Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 01:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 149 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2008, 07:46
I would advise against using the optional essay for these activities. You have the opportunity to talk about these in your essay "I wish the adcom had asked me"
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2008, 20:28
to visit kellogg, do we have to register on their website (if so where?) or can we just turn up?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 693 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2008, 22:13
You can just show up. TG is Friday in the atrium, it will definitely give you the best taste of the culture outside of the class environment plus there is free beer and often are events. There is an eating contest this week and a drag show in a few more weeks. Monday you can have lunch with a student which is a good time to pick people's brain in a less formal environment. If you visit on Tuesdays just go to the Keg at night and you will see hundreds of Kellogg students there...currently there are weekly beer olympics with sections competing against each other in various different drinking games. I dont drink but its a time for everyone to let loose and just have a good time.

You can request classes. I would suggest trying to get into Marketing with Hennessey or Grayson, or Business Strategy with Mazzeo. If you let me know what day you are coming I can check class schedules for you. Definitely dont come on Wed, we dont have classes...there are still lots of students on campus but they are there for recruiting, group work, or meetings so it will be harder to get to interact with them.

http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/Programs/FullTimeMBA/Admissions_Events/On_Campus_Events.aspx

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2008, 01:50
riverripper wrote:
...currently there are weekly beer olympics with sections competing against each other

:P

River, I am planning a visit on 14th October ( Tuesday)..and planning to go there directly from O'Hare. Hope to catch up with you for a few minutes, if you are free.
Director
Director
Schools: Chicago Booth 2011
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2008, 03:55
What does TG stand for? I visited Kellogg on a Friday and I remember a bunch of people were playing Rock Band on a huge screen in the atrium.
CEO
CEO
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 434 [0], given: 210

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2008, 05:00
I may be wrong but TGIF is the global acronym for Thank God Its Friday ?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2008, 07:20
filmcity wrote:
River, I am planning a visit on 14th October ( Tuesday)..and planning to go there directly from O'Hare. Hope to catch up with you for a few minutes, if you are free.

For Tuesday classes I suggest Hennessey's marketing class at 8:30-10 and 10:30 to 12 if there is room. Tuesdays are kind of an offday for me, I only have one class but typically have lots of meetings and stuff going on pm me about your trip I will try to catch up with you.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.

Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2008, 08:48
I just got my alum interview email and have to schedule it. Does anyone know if there's an advantage to interviewing sooner rather than later? I've heard Kellogg has a semi-rolling sort of admissions process.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2008, 09:19
sonibubu wrote:
I just got my alum interview email and have to schedule it. Does anyone know if there's an advantage to interviewing sooner rather than later? I've heard Kellogg has a semi-rolling sort of admissions process.

I suggest getting it out of the way. They do semi rolling admissions but your interview has to be submitted before they give you any decision so getting it done can definitely speed things up.

Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2008, 09:45
riverripper wrote:
sonibubu wrote:

I suggest getting it out of the way. They do semi rolling admissions but your interview has to be submitted before they give you any decision so getting it done can definitely speed things up.

River,
Great, thanks for the tip and will do. I believe that Kellogg doesn't even review the application until interview feedback has been submitted (I could be wrong here).
SVP
SVP
Schools: Kellogg '11
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 178 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2008, 10:10
sonibubu wrote:

Soni - I'm trying to remember - when did you submit your part 1? Just trying to get a feel for how long before i hear about the interview...

cheers,
ac.
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2008, 10:11
ac8706 wrote:
sonibubu wrote:

Soni - I'm trying to remember - when did you submit your part 1? Just trying to get a feel for how long before i hear about the interview...

Very early, August 15th. First app I worked on since Kellogg released essays in June.
SVP
SVP
Schools: Kellogg '11
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 178 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2008, 10:22
sonibubu wrote:
ac8706 wrote:
sonibubu wrote:

Very early, August 15th. First app I worked on since Kellogg released essays in June.

ah that's right :) thanks!
ac.
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2008, 03:33
River, do you have your interview experience posted anywhere or tips for the interview? I assume Kellogg alum interviewers generally don't pull out tough questions and I should expect the standard line of questioning.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2008, 07:13
There are some interview debriefs in last year's Kellogg thread. Might take a while to find them but they are there...probably in the late oct to late nov time frame. I believe accepted.com also has a question database. My interviewer didnt really ask anything too odd. I think all schools tend to ask the same questions.

Current Student
Schools: Ross '12 (MBA/MS)

Kudos [?]: 70 [0], given: 34

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2008, 12:53
So, it's normal that I haven't heard anything about an interview option a month after I submitted my Part-1 application, right? Someone please tell me that my freaking out is unwarranted.
Current Student
Schools: Ross '12 (MBA/MS)

Kudos [?]: 70 [0], given: 34

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2008, 11:04
YihWei wrote:
So, it's normal that I haven't heard anything about an interview option a month after I submitted my Part-1 application, right? Someone please tell me that my freaking out is unwarranted.

Just got my invitation through email. Now instead of freaking out about not hearing about the interview, I get to freak out about the interview.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2008, 11:10
Just got an invite too, and I submitted part 1 about 10 days ago.

I'm now planning to apply in R2... so this is really early. Damn!

Good luck everyone.
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2008, 20:08
I've scheduled my interview for Thursday at Panera Bread. It's an alum interview. Any tips on if slacks, shirt, sweater is OK or should I go with the suit?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2008, 21:18
sonibubu wrote:
I've scheduled my interview for Thursday at Panera Bread. It's an alum interview. Any tips on if slacks, shirt, sweater is OK or should I go with the suit?

You can ask but its always safe to show up in a suit. Often for schools professional appearance is one of the things you are evaluated on.

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!   [#permalink] 10 Oct 2008, 21:18