Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Dec 2014, 19:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 06 Aug 2006
Posts: 328
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2007, 20:03
kryzak wrote:
Dabots is right, stress is getting to me... :(

Anyway, I didn't even realize this thread was about Kellogg, my bad!

I filled out Part I, but still having the debate of whether to split my 6 year work experience at the same company over 2-3 entries in the application form or keep them in one (using the 7 line limit). Also debating whether to do on campus or off campus interviews... any suggestions?

Essay work is an interesting experience for us - it makes us understand where we are strong and where we have place for improvement and thinking about those areas while seeing "ideal" people around brings dissonance into the life. Deadlines make this psychological work also stressful. If we pass all the hurdles, we shall be able to cope with almost any situation, keeping self-confidence.

For interview I would prefer on-campus, because of its supposedly higher value than off-campus. Also, this interview could be more professional.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
User avatar
Status: Um... what do you want to know?
Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 5464
Location: SF, CA, USA
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 66

Kudos [?]: 344 [0], given: 14

 [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2007, 21:42
thanks for the support guys, we're all in the same boat.

on-campus interviews sound better, though Kellogg does keep on emphasizing that it doesn't matter. Having an alum would probably be more relaxed, and on campus you never know if it's a student or an adcom. I'll have to see if I can get tickets to fly there for the interview too.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 17 May 2007
Posts: 385
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2007, 21:45
Tickets are pretty cheap: ~$350. Hotel can be expensive, though I've never stayed near Evanston before...only downtown.

Hey--for any of you Chicago folks. I'm staying downtown and have an interview at 11am. Am I better off taking a cab there and then training it back? I don't want to get lost or be late.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 30 Sep 2007
Posts: 31
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Interview Consideration [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2007, 18:59
Hi all,

As a second time applicant, I would recommend any of the applicants to study the essays for the interview. I think they would be a great help for "evaluating an applicant’s level of maturity, interpersonal skills, career focus and motivation" (Out of Kellogg's website)
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Posts: 570
WE 1: Hi-tech Product Development
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 3

 [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2007, 09:52
Ok, the data form, the resume and the transcripts are all done. Only the essays need to be uploaded. And oh yeah, those darned reccos...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
User avatar
Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4320
Location: Back in Chicago, IL
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 80

Kudos [?]: 707 [0], given: 5

 [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2007, 11:30
I just got off the phone with my interviewer, have it all scheduled for a few weeks from now. He seemed really cool and was actually surprised they have him doing an interview. He graduated in '99 but he is probably the only person in this area that is an alumni, he seemed excited about it. I sounded like he had been hoping to interview someone for a while now. I guess if geographic diversity matters I have an advantage right that haha.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 29 Dec 2006
Posts: 214
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2007, 19:05
riverripper wrote:
I just got off the phone with my interviewer, have it all scheduled for a few weeks from now. He seemed really cool and was actually surprised they have him doing an interview. He graduated in '99 but he is probably the only person in this area that is an alumni, he seemed excited about it. I sounded like he had been hoping to interview someone for a while now. I guess if geographic diversity matters I have an advantage right that haha.


River- did the admissions office contact you with his information, or did you have to call them up and try to set up the off campus interview? Their website says the adcom will contact you, but I haven't received any information yet.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 06 Aug 2006
Posts: 328
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2007, 20:21
forcefeed wrote:
riverripper wrote:
I just got off the phone with my interviewer, have it all scheduled for a few weeks from now. He seemed really cool and was actually surprised they have him doing an interview. He graduated in '99 but he is probably the only person in this area that is an alumni, he seemed excited about it. I sounded like he had been hoping to interview someone for a while now. I guess if geographic diversity matters I have an advantage right that haha.


River- did the admissions office contact you with his information, or did you have to call them up and try to set up the off campus interview? Their website says the adcom will contact you, but I haven't received any information yet.

The same here, but website says that the interview will be set up in 6 weeks after submission of part I.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Posts: 570
WE 1: Hi-tech Product Development
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 3

 [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2007, 02:04
Reco-1 has submitted.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
User avatar
Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4320
Location: Back in Chicago, IL
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 80

Kudos [?]: 707 [0], given: 5

 [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2007, 02:39
R.E.D. wrote:
forcefeed wrote:
riverripper wrote:
I just got off the phone with my interviewer, have it all scheduled for a few weeks from now. He seemed really cool and was actually surprised they have him doing an interview. He graduated in '99 but he is probably the only person in this area that is an alumni, he seemed excited about it. I sounded like he had been hoping to interview someone for a while now. I guess if geographic diversity matters I have an advantage right that haha.


River- did the admissions office contact you with his information, or did you have to call them up and try to set up the off campus interview? Their website says the adcom will contact you, but I haven't received any information yet.

The same here, but website says that the interview will be set up in 6 weeks after submission of part I.


They emailed me pretty much within a few days of submitting part 1. I think its because there was one alumni interviewer in the area I live in and I am the only person interviewing. Not much decision making.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Posts: 570
WE 1: Hi-tech Product Development
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 3

 [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2007, 18:56
Great. I just got an e-mail from Kellogg telling me that my interview has been waived. From what I know, interview waiver = ding. Nice way to start the app season...
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 07 Aug 2007
Posts: 1062
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2007, 19:10
I am not 100% sure about that- but I think someone asked this when I visited Kellogg and the ad-comm replied that it just means that they do not have alumni in the city you are interviewing and that it does not mean a ding automatically...

KingKREEP wrote:
Great. I just got an e-mail from Kellogg telling me that my interview has been waived. From what I know, interview waiver = ding. Nice way to start the app season...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 06 Aug 2006
Posts: 328
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2007, 19:48
dosa_don wrote:
I am not 100% sure about that- but I think someone asked this when I visited Kellogg and the ad-comm replied that it just means that they do not have alumni in the city you are interviewing and that it does not mean a ding automatically...

KingKREEP wrote:
Great. I just got an e-mail from Kellogg telling me that my interview has been waived. From what I know, interview waiver = ding. Nice way to start the app season...

100% I met this saying either in interview transcripts or on BW forums. KingKREEP, think about surfing school on Chicago lake... if, even, you get a ding you'll think: Aargh, I have now go surfing in California (you have couple of slots for applications in R-2 :)
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 505
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2007, 21:18
Got the same message as KK, guess there are no alumni in Bangalore.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 546
Schools: MIT Sloan
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2007, 22:45
Admission status - Submitted !!
Fate - Unknown
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 06 Feb 2007
Posts: 1023
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 123 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2007, 06:33
I'm still waiting to hear back about the interview off-campus too.

Yet to submit part II... :shock:
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
User avatar
Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4320
Location: Back in Chicago, IL
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 80

Kudos [?]: 707 [0], given: 5

 [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2007, 07:33
I was surprised how fast I heard about the interviews. From reading stuff about last years applicants it sounded like veyr few interviews happened overseas outside of a few very large cities (esp outside of europe). I do not believe a waiver will hurt your chances unfortunately it also wont allow you to increase them like an interview can.

In the big cities like Boston, New York, and Chicago they probalby have dozens of interviewers and hundreds of applicants so it might take longer to match the correct people up. My interviewer told me I was the first person that they have ever assigned him so obviously not many people are applying from where I live since he is the only alum interviewer.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Posts: 570
WE 1: Hi-tech Product Development
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 3

 [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2007, 08:20
Reco-2 has submitted.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 29 Dec 2006
Posts: 214
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2007, 09:18
Reco 1 submitted.

Do you think it is acceptable to go slightly over 2 pages on 1 essays considering that we have to include the question at the top? Essays 2 & 3 are shorter than 2 pages w/ the question at the begining, do you think it would be detrimental to my app if the first one goes slightly over? I already messed with the border and font size, so no shortening it through that route.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
User avatar
Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4320
Location: Back in Chicago, IL
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 80

Kudos [?]: 707 [0], given: 5

 [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2007, 09:29
I haven't looked at this part but can we put the question into the header? if so that saves space.
  [#permalink] 18 Oct 2007, 09:29
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
154 Experts publish their posts in the topic Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants cheetarah1980 1928 06 Jul 2011, 09:05
Calling all BYU Fall '08 applicants kavet83 9 15 Aug 2007, 17:56
19 Calling all the Harvard Gurus - Fall'08 grad_mba 582 02 Aug 2007, 21:36
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12  ...  100    Next  [ 1985 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.