Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:52 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]
Kudos
I think this has been discussed in this thread before, but I stuck with at most 1 page, 500 or so words (2-3 paragraphs of course).
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Kudos
last years thread...https://gmatclub.com/forum/t49477

good luck getting those apps in for R1, we had much more success in R1 than R2 last year.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [1]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
Kudos
vijapp wrote:
As far as formatting the essays go, is it OK to Justify or should we stick to Align left. It reads much more cleanly with Justify. Is there a set of published guidelines with regards to Word documents and Essays? :?

You know, i think as long as it's legible, either Justify or Align Left is fine. Personally, I prefer Align Left but that's just me :)

For formatting, Kellogg requires their essays to be double spaced. Also reading various threads about Kellogg - seems that most people tend to keep font size between 10 and 12.

hope this helps!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Schools:Kellogg '11 (MMM)
 Q51  V42
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: Engineer at a Food & Beverage Company
WE 2: Engineer at an Automotive Supplier
WE 3: Consultant at a Management Consulting Firm
Send PM
Kudos
Round 1. Submitted.

Let's roll ... :lol:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Concentration: Strategic Mgmt/Marketing/Finance
Schools:Attending HBS
 Q46  V45
Send PM
Kudos
Leverandon wrote:
Just got an interview invite from Kellogg. Does Kellogg interview everyone or do some get interviews and others don't (like Wharton)? If not everyone is interviewed, what percentage of those interviewed ends up getting admitted?

All applicants are interviewed in order to be considered for admission. An interview is a required piece of everyone's application, just as an essay would be.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Schools:Yale SOM '11
Send PM
Kudos
Just saw this on Dealbreaker about Kellogg's CIM Ball: https://dealbreaker.com/2008/10/post-72.php#more
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Kudos
thanks....check the first page for the list of R1 applicants. If I missed anyone please let me know.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Bus. Strategy, Entrep.
Schools:Haas, Booth-PT
Send PM
Kudos
here is another R1 applicant...just got my IV invite e-mail...
Own Kudos [?]: [1]
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Kudos
Hey everyone-
Just got back from my interview, I think it went pretty well. It was tough though, lasted about 45 minutes.

-Talk about your undergrad experience, if there was one thing you are most proud of about your experience what is it and why?
- Resume walk through
- What type of leader are you?
- What type of team member are you?
- Describe a failure either at work or undergrad.
- Why an MBA now?
- What is your ideal job?
- What do you do on the weekend?
- Tell me something about you that is not on your resume.
- Tell me about a highlight of your consulting experience.
- Tell me about a positive and negative aspect about consulting industry.
- What types of clubs at Kellogg would you like to be involved in?
- What differentiates you from the rest of our [insert large consulting company name] applicants?
- Is your career progression at [insert company name] fast or typical? (I stumbled on this one, because mine was fast but I wanted to sound humble and I didn't pull it off well, sounded WAY too humble LOL ugh - I did explain what the duration usually is so hopefully it wasn't super bad).
- If there was one thing you could do differently during your undergrad what would it be.
- What's your strength and weakness as a team member?
- Tell me about a time you had to movitate someone.

I wasn't asked short or long-term goals, but insinuated them throughout the conversation. Talked about leadership and teamwork *a lot*.

Ok now I have to detox.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Kudos
coadman wrote:
Does anyone know if Kellogg admits anyone w/out an interview? I received the lovely interview waiver email & haven't heard anything yet from them in the way of a phone interview as others have.

Thx.

As far as I know 100% of admits get an interview. Dont worry still plenty of time for the phone interview request. They are far from done with reviewing applications, so they may not have even gotten to yours yet.
Manager
Manager
Schools:Wharton, Booth
 Q46  V41
Send PM
Kudos
riverripper wrote:
coadman wrote:
Does anyone know if Kellogg admits anyone w/out an interview? I received the lovely interview waiver email & haven't heard anything yet from them in the way of a phone interview as others have.

Thx.

As far as I know 100% of admits get an interview. Dont worry still plenty of time for the phone interview request. They are far from done with reviewing applications, so they may not have even gotten to yours yet.

Thanks, river.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy & Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Kudos
River I have a specific question. I was just browsing through the Kellogg website and had a doubt : Is the course Global lab similar to GIM ? Basically are they two separate courses or two names for the same course ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
Steel wrote:
MBAAspirant2008 wrote:
River I have a specific question. I was just browsing through the Kellogg website and had a doubt : Is the course Global lab similar to GIM ? Basically are they two separate courses or two names for the same course ?

So G-Lab and GIM are pretty different.

The lab classes at Kellogg (Management Lab - formerly known as LEAP, Venture Lab, Analytical Consulting Lab, and Global Lab) are essentially consulting projects in the framework of a class. You do a quarter long consulting case on a real company/non-profit and get the resources of your fellow classmates and Kellogg professors to help guide you.

In the case of G-Lab, all the companies are headquartered internationally (whereas in most of the companies from courses like M-Lab are US based). Also, there the culmination of the project is a 2 week trip to the actual company in country where you conclude the consulting case you have been doing the entire quarter.

GIM is a very unique and different class. First off, GIM is focused on a country rather than a company. The course during the term is usually lecture based (but often includes cultural and experiential components - like simulations, multi-cultural negotiations, etc.). Also, the student leaders of each trip create the curriculum in concert with the faculty adviser. Thus, usually each class session will be taught by a different professor (if your students are particularly good, like mine are with GIM Japan, these professors will be rock stars) and are often taught by Senior Executives from each country.

The GIM trip (which is the culmination of the GIM class) is a two week trip to the country. Typically, you will visit 6+ companies in country. Also, as part of the trip, you will do research for your GIM project (which is a group project on a topic of choice). This project is your typical academic research project rather than an consulting project.

Thanks Steel ! Can you also update me on some of the operation firms coming there besides PRTM , ZS associates ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
riverripper wrote:
Not recruiting for it but I know deloitte has a big operations practice. McKinsey also hires for operations. There are others I am sure...not to the level of strategy but there are operations jobs.

Thanks River !

I had my interview yesterday on the telephone. Questions were similar to the ones already mentioned here. After the interview i was told that i would get my result in January. So no early results this season ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Concentration: Consulting, General Management
Schools:HBS, Kellogg (i/v ed), Tuck(Ding), Duke (admitted), Ross
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Kudos
Hi, I am in for R1 too.
I did interview with alumni. I am based in India. BTW, was curious to know how many Indians typically get into Kellogg? Just curious as I have non traditional profile and fall in older applicant category.
Thanks and best of luck to every one.
Current Student
Schools:Ross, Cornell ($), Kellogg, Wharton, Stanford, Berkeley ($$)
 Q44  V41
Send PM
Kudos
OMG i'm so pissed. Left my phone at my desk and returned to a missed call from "Unavailable" (which NEVER happens) around 4pm EST. My heart dropped as a hurriedly checked the voicemail.

Turns out it was Ann Taylor telling me about a sweater sale. damnit.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [1]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
Kudos
I think I have ulcer due to Earl Marsh-fiasco....

This was happening between the time Terp posted his 815 number call entry and up until 15 minutes ago:

Me: [constantly clicking and clicking to refresh my browser to see if Kellogg forum was updated]

Then my fingers started to hurt and I opened by Microsoft VB 2005 editor and started writing VB.net macro code for my internet explorer so this would automatically refresh every 5 seconds until I force stop it.

Then when terp said something about calling back 4 times but the line was busy....I began to think it really was Kellogg call - busy trying to contact other admits...

Then I realized my phone wasn't ringing....

I began to doubt and question myself:

"Maybe I wasn't good enough for Kellogg..."

"Perhaps I should have wore my lucky pink tie to my kellogg interview and that could have been the difference..."

"Stupid Dartmouth...if they admitted me back in 2001 as undergrad, i wouldn't have NYU on my transcript and I would look like better candidate.....hate you Tuck!!! No I don't...I take it back..I still love you ...until I get your reject letter...at least"

"Should I call Kellogg and pretend that someone from kellogg admin office just called but I missed it and Beth Flye left voicemail......."

Now I can breathe little easier.....but ulcer....I might have it.....or is this from that weird looking sandwich from lunch????
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  115   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts