Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 04:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 20

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2009, 09:35
hd54321 wrote:
bostonsparky wrote:
Just spoke with my WL officer this morning. I actually found the convo to be pretty useful, she gave me a specific issue she wanted more information about, so I'll go ahead and do that before they start WL movement.

Now that appukutty is off to sunny Palo Alto is there anyone else here who plans on pursuing (no matter how fruitlessly) the Kellogg WL aside from myself and GoBruins?

+1 here.

I am in bucket #1, meaning they didn't want specific information from me. All they want is a single update letter covering a couple generic topics. Bucket #2 is for people who have specific issues/areas to address.

Not sure which one is better to be in. I was also told to tell them if I was admitted elsewhere and whether they need to make a decision by a certain date. My WL officer told me that we'll see movement in the R2 WL in early May.

Can you let me konw what the generic topics were? I didn't even get that info.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
Schools: Stanford
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2009, 10:32
I have earned an admission to Stanford GSB. I am thinking of withdrawing from the waitlist from Kellogg. Good luck to those still waiting.

Most often people reject your dreams not because of the impossibility of the dream itself, but because of their inability to visualize in the same grandness as you do. So, where does that leave you? A less than stellar communicator?

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2009, 18:44
Hi guys,

Good luck to those of you still on the waitlist. I hope I can help a bit. I submitted my deposit to Kellogg and accepted my enrollment a while ago, but I think I will withdraw from Kellogg and opt out for somewhere else. Could any of you tell me what are the proper steps I should take to withdraw my commitment. I know I will not get my deposit back, but I just want to make sure I do it in the most polite manner. Thank you guys! I wish all of you the best luck
SVP
SVP
Schools: Kellogg '11
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 176 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2009, 18:51
ecc wrote:
Hi guys,

Good luck to those of you still on the waitlist. I hope I can help a bit. I submitted my deposit to Kellogg and accepted my enrollment a while ago, but I think I will withdraw from Kellogg and opt out for somewhere else. Could any of you tell me what are the proper steps I should take to withdraw my commitment. I know I will not get my deposit back, but I just want to make sure I do it in the most polite manner. Thank you guys! I wish all of you the best luck

I would just write your admissions liaison a polite email, thanking them for admitting you, letting them know that you've changed your mind and are instead planning on matriculating at school X. If you're so inclined, you could let them know why you've changed your mind :)
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2009, 19:27
isa wrote:
ecc wrote:
Hi guys,

I would just write your admissions liaison a polite email, thanking them for admitting you, letting them know that you've changed your mind and are instead planning on matriculating at school X. If you're so inclined, you could let them know why you've changed your mind :)

Thanks so much! I will do so in the next couple of days. It's really a shame that I couldn't join many of you at Kellogg.
Current Student

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2009, 20:50
deposit sent.... :-D
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2009, 09:08
VP
VP
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 237 [0], given: 17

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2009, 10:14
coolrun wrote:
deposit sent.... :-D

Congrats coolrun - look forward to seeing you on campus this fall.

Director
Director
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 145 [0], given: 9

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2009, 10:27
GoBruins wrote:
another WL admit on BW

Hey GB, why don't you update your blog sometime? It's getting a bit stale... :wink:

Also, I have a feeling the WL will work out in your favor...
Current Student
Schools: Fuqua '11

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2009, 10:28
GoBruins wrote:
another WL admit on BW

dang, my admissions lady told me they were going to start early May-ish. I'll definitely send my update in this week.
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2009, 10:55
bostonsparky wrote:
GoBruins wrote:
another WL admit on BW

dang, my admissions lady told me they were going to start early May-ish. I'll definitely send my update in this week.

haha you're like me, I heard everyone say mid-may, then it was early may then end of april. But around 4/13-4/14 there were 4 people on BW off the WL, at least 1 was and R2.

I think mid-may still holds true since that's when the R2 deposits are due. BTW anyone notice that GC R2 matriculations rates on the first page are crazy, all but one admit is matriculating...

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2009, 09:03
That is pretty crazy. Guess they've gotta make up for the 36% yield in R1. (which I honestly thought was quite surprising)

I genuinely think you'll make it off the waitlist though. I'm gonna look forward to seeing you in the Fall.

GoBruins wrote:
bostonsparky wrote:
GoBruins wrote:
another WL admit on BW

haha you're like me, I heard everyone say mid-may, then it was early may then end of april. But around 4/13-4/14 there were 4 people on BW off the WL, at least 1 was and R2.

I think mid-may still holds true since that's when the R2 deposits are due. BTW anyone notice that GC R2 matriculations rates on the first page are crazy, all but one admit is matriculating...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 692 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2009, 11:00
Where did you hear 36% I have never seen or heard of schools sharing individual round yields.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.

Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2009, 14:10
I'm sorry I should've been clearer.. I meant the R1 GC yield.. 25 admits and 9 matriculating so far.

riverripper wrote:
Where did you hear 36% I have never seen or heard of schools sharing individual round yields.
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2009, 14:14
Versus 8 matriculating out of 9 admits in R2 on GC.

yellowjacket wrote:
I'm sorry I should've been clearer.. I meant the R1 GC yield.. 25 admits and 9 matriculating so far.

riverripper wrote:
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2009, 14:31
yellowjacket wrote:
Versus 8 matriculating out of 9 admits in R2 on GC.

yellowjacket wrote:

riverripper wrote:

Everyone got it, Rivers just trying to give you a hard time.

Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2009, 07:29
Just got a message from my WL manager - she noted that theyre expecting to release more waitlist decisions in a couple weeks or so. Good luck to anyone still holding out!
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2009, 10:27
bostonsparky wrote:
Just got a message from my WL manager - she noted that theyre expecting to release more waitlist decisions in a couple weeks or so. Good luck to anyone still holding out!

Thanks Bostonsparky, I like your WL manager better. Mine doesn't really tell me anything.

Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2009, 11:18
GoBruins wrote:
Thanks Bostonsparky, I like your WL manager better. Mine doesn't really tell me anything.

LOL thats what I'm here for. In case she calls me up to tell me that you've been admitted off the waitlist I will be sure to post here ASAP :)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!   [#permalink] 30 Apr 2009, 11:18