Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:39 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 82 [5]
Given Kudos: 87
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GRE 1: Q170 V160
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
That is quite comprehensive and helpful.
Did the alum shed light on how often people with waiver get called for interviews at a later date (before the deadline)?

popov wrote:
Ok.. This is what I learned about waiver from alumni and current R1 accepted student.

Waiver means they will start reviewing our application right now, without waiting for interview.

Waiver can be a semi ding or unambiguous phase, depending upon what happens by the deadline 27th Feb.

Case 0: Present situation- it has no meaning, except that your file is being reviewed now. It can go into case 1 or 2 from here.
Case 1: If one is in waiver phase by the deadline, then consider it as a ding, although no one will get a formal email. From past experience, no one with a waiver has got in!!
Case 2: If one gets an interview invite (most likely with adcoms) by the deadline, then it is positive sign and chances of acceptance are high!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
Send PM
ABS19 wrote:
Same here. From Bangalore. Anybody from India got an interview invite in R2? When did you apply?

Got interview invite on Feb 1. interviewed on Feb 9. applied in the last minute of R2 deadline. Wish you luck.
I am an indian applicant from Chennai. I can tell you one thing. When they sent me link to schedule my interview the slots were almost full. Only a couple of choices left for me. May be what you hear is the truth. The interview slots are full and so you got a waiver?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Does this mean whoever haven't got a chance to interview until now would have got an email from the adcom with an interview waiver? Or again is there any selection for the interview waiver as well (People who might still have a bleak chance vs no interview at all)?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 82 [0]
Given Kudos: 87
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GRE 1: Q170 V160
Send PM
Manali21 wrote:
Did the alum shed light on how often people with waiver get called for interviews at a later date (before the deadline)?

popov wrote:
Ok.. This is what I learned about waiver from alumni and current R1 accepted student.

Waiver means they will start reviewing our application right now, without waiting for interview.

Waiver can be a semi ding or unambiguous phase, depending upon what happens by the deadline 27th Feb.

Case 0: Present situation- it has no meaning, except that your file is being reviewed now. It can go into case 1 or 2 from here.
Case 1: If one is in waiver phase by the deadline, then consider it as a ding, although no one will get a formal email. From past experience, no one with a waiver has got in!!
Case 2: If one gets an interview invite (most likely with adcoms) by the deadline, then it is positive sign and chances of acceptance are high!!

First of all these cases are as per my inference from dicussions with alumn n that r1 guy. They are not direct statements from them.

To your question, I didn't ask alumn about that percentage. I think only the one with detailed data analysis would be able to answer this. The alumn himself had a waiver and later(over a week) was invited and interviewed by adcom.

I would say, now the interview may be more like application based as other schools have than free default one like we were expecting from Kellogg. Although there is no formal source for this logic, but its logical to me. Because why would an adcom spend their time, which is already short, on waived off guys after reading their applications and finding them not so interesting!!! So logically they would invite only those whose applications they find interesting.
Intern
Intern
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
True!

I wasn't looking for a number or a percentage per se. Just that it happens, or is common.
This is because only 16 days are left for the deadline and it definitely seems difficult that the adcom would call us for interview now.
But yes, does give a bit of hope.

popov wrote:
Manali21 wrote:

popov wrote:

First of all these cases are as per my inference from dicussions with alumn n that r1 guy. They are not direct statements from them.

To your question, I didn't ask alumn about that percentage. I think only the one with detailed data analysis would be able to answer this. The alumn himself had a waiver and later(over a week) was invited and interviewed by adcom.

I would say, now the interview may be more like application based as other schools have than free default one like we were expecting from Kellogg. Although there is no formal source for this logic, but its logical to me. Because why would an adcom spend their time, which is already short, on waived off guys after reading their applications and finding them not so interesting!!! So logically they would invite only those whose applications they find interesting.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
GMAT 1: 580 Q36 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q46 V35
WE:Public Relations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Hi everybody,

Just a quick update.

I got a interview waiver yesterday.An email saying that they were waiving my interview requirement so as not to delay the processing of my application.

I don't think there is much time left for an interview invite by Feb 27... :(

Anyone in the same boat?

Good luck to you all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
popov wrote:

I have a question here: If they start reading the application after the interview, how doe they decide which candidates get waiver and which get invited for alumni/adcom interview?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [2]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
BlueDonkey wrote:
popov wrote:

I have a question here: If they start reading the application after the interview, how doe they decide which candidates get waiver and which get invited for alumni/adcom interview?

The waivers are decided if you select "off-campus" interviews and they are not able to pair you up with an alumnus in your area. 2 cases happen when Kellogg adcoms contact the alumni:

1. The alumni reply back about their availabilities in respectable time frame ---> invites are sent out and applications are then read.
2. The alumni do not reply back to their emails in time ---> waiver of interviews --> process to the next step ---> call for interviews (via skype) for some

Hope this helps in alleviating some of the concerns expressed here. I know it is difficult to make sense of this process but you need to let it play out till Feb 27th.

Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 690 Q51 V30
Send PM
Interview waived. More tensed now.!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
Engr2012 wrote:
BlueDonkey wrote:
popov wrote:

The waivers are decided if you select "off-campus" interviews and they are not able to pair you up with an alumnus in your area. 2 cases happen when Kellogg adcoms contact the alumni:

1. The alumni reply back about their availabilities in respectable time frame ---> invites are sent out and applications are then read.
2. The alumni do not reply back to their emails in time ---> waiver of interviews --> process to the next step ---> call for interviews (via skype) for some

Hope this helps in alleviating some of the concerns expressed here. I know it is difficult to make sense of this process but you need to let it play out till Feb 27th.

Good luck.

To further complicate, I have a skype interview with adcom and w/o being waived. Any explanations for that ?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Send PM
BlueDonkey wrote:
Engr2012 wrote:

Good luck.

To further complicate, I have a skype interview with adcom and w/o being waived. Any explanations for that ?

That is interesting and good for you! What I mentioned above was what I have seen in R1. There might be other deviations from the norm.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Engr2012 wrote:
BlueDonkey wrote:
popov wrote:

Good luck.

My concern then is that I wasn't given an alternative method like Skype. I would assume this means waitlist/ding. I also heard that calling and requesting an interview via Skype or some other method would be a fruitless endeavor if they didn't already offer you an alternative, is that correct?

I read someone else's comment that no one can find evidence of someone who received no interview at all getting an invite to attend the school.

Not trying to be negative at all, just trying to make peace with all of it. Thanks so much!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Send PM
BenMBAOver30 wrote:

My concern then is that I wasn't given an alternative method like Skype. I would assume this means waitlist/ding. I also heard that calling and requesting an interview via Skype or some other method would be a fruitless endeavor if they didn't already offer you an alternative, is that correct?

I read someone else's comment that no one can find evidence of someone who received no interview at all getting an invite to attend the school.

Not trying to be negative at all, just trying to make peace with all of it. Thanks so much!

I think this particular conversation has ceased to be effective as no one but members of the admissions committee will know all the answers to your questions. I presented the information that I was able to infer from R1 process. Sending emails or making calls to the adcoms is more often than not a nuisance than anything else. This is true for all schools and not just Kellogg. Let the adcoms do their due process. I understand that you are anxious but there is nothing that you will gain by reading too much into the statements or over analysing them.

Kellogg needs all interviews to be completed by 27th. Till then, sit tight. Sooner or later they will send out more invites.

I agree that no one has found any evidence to support that there are candidates who got admitted without an interview. I have not heard such a thing happening in the top schools. You must be interviewed in order to be admitted.

Good luck.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Solving the housing headache for international students

By Johnathan Thomas

For international students coming to the U.S., it can feel that housing options are limited. International grad students often come to the conclusion that campus housing is the only housing option available, especially when non-campus housing options have a reputation for being expensive, inconvenient or unreliable.

That’s where Rolando Manzo, a second-year Kellogg student, and I come in.

Together we founded FullyScreened, a venture that helps international students navigate the complicated housing process, all while making them feel more at home when they arrive in the U.S.

I first met Rolando in our New Venture Discovery class, where on the first day, students pitched business ideas to their classmates, then flesh out those ideas in teams of five to seven students. We independently pitched the same idea and decided during the class break to team up and try to recruit others to join our cause. Although unsuccessful in making our idea the overall class project, we decided to work on the concept outside of class.

Since meeting at the beginning of the fall quarter, we’ve grown our idea into a real company. We’ve presented on startup panels, recruited the help of other students, pitched to potential partners and investors, and even piloted our service to a few winter exchange students. This venture’s journey has not gone without pivots, however. We changed directions as our assumptions were invalidated and our beliefs were updated.

Today, FullyScreened offers international grad students the opportunity to work with a realtor who understands the unique challenges of renting abroad. We help students find the ideal apartment, vet landlords and review leasing contracts. We also work in partnership with grad schools to overcome any verification fears landlords might have when working with international students.

Through our venture, Rolando and I are members of Kellogg’s Entrepreneurs Organization (KEO), where we bond and network with other student CEOs and support one another through our journeys. The resources provided through KEO and The Garage at Northwestern have been extremely helpful in our progress to date.

Early this quarter, we were accepted into the inaugural class of The Garage’s accelerator, Wildfire. We are excited to receive mentorship from talented entrepreneurs and develop our platforms as we grow our business and head into our New Venture Launch course.

Learn more about Kellogg’s One-Year MBA program.

Johnathan Thomas is a student in Kellogg’s One-Year MBA Program. In addition to being Founder and CEO of FullyScreened, he is also a licensed realtor by the state of Illinois and Founder and GM of The Thomas Estates, owning and managing seven apartment units in Minneapolis, MN. At Kellogg, he serves as the 1Y KSA Career Chair and 1Y CIM Leader. Prior to Kellogg, he worked for MyGuru as a Market Lead and as an adjunct professor at Robert Morris University.

Filed under: Academics, Student Life, Uncategorized Tagged: entrepreneurship, housing, Innovation, One-Year MBA Program, Startup
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
Hello,

I have a question about skype interview date. For those who received a skype interview, were you given a fixed interview date or multiple options that you could select in the interview registration system? If the latter, does the skype interview mail mention the latest date to complete the skype interview? Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q43 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
hey , yeah i was given options . Not too many as slots get filled out really really fast. So for me it was between 2 dates and time slot was the same for each of those dates . my mail mentioned that i needed to select an interview date before xxx date. and once a date was selected, i got an email confirming the appointment. Best of luck!!
popup wrote:
Hello,

I have a question about skype interview date. For those who received a skype interview, were you given a fixed interview date or multiple options that you could select in the interview registration system? If the latter, does the skype interview mail mention the latest date to complete the skype interview? Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
Dhananjai1990 wrote:
hey , yeah i was given options . Not too many as slots get filled out really really fast. So for me it was between 2 dates and time slot was the same for each of those dates . my mail mentioned that i needed to select an interview date before xxx date. and once a date was selected, i got an email confirming the appointment. Best of luck!!
popup wrote:
Hello,

Oh, I see. Thank you very much, Dhananjai!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  46   47   48   49   50   51   52  ...  58   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts