Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Jul 2014, 05:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Schools: MIT Sloan
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2007, 15:15
GMATclubbers in the class of 2010: Tally = 14
RiverRipper http://gmatclub.com/forum/p381183#p381183
mba2010 http://gmatclub.com/forum/p381825#p381825
faceman http://gmatclub.com/forum/p386304#p386304
ApolloLuna http://gmatclub.com/forum/p416484#p416484
CfaMiami
steel http://gmatclub.com/forum/p421433#p421433
MGOBLUE2
SkiC http://gmatclub.com/forum/p432651#p432651
futuredukemba
ghgirl http://gmatclub.com/forum/p438384#p438384
nervousgmat http://gmatclub.com/forum/p382350#p382350
bee186
jenjen
lebcar

Kellogg R1: 29 applicants
Tally: Admits: 11 Dings: 13 Waitlist: 5
GMATclubbers in the class of 2010: 10
RiverRipper: ACCEPTED and Matriculating
mba2010: ACCEPTED and Matriculating
faceman: ACCEPTED and Matriculating
ApolloLuna: ACCEPTED and Matriculating
CfaMiami: ACCEPTED and Matriculating
steel: ACCEPTED and Matriculating
MGOBLUE2: ACCEPTED and Matriculating
nervousgmat: ACCEPTED and Matriculating
jenjen: ACCEPTED and Matriculating
lebcar: ACCEPTED and Matriculating
BCC145: ACCEPTED Withdrawn for Wharton
forcefeed: Waitlisted Dinged
burger2001: Waitlisted
g.matter: Waitlisted
Irishfan: Waitlisted
JJGooden: Waitlisted
KingKreep: Dinged
grad_mba: Dinged
toDoorNot: Dinged
shmegs: Dinged
Vij101: Dinged
svrider: Dinged
tsaditya: Dinged
R.E.D.: Dinged
murali83: Dinged
red_s4: Dinged
duuuma: Dinged
tauslu: Dinged 1Y
ut710: Dinged MMM

============================================

Kellogg R2: 34 applicants
Tally: Admits: 9 Dings: 17 Waitlist: 4 unknown: 3
GMATclubbers in the class of 2010: 4
SkiC: ACCEPTED and Matriculating
futuredukemba: ACCEPTED and Matriculating
ghgirl: ACCEPTED and Matriculating
bee186: ACCEPTED and Matriculating
TJ: ACCEPTED Withdrawn for Sloan
businessdocn08: ACCEPTED Withdrawn for Columbia
ujjib: ACCEPTED Withdrawn for GSB
kryzak: ACCEPTED Withdrew for Haas
terry12: ACCEPTED Withdrew for Stanford
mst: Waitlisted
zmfatla: Waitlisted
bewakoof: Waitlisted
livehard: Waitlisted
branson: Dinged
pandeyrav: Dinged
westcoastMBA: Dinged
ryguy904: Dinged
sperinko: Dinged
nupurgupt: Dinged
echelon: Dinged
bkk145: Dinged
malumier: Dinged
majosan: Dinged
JDMBA: Dinged
trojan812: Dinged
dosa_don: Dinged
kalia2480: Dinged
togafoot: Dinged
Octane: Dinged
CerealsMBA: Dinged
Angel652001: Dinged
aceman626: ???
gmat2gmat: ???
mantymooney: ???
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
5 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 15 [5] , given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2008, 09:09
This post received
KUDOS
CerealsMBA wrote:
pandeyrav wrote:
If anyone needs the questions i had compiled, let me know.

That woud definitely be helpful. Maybe you can post it in the board, or compile it with Rhyme's guide? Thank you for suggesting!

Attachments

File comment: List of interview questions for Kellogg
KelloggInterviewQuestions.xls [20.5 KiB]
Downloaded 78 times

To download please login or register as a user

4 KUDOS received
Current Student
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [4] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2008, 11:15
This post received
KUDOS
BEWARE THE FINANCIAL AID OFFICE. Below is my experience with them today.

Kellogg posted the new cost of attendance online. Not surprised that they raised the tuition by a bunch, and not anything else. So I called the FinAid office to ask them exactly why they think that cost of living isn't going up by more than $350 a year, and I talked to one of the rudest and, let's say, NOT-the-sharpest-knife-in-the-drawer, people ever.

Point 1: I asked why computer costs went down by $700 this year.

Me: "How is that computer costs are $700 cheaper this year? I mean, it's going to be more than $1800 to get a laptop, printer, docking station, monitor, etc."
Her: "Costs have actually gone down for computers. They used to be $3000."
Me: "Really. Well I find it hard to believe that everything costs $700 less after just one year."
Her: "Well there's $1200 for the computer and a little extra there. Your printer is not going to cost $600. But you could choose not to get a printer."
Me: "Umm, do you really expect people to go through business school without printers?"
Her: "Well you don't need a $600 printer!"
Me: "I'm not saying that. I'm saying that that's a huge chunk to take off for cost after only ONE YEAR. How are we supposed to buy all that equipment with just $1800?"
Her: "Well it's your choice but you don't need a $600 printer."
Me: "I'm not going to argue over minutia with you."

Point 2: I asked why the transportation cost didn't go up at all, considering the increase in gas/oil prices. (Side note: I'm lucky enough not to need plane tickets to see family, but I was just asking this because I thought in principle it was kinda crazy.)

Me: "You do know that transportation costs more now than it did last year. Gas is almost $4 in Chicago and Evanston."
Her: "Most students are able to find $100 round trip tickets for anywhere in the U.S."
Me: "Umm, I'm sorry, what? $100 for a round trip ticket?"
Her: "Yes. We survey our current students. That's what we've found."
Me: "Are you kidding me? You said $100 for a ROUND TRIP ticket, right?"
Her: "Yes."
Me: "Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? And where exactly can I find these $100 tickets?"
Her: "I don't know."

Point 3: Room/board went up only by less than $300.

Me: "So you do know that Evanston apartments are very expensive, even the not-so-expensive places. They are flat out raising rents by $100-$200 a month, I've actually SEEN that on paper."
Her: "Well we take a survey from our students and come up with an average cost."
Me: "I just find it incredibly hard to believe that Kellogg thinks that food and rent costs are only going up by $300 or so for 9 months - I mean, things are getting very expensive very quickly. I live in downtown Chicago, but Evanston is MORE expensive, and increasingly so."
Her: "Well that's what we came up with. You're going to have to live on a budget."
Me: "Excuse me? This is not about living on a budget, this is about Kellogg being more reasonable. Tuition costs are going up 6.5%, but our living expenses only go up by 2%?"
Her: "Well our costs have increased."
Me: "Ummm, and ours don't?"
Her: "So what's your point?"
Me: "WHAT?!?!"
***silence***
Me: "My POINT is that I'm not about to drop $140,000 on this without some due consideration from Kellogg as to the increasing cost of living. I wish I had known this new cost of attendance and FinAid's general attitude before I made the decision to come here and had other options."
Her: "Well you still do."
Me: "WHAT?! You know, I'm very excited about Kellogg as a school, but I'm extrememly disappointed in the FinAid office."
Her: "Well you can always go somewhere else."
Me: "What's your name?"
Her: "*****."
Me: "Well *****, I'd like to speak to someone else."
Her: "They're all on lunch breaks."
Me: "Well then I guess I'll have to call your supervisor later."
Her: "Thanks for calling the Kellogg School of Management. Bye."

Now, I'll say that towards the end, my tone was not very nice, but I couldn't believe how rudely I was being treated. I plan on following up with the supervisor.
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 63

Kudos [?]: 327 [1] , given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2008, 07:18
This post received
KUDOS
I used LinkedIn to find out info about all my interviewers.

GMAT Club Knowledge Vault:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/123
Haas Ambassador
http://gmatclub.com/forum/128-t62555
Kryzak's Profile:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/111-t56286
Member Essays:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/103-t50969

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 11 [1] , given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2008, 12:47
This post received
KUDOS
that's a tricky question pandeyrav!

Personally, I would not. My reasoning being this:
I have read at a couple of places that you should not play schools against each other. Moreover, it might irk him that you're in a way trying to make the schools compete for you. I don't know, just how I feel. If it were an admit, sure then it would make more sense. But for an interview invite, nah!

That being said, it could play out how you said so not sure.

http://delhirox.blogspot.com/

1 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 77

Kudos [?]: 691 [1] , given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2008, 12:50
This post received
KUDOS
I wouldnt inform him of your status with any other school. When they say that they mean when you hear from their school. I let my interviewers know when I received my decisions but nothing before that. I think that question gets asked to see where they might fall and also to see what if your claims of fit make sense. You dont want to say I love the big city life of Chicago and then say you are applying to Tuck. Or I like the various teaching styles since I think thats my ideal learning environment and then say you are applying to Darden.

Kellogg vs GSB is something that isnt going to hurt your chances, for all you know it could help him write you a better one if he really does think you are a good fit since he will want you to go there instead of GSB to deprive them of such a stellar candidate.

If you find out after you hear from other schools you can always say, I was admitted to school Kellogg and I plan on choosing it over school X. Or I was dinged by kellogg but I was admitted to school X. I think they do like to hear you had some success, and like it even better when you tell them you are goign to their school. My GSB interviewers response to my ding at GSB and admit at Kellogg was interesting, he actually said Kellogg was probably a better fit for me and my career goals, then joked that it may have a worse building but its got a much nicer location. These people do genuinely care that you succeed in your goal of getting an MBA, remember they were once in your shoes.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2008, 13:09
This post received
KUDOS
I wouldnt be surprised if the start making calls the week after DAK...so another week. That will be about the same time line as last round. You could ask this on BW in the ask kellogg thread.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.

1 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2008, 12:43
This post received
KUDOS
MST how do you find owning a condo while your husband is in school? We are strongly considering it, we really liked a couple buildings we looked at and if we cant sell it in two years we can definitely rent it to a Kellogg student easy enough by the sound of it. The only thing I noticed there are relatively high property taxes and the fees are high but at least they included heat. My wife really liked the ones in the old marshal fields building, really tall ceilings make a one bedroom feel a lot larger and its a really nice location.

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2008, 09:07
This post received
KUDOS
Lots of activity today! I just checked my status and it is the same as it has been for several weeks now...same status as bkk..application complete and under review. I didn't realize that Kellogg notifies dinged applicants prior to the final Mar 31 deadline...I thought that they only sent good news early.
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2008, 09:15
This post received
KUDOS
Admits and Dings come out at first...it seemed like it was a month or so until WL decisions started to come out. Probably because those are the borderline folks who could go one way or the other.

I know most people got phone calls in the 4-5pm central time. Status usually changes in the morning, not sure about emails coming out though. People have found out before they recieved emails by checking online.

1 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2008, 17:13
This post received
KUDOS
Toga, sign on to the chat. I dont want to go posting stuff like that but I will tell ya.

1 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2008, 12:44
This post received
KUDOS
Congrats GH and TJ. Hope to meet you this fall.

If you have any questions on whats on the admit site (deadlines, dak info, stuff like that) send me a PM. It should take a weeks or two to get your admit package (may come quicker these days but it took me a few weeks). DAK is in the middle of April, booking a hotel and flights now is a good idea. Especially the hotel since you get discounted rates and they sell out.

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 19 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2008, 12:10
This post received
KUDOS
Deposit is now in the mail...Kellogg here I come!!!

Cannot express how excited I am. Looking forward to spending the next couple years with you guys.

I also cannot express how relieved I am this process is over. :lol:
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 40 [1] , given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2008, 12:30
This post received
KUDOS
ujjib wrote:
Thanks Steel. I am not going to sweat too much on the decision. Both the admits are like gifts for me and I would just be happy being anywhere...

One question I am trying to answer as I pick is 'do i go to Kellogg and work on my weaknesses or do i go to Chicago and build on my strengths'??

weaknesses - soft skills
strengths - analytical skills

Ahh the quintessential choice! I faced the same decision (though between MIT and Kellogg - didn't apply to GSB). I eventually chose soft skills over analytics. (However, I will go on to explain why I don't think this choice matters!)

My thinking on the weaknesses vs. strengths issue is this - weaknesses are tougher to eliminate then strengths are to embolden. B-school can be particularly helpful in filling gaps - while you can always build on strengths (at b-school or afterwards). Especially given that b-school is a great environment within which to take risks.

That being said, b-school is also a great place to push yourself on your strengths. A time to be challenged by the best and brightest in your areas of strength.

Thus, this is why the comparative strengths of any program in the top 6 (or so) can only get you so far. The programs are so strong across the board - that these comparative programmatic strengths often end in a wash - there's a reason you applied to the top schools you did, because you believed you would get a fantastic education in the areas you want to at any of them.

So - when it all boiled down to it - I based my decision on the people. Given that you're going to spend 2 years with your fellow classmates and then rely on them for your entire career as one of your primary business networks (if not the primary business network), it is your comfortability with those around you that I think should weigh most in your decision. At the end of the day, you're going to be most successful when you surround yourself with the people that are going to facilitate your success to the highest degree (by whatever criteria you have). This goes both for b-school and business in general, in my opinion.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011

Kudos [?]: 69 [1] , given: 15

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2008, 07:05
This post received
KUDOS
River, thanks for the feedback. That is a interesting point about Kellogg's IB recruiting not being quite as competitive since it isn't known for finance. That probably holds true for other non-finance schools that I am considering (Duke, Cornell, Darden, Ross) as well.

TJ, thanks for selling me on the Margarita Inn. I didn't realize the "European Style Restrooms" meant "shared" :lol:. I'll probably choose that option though since I am not too picky about things like that and am trying to save money.
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 63

Kudos [?]: 327 [1] , given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2008, 22:03
This post received
KUDOS
I guess I will start while my memory is fresh. Just landed back home in the bay area. In short, I HAD A BLAST at DAK! :)

First of all, I can't believe how nice and friendly every GMATClubber I've met have been. We took a group photo of the 6 of us (ghgirl, futuredukemba, terry12, ujjib, TJ, and myself) at the end because we had so much fun hanging out and chatting with each other. I think the friendship and bond between us GMATClub "regulars" is almost (if not equally) as strong as the bond we'll form in b-school. :)

Alright, DAK is structured a bit differently than DAH, and I like some of the aspects more and some less. I'll try to go through each major part of the program and comment on it:

Friday:

Opening Ceremony:

Fun, energetic, cool! Beth Flye was very welcoming and the "one of you..." speech was very impressive. No stats were quoted for some reason, maybe I just forgot. Definitely more "media intensive" than DAH's opening (which was more laid back)

Section Time:

The intros were fun and got to learn about others. As I mentioned before, it was strange to have someone approach me wanting to learn more about the defense industry. :P

Sessions:

I'll talk about all three sessions here, 2 were on Friday, 1 on Saturday. terry12 and I skipped the Saturday one because the Housing/Tour of Kellogg didn't really interest us (and we REALLY needed sleep after Friday night :P). I did 2 chats with students (talked to about 4-5 students in total, including a JD/MBA and a UC Berkeley alum). Definitely gave me a good sense of what Marketing is, what Special K is about (sounds very fun), and how to survive Chicago winters. Otherwise, the financial aid info wasn't really useful if you've sat through at least 1 or 2 other admit weekend talks...

Professor Roundtables:

the Entrepreneurship talk was sort of dry, though they did highlight the programs that Kellogg has through the Levy Center. Not bad at all. The Management/Strategy professor was very strange... reminded all of us of some TV actor... Didn't like the part where someone asked him to compare Kellogg's management/strategy program with other schools and he pretty much dissed many schools (yet never mentioned H/S/W or even Haas... interesting...)

Overall, the roundtables weren't that useful.

Academics:

Dean Chopra was an ok speaker, and his "4 pillars" speech was good, but remarkably similar to what other school's talk about (Haas talked about similar topics). The Kellogg Student Association VP of Academics was one of the best speakers I've ever seen (along with the MBA Association president at Anderson). We were all VERY impressed by his style, even though the content wasn't anything new.

Mini Classes:

I got a young but very good professor on Advertising Strategy, and that was VERY informative. The corporate finance professor afterwards was good, but a bit dry, and I almost fell asleep due to jet lag and having an exhausting day so far. Good professors, though I have a feeling that the Haas professors might be slightly better at teaching based on what I've seen. Of course, that's a tiny sample, so one cannot really judge based on this.

TG:

TG it self was just a "free drinks" and socialize time, but the KWEST fair was simply IMPRESSIVE. KWEST is definitely one of the biggest pros for going to Kellogg. A fellow Haas vs Kellogg admit were already signing up for the high comfort and low activity trips, ha ha.

Taste of Evanston:

terry12 and I went to the Austin dinner at a restaurant just across from McManus. The group of students there (1st, 2nd, and admits) were impressive and gave us some very good insights on what the program is about and the special events they plan every quarter. We were both very impressed by the caliber of the students there.

Experience Evanston:

Got to chat with Beth Flye for about 1-2 hours at a private party. She is simply an amazing woman who defines the term "Southern Charm and Hospitality". First thing she said to me was, "Follow your heart with your decision." No pressure at all, no selling, just very good advice. She's actually very good friends with the Haas director, Pete Johnson, so we talked about that a bit more. Wonderful, wonderful woman.

Saturday

Career Service:

Not a bad talk, but not the most useful. Pretty much the same thing that most Career Services provide. The free alumni career advisors was very good though.

Career Breakout Lunches:

this was the MOST useful part of the day. I sat in Hi-Tech and Entrepreneurship. Both groups of students from the clubs pretty much convinced me of what I had a hunch about already, that I cannot make a mistake career wise picking Kellogg or Haas. The hi-tech opportunities are very good at Kellogg, especially at the bigger companies. Smaller companies will require a lot more work contacting alums. The entrepreneurship program is growing, and there are some good students going into startups, starting companies, and working in VCs. The club membership is definitely smaller than schools like Haas and Anderson which focuses more on entrepreneurship, but they broke off Entrepreneurship Club from the old Private Equity and Entrepreneurship Club, so it shows that they are putting more effort into that program. What it also taught me is that if the opportunities are equal, I have to go down to the "nitty-gritty" decision factors, ones which normally would not make or break the deal for me by themselves (convenience, weather, SO, cost, contacts, familiarity, etc...)

Dean Jain:

WOW! I was completely stunned and speechless after this wonderous speech. It was amazing how he was so personable and weaved all these amazing anecdotes (including him barely escaping the Phuket Tsunami in 2004 with his family!!!) into what is wonderful about Kellogg. I'm sure that speech alone convinced many people to matriculate!

Student Life Experience:

Very funny and well done. I especially liked how Kellogg values diversity and how everyone accepts everyone without question.

Keynote Speaker:

I don't think this was really necessary, but it was nice to see an older alum come back and still be so passionate about Kellogg.

Club Fair:

Very fun, got to learn about some clubs that I normally would not join (consulting, marketing).

Chicago:

The reception at Soldier Field was a LOT of fun, allowing us to really socialize with fellow admits and other students. It also allowed us GMATClubbers to really chat with each other and compare notes. I will say that 2 people were convinced to go to Kellogg, 3 were not, and 1 undecided. I'll let you all figure out who's who in the next few days, haha! :P

Experience Chicago at Zella's:

I had a lot of fun doing some final chats with some Haas vs Kellogg admits, many were on the fence, some were sure to go to Kellogg, some for Haas... I'd guess out of 12 or so of us whom I met, roughly 5-6 are going to Kellogg for sure, 3-4 Haas, and 2-4 undecided (completely 50-50). There were a few others who were also considering HBS, Chicago, MIT, and Wharton on top of Haas vs Kellogg, so I don't know where they'll go in the end.

Overall Experience:

Great great weekend. I personally think the student body at Kellogg and Haas are extremely similar in terms of culture, collaboration, sharpness, and friendliness. I made some good friends at both, and I would be very very happy at both. Neither are perfect (unfortunately), but I don't think a "perfect" school exists, just the "best fit". Haas' schedules were alternating between panels/talks and mingle sessions, which kept me awake better, but Haas didn't give enough time in between events to chat with other admits and students. Kellogg had a lot more admit/student interaction time, but some of the events dragged on a bit long and there were too many back-to-back talks.

Speaking to the effectiveness of DAK, I went in with an 80-20 Haas lead, and came out with a roughly 55-45 split. I need to make a few calls to some Haas staff and students on Monday to clarify some questions that came up from DAK, and will see if that split holds. It definitely sucks to not be able to go to both schools (I wish they had a quarterly exchange program or something), but that's life, and we gotta make tough choices. This will probably be the toughest one of them all. I can say that Kellogg did manage to convince most of the people deciding between GSB and Kellogg, Sloan and Kellogg, and Wharton and Kellogg. Those with the most trouble are Haas vs Kellogg and Duke vs Kellogg, probably because of the similar cultures.

Hope this write-up helps future Kellogg applicants. If the current split stays after tomorrow and I end up at Haas (most likely), I will still remain a full supporter of Kellogg and encourage people to apply there too and make the decision themselves. Looking forward to reading others' reactions to DAK II.

GMAT Club Knowledge Vault:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/123
Haas Ambassador
http://gmatclub.com/forum/128-t62555
Kryzak's Profile:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/111-t56286
Member Essays:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/103-t50969

1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 132 [1] , given: 10

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2008, 17:45
This post received
KUDOS
kryzak wrote:
now the question is, what will futureDUKEmba change her screenname to? futurekelloggmba? futuremba? :P

How about - exfuturedukembacurrentkelloggmba :D
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Kudos [?]: 691 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2007, 15:33
I think that warning may stem from the problems that I read about all over the BW forum this spring about recent grads getting hired but then not getting visas. I am not an international applicant so its not an issue with me though I could see someone being scared off by that. I dont think they are telling you they wont accept you...they are just warning you that you may take 125K of debt and will have to leave the country for your home country where the pay will be far less.

I am planning a trip to Chicago this fall to visit both Kellogg and Chicago. I haven't decided if I am going to apply to one or both yet. Though I have found some courses at Kellogg that are really appealing for what I want to do.

As of right now I am working on my Kellogg R1 application. I am glad I got my GMAT out of the way right around when all the applications were released...now I just have to keep plugging away. The people I have volunteered to be my essay editors are going to be helpful so I dont want to load them up all at once.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2007, 15:47
grad_mba wrote:

Anyway who all are in for rnd1 ? :)

im in for r1..and chicago
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2007, 16:30
I'm also in for R1
  [#permalink] 26 Jul 2007, 16:30