Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 18:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Schools: Harvard '11
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 28

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2008, 17:47
riverripper wrote:
Though Kry joined, I think he is a member of every facebook group. I think he is basing his decision on who has the hottest girls or something.

Good move Kry...I will be THAT guy next year :)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 64

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2008, 18:00
riverripper wrote:
Though Kry joined, I think he is a member of every facebook group. I think he is basing his decision on who has the hottest girls or something.

Hahaha, I'm just a people person... :P

GMAT Club Knowledge Vault:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/123
Haas Ambassador
http://gmatclub.com/forum/128-t62555
Kryzak's Profile:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/111-t56286
Member Essays:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/103-t50969

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2008, 18:07
hey toga, sorry to hear about the ding man... but it sounded like you're heart is in Asia, and HKUST is a VERY good school for you!

I'll see you when I start traveling to Asia!!!

Haas Ambassador
Kryzak's Profile:
Member Essays:

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2008, 19:20
Was a productive day for me! Mailed my deposit, secured a roommate, and found leads on an apartment :)
Director
Director
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 132 [0], given: 10

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2008, 01:37
kryzak wrote:
hey toga, sorry to hear about the ding man... but it sounded like you're heart is in Asia, and HKUST is a VERY good school for you!

I'll see you when I start traveling to Asia!!!

Sure, that`ll be cool. One thing i won`t have to worry about now is loans.
We ought to have some sort of networking function within GMATclub... almost like a GMAT Club Alumni network.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 692 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2008, 13:06
Tons of dings on BW today, hope you guys survived the latest round.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2008, 13:09
I feel bad for them.. I am still on board though - THank GOD!..

Success is my only option, failure is not -- Eminem

Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2008, 13:20
With decision day on Monday, we only have 1.5 more days left.

Riverripper, did you see admits on the last day in Rd1?
VP
VP
Followers: 18

Kudos [?]: 108 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2008, 13:29
trojan812 wrote:
With decision day on Monday, we only have 1.5 more days left.

Riverripper, did you see admits on the last day in Rd1?

I'm not River, but I personally met a guy at DAK who got a phone call at 5PM CST on the LAST day.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2008, 13:52
Faceman got called at 5:50pm est on decision day. So people definitely get in up until the last last second. No matter what, once you are in you are in. No difference between the person admitted first or last.

Good luck guys, there is still time.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2008, 14:48
Thanks for the insight. I'm eagerly waiting for decisions on multiple schools and I'd love to go to Kellogg.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2008, 17:26
hang tight everyone, I'm sure there will be a few more of you I'll see at DAK :P

Haas Ambassador
Kryzak's Profile:
Member Essays:

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2008, 17:37
After seeing the USnews ranking, it seems to have put to rest the rumors that Kellogg would be falling in the rankings. It seems like there was a lot said this year about how Kellogg image was starting to suffer. I was always curious where this perception came from, other than maybe just internet chatter. They still did excellent with recruiters and peer views, the only thing that trails is the overall salary which can be explained by so many folks compared to other schools heading to Marketing and other GM type positions where the pay is 10k+ less than IB and MC jobs.

I think that this will have a positive affect next year. Going 5 to 4 is not huge but I think if they had gone 5 to 6 people would have jumped all over that. Showing just a slight uptick proves that its brand is not weakening as seemed to be a fairly common statement this year.

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2008, 18:07
I am very glad to see that Kellogg has "moved up" to its rightful place, tied with MIT and GSB. The three schools are solidly the next "sub-tier" behind H/S/W, even exceeding Wharton in some fields (tech, marketing). Glad the whole "dropping" rumor got dispelled.

Haas Ambassador
Kryzak's Profile:
Member Essays:

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2008, 07:47
kryzak wrote:
congrats on Wharton, kalia! I think I saw your post on BW too. Keep participating on GMATClub! :)

Thanks for the well wishes Kry! I took the day off to celebrate and for the first time in months did not log into GMAT club!!

For those of you still waiting, I wish you lots of luck in the final few days!! I'm sure there is still good news to come =)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2008, 10:13
Alright R1 deposits are due Wednesday (the 2nd) so deposits should be mailed in tomorrow or tuesday if you like pushing the limit and plan on spending $20 to overnight it.

Who we dont know about yet:
nervousgmat: ??? you mail that check yet?
lebcar: disappeared (6 posts)
jenjen: disappeared (2 posts)

Already made their decisions.
RiverRipper: Matriculating
mba2010: Matriculating
faceman: Matriculating
ApolloLuna: Matriculating
CfaMiami: Matriculating
steel: Matriculating
MGOBLUE2: Matriculating
BCC145: ACCEPTED Withdrawn for Wharton

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2008, 11:43
Not sure I really think Kellogg has 'moved up'...i think its held fairly steady right behind H/S/W.

I think the real mover up in the past 5-10 years has been GSB. And the real move down has been Columbia. GSB's new facility, the hiring away of Rose, and events like GSB Live show its committment to recruiting. What other M7 recruits as well as GSB? I tip my hat off to the school for putting resources into improving its perception.

kryzak wrote:
I am very glad to see that Kellogg has "moved up" to its rightful place, tied with MIT and GSB. The three schools are solidly the next "sub-tier" behind H/S/W, even exceeding Wharton in some fields (tech, marketing). Glad the whole "dropping" rumor got dispelled.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2008, 11:59
MGOBLUE2 wrote:
Not sure I really think Kellogg has 'moved up'...i think its held fairly steady right behind H/S/W.

I think the real mover up in the past 5-10 years has been GSB. And the real move down has been Columbia. GSB's new facility, the hiring away of Rose, and events like GSB Live show its committment to recruiting. What other M7 recruits as well as GSB? I tip my hat off to the school for putting resources into improving its perception.

kryzak wrote:

Agreed, Kellogg has always been a top 5 school, well at least as long as I can find rankings. It just seemed this year a lot of folks online were saying its standing was starting to fall but I think thats probably a function of dropping in the USnews and BW during the last ranking.

A lot of schools could definitely learn something about recruiting from GSB.

Director
Director
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 132 [0], given: 10

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2008, 15:01
no news from the remaining people waiting?

Looks like lots of GMAT clubbers there. Hopefully i`ll be there in a years time on exchange :lol:
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2008, 15:28
Lebcar and jenjen werent active posters so its not surprising we dont know what their decision is. I am interested to hear where nervous stands since she just was at Duke's admit weekend. I guess she will let us know if Kellogg gets that $1,000 check...she can always change her mind after the deposit though.

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants   [#permalink] 30 Mar 2008, 15:28