dinged.
5. Dates: Please read last year's thread. If I recall correctly, people received the first invites 2 weeks after the Part 2 deadline. People who first received a waiver and then an invite (such as me) kept hearing throughout November. I got my invite around Mid Nov.
6. Hence, if by end Nov you haven't heard from them after a waiver, safe to move on to alternate plans
7. Most people in India will get a waiver - it will test your nerves (tested mine) but it is actually a blessing in disguise. If you receive an invite after a waiver, that means the adcom liked your application and wants to know more - that is a positive sign any day of the year

Hope this answers your queries. Indian applicants should NOT compare their interview timeline to foreign applicants.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [1]
Given Kudos: 63
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Kudos
sachdix wrote:
Copying a post from past years to calm us Indians whose interview got waived!!

str1der wrote:

To everyone applying from India. I am a reapplicant and hence am acquainted with how the process works. Let me detail it as I am sure it will calm some nerves:

1. Kellogg, by design, interviews each applicant. However, in areas of high demand of interviews such as India, it is not possible for them to match their alumni to each applicant as each alumni can do only as many interviews
2. Once both Part 1 and Part 2 are submitted, one of the following three scenarios will occur:

i. You will be invited to interview on a day in late Oct/Early Nov. This is essentially an interview day - many alumni will gather at a hotel and many applicants will be interviewed. No clear formula on how the invitees are decided, but I think it depends on who submtited Part 1 earlier as from Kellogg's vantage point everyone has to be interviewed and hence no one is at a higher or lower priority at that point. Once the interview has been completed, the adcom will review your essays and recommendations and you then sit tight until the decision date to hear back from them.

ii. You will get an interview waiver. The Kellogg team does NOT read an applicant's file until their interview is complete. Hence, to avoid delays, they start reading the application first for those in India who weren't sent invited in the first go. The waiver does NOT affect your application negatively - it just means that they are waiving your interview in order to begin reviewing your application

iii. If they like your application, you will receive an invitation to interview. This will be a one to one with an alumnus here, or a Skype with the adcom in Chicago

iv. It may also happen that you don't get this invite after the waiver, in which case it is safe to assume you have been dinged

3. Hence, unlike other countries, in India Kellogg does NOT interview everyone. Also, most people receive a waiver which can then convert/not convert into an interview invite at a later stage.
4. You will NOT be admitted to the program without an interview. Hence, if after the waiver you do not receive an invite, it means you have been dinged.
5. Dates: Please read last year's thread. If I recall correctly, people received the first invites 2 weeks after the Part 2 deadline. People who first received a waiver and then an invite (such as me) kept hearing throughout November. I got my invite around Mid Nov.
6. Hence, if by end Nov you haven't heard from them after a waiver, safe to move on to alternate plans
7. Most people in India will get a waiver - it will test your nerves (tested mine) but it is actually a blessing in disguise. If you receive an invite after a waiver, that means the adcom liked your application and wants to know more - that is a positive sign any day of the year

Hope this answers your queries. Indian applicants should NOT compare their interview timeline to foreign applicants.

I 100% agree with this. I know a lot of Indians who got an invite (mostly by skype) after a waiver. A good portion was accepted finally.

BTW, I got a waiver as well. I just hope that they like my application and I get an interview invite soon.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
Send PM
kelloggcookiemonster wrote:
sachdix wrote:
PMD8833 wrote:

I have a similar feel!!

Not too sure about that. I logged in today - after reading this thread - and mine had a time stamp of the 28th.

With that said, has anyone seen their interview completion reflected in the portal?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos