Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 10:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
SVP
SVP
Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Followers: 71

Kudos [?]: 685 [1] , given: 548

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2009, 11:39
This post received
KUDOS
ACNguy wrote:
Does anyone have an outline of what the Career Progress Survey (Kellogg's recommendation letter format) looks like? My recommenders are trying to get a head start on these and I can't seem to find what this looks like anywhere? Also, does this survey change often or is it basically the same each year?

Thanks everyone!

My application was done online so I have no idea what recommendation part looks like. But attached is a copy of Recommendation Letter form for Kellogg PT MBA Program. Not sure if this is exactly what it looks like for FT program or not. Riverripper or another Kellogg student can probably confirm.

Attachment:
RecommendationForm.doc [82.5 KiB]
Downloaded 709 times
To download please login or register as a user

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 77

Kudos [?]: 691 [1] , given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2009, 16:15
This post received
KUDOS
I compiled the last three class profile documents into one pdf. You might find it interesting or you might not but check it out.

Attachments

File comment: 2007, 2008, and now 2009 Kellogg Incoming Class Profiles
Kellogg Incoming Class Profile.pdf [176.41 KiB]
Downloaded 236 times

To download please login or register as a user

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Columbia Business School - Class of 2012
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 37 [1] , given: 22

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Aug 2009, 14:57
This post received
KUDOS
http://www.precisionessay.com/blog/?p=74

This is pretty good and blunt, RE: Essay #3
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Schools: Duke 2012
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 114 [1] , given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2009, 17:49
This post received
KUDOS
ACNguy wrote:
Gil wrote:

Just go into the building and take the elevators immediately on the left to second floor. The elevator opens in front of admissions.

I am going to be on campus if any of you want to get together for lunch feel free to mail me at geyal2011 (at) kellogg.northwestern.edu

Hey, I'll be there on Monday and like I said have my morning pretty well booked up I believe and an interview at 1. I'm not sure if a lunch with students is already in my "itinerary" that was set up for me, but if not I'd definitely be interested in meeting up and chatting before my interview! At these "all day tours/interviews" do they generally have a lunch with a student factored in?

Kellogg's visits are not formally structured. They have different activities on different days (they have lunch with students available on Mondays, but there is no formal visit schedule).

"Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity." - Frank Leahy

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Cornell AMBA($$), Kellogg MBA(w/d), Ross(w/d), Ivey MBA(w/d), Haas
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 2

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2009, 20:17
This post received
KUDOS
Hi GoBruins,

Thanks for the interview info from last year. Had mine a couple of days ago.

Met an alumni who is currently in a Big 3 consulting firm . A recent Kellogg graduate.

The interview went well i think considering it was nearly 1 1/2 hr long. I believe Kellogg does give the Alumni, some specific questions which have to be asked.( actually a big list)

A list of some of the questions: ( not in any particular order)
1) Tell me about you leadership experiences
2) What do u like about ur current job and what u dont like.
3) How did ur peers react to ur promotion
4) Since ur successful in ur company, why do u need a MBA
5) Why Kellogg? ( i should have rambled on, but my mind got blocked midway. I just was able to get 3-4 imp reasons before i had cramps in my brain. :( )
6) Any difficult team situations u faced and how did u resolve them
7) Any example of a situation when u initiated something constructive at the workplace
8) How will u contribute to Kellogg. Any particular clubs you want to join
9) Post MBA goals, any particular industry and whether u want to return back to Singapore
10) Do u like traveling and anything u dont like about it
11) What would ur managers say about you as a person and an employee. ( I should have said more, but didn't feel like bragging :-). So if anyone else you gets this chance, do take the opportunity. ).
12) Tell me about ur leadership style. How did it change throughout ur career. Any particular leadership style u want to aspire for? ( really liked this question, since i did have a some experiences to relate to how and why my style varied through my career)

etc

then i asked the alumni some questions about the Kellogg culture and about Consulting career in particular.

I did meet the alumni earlier at the Kellogg Singapore event so it wasn't so awkward and the interview was more relaxed. A lot of emphasis was on leadership at the workplace or outside if any. funny we didn't dwell so long into the Extra curricular, since we spent more time on my leadership roles at the workplace.

Now i just need to give some finishing touches to my essays and upload them.

Best of luck to us all.

http://mbatraveller.wordpress.com/

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Kellogg School of Management

Kudos [?]: 29 [1] , given: 10

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2009, 05:14
This post received
KUDOS
Just to give everyone a little taste of Kellogg, I wanted to share something with you.

A little after the beginning of each year, the Kellogg Student Administration holds a short ettiquest meeting with all students where they reinforce the rules of behaviour at Kellogg. Only when you arrive in the school do you realize how the "play nice" culture is important at Kellogg.

Anyways, I was fortunate enough to have a small role in preparing the movie that was shown at the event. The goal was to send a clear message about proper behaviour at Kellogg events while keeping it fun and entertaining. Hope you like it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFkjTN4xTZ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyO-vfmPSYc

Part three was not completed in time. They may upload it later...

P.S. - the Hummus/Falafel joke is an inside joke because I am Israeli and everyone seems to expect me to be infatuated with Falafel and Hummus...
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: R1: Stanford, Booth, Stern; R2: Columbia, Anderson, McCombs, Marshall
WE 1: 4 years, corporate event planning

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 3

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2009, 09:43
This post received
KUDOS
billyjeans wrote:
Woah, that is surprise to see. Would you mind to share with us your experience?

Nothing wrong with the school or program - just not the right fit for me location-wise. I found the campus more rural than I would like, and talking to some students it seemed like most of the student body lives near campus and spends most time of their time in Evanston. I am not too keen on the "college town" experience; experiencing Chicago itself was a huge part of why I was interested in the first place.

I visited Booth on the same trip and much preferred it there, where a larger portion of the student body lives and spends time in Chicago proper. (Also, I prefer Chicago's flexible curriculum.)

In terms of academics, activities, programs, etc., Kellogg seems excellent. It just wasn't worth working on the app for me, given how competitive Kellogg is and what I've mentioned above. I am spending my energy on the Booth and NYU applications instead.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: HBS, Stanford, Wharton, Kellogg

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 2

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2009, 06:51
This post received
KUDOS
cesc4 wrote:
Given that people have been interviewing since before the application deadline, what documents, if any, does the interviewer get to look at before conducting the interview?

The school doesn't provide the interviewer with any documents, but you are asked to send him / her your resume in advance. So they'll just have the resume to work off of, regardless of when you interview.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Cornell AMBA($$), Kellogg MBA(w/d), Ross(w/d), Ivey MBA(w/d), Haas

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 2

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2009, 06:58
This post received
KUDOS
niraja wrote:
niraja wrote:
people,

i'll be submitting R2. i just started filling out part 1 and didn't see a spot for activities conducted after college. the activities section specifically states to mention those done while in college.

am i missing something?

anyone?

Hi,

I believe that the same page which you sumit your activites in college has an additonal section for you to submit your activites post-university. Just scroll down and you will see it.

http://mbatraveller.wordpress.com/

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Kellogg School of Management

Kudos [?]: 29 [1] , given: 10

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2009, 07:16
This post received
KUDOS
Hey guys,

The Kellogg Marketing Competition took place last night. Here's a video one of the teams released. Some inside jokes but I think most are self explanatory.

The guy singing also edited the video and wrote the song. He is going places!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq46Ab9_46E
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2009, 05:48
This post received
KUDOS
All the best guys! Hope the good news starts pouring in soon for everyone!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Ross Class of 2012
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 45 [1] , given: 20

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2009, 13:42
This post received
KUDOS
Looks like I'm the first Ding on GMATclub. Good luck to everyone else. Now I'm just holding out for Darden in R1 and Ross and Fuqua in R2. Good luck to everyone! To hell with the Chicago schools... :cry:
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Ross Class of 2012
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 45 [1] , given: 20

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2009, 17:57
This post received
KUDOS
You guys are all fantastic. If nothing else, this forum is a perfect remedy for the rejection that many applicants get. I'll get over this. It was my top choice but now I'm just going to focus my energy on schools that I actually got a better vibe from but just was taking geography into consideration and making Kellogg my number 1. It's a fantastic school but there are other fantastic schools out there. Now is just time to really invest in my Duke and Michigan apps and really, really, really focus on nailing my Darden interview in a few weeks.

Honestly, I really do appreciate everyone's support. I imagine going through this process alone is extremely difficult and you guys all mitigate that and it really is remarkable. To all those still waiting on Kellogg, truly best of luck. Keep on representing this forum well and go and do great things in Evanston and well beyond. Having said that, I'll still be around and answer any and all questions (though, admittedly probably not on this thread AS much :-D )
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 164 [1] , given: 20

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2009, 09:03
This post received
KUDOS
xpiano1978 wrote:
Any of you accepted OR dinged people MMM applicants? (I'm going for MMM). Would be illuminating (at least to me) to see if they're doing MMM's as a separate batch, or interspersed with with the other 2y admits.

Thanks.

Last year alot of the MMM people got it on the same day. You're in a seperate pool.

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Berkeley-Haas MBA
WE 1: Investment Management (fund of funds)
WE 2: Private Equity ($2bn generalist fund)

Kudos [?]: 13 [1] , given: 7

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2009, 14:14
This post received
KUDOS
A good update from the Kellogg Adcom Blog:
http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/Hom ... sions.aspx
Quote:
Special note for JD-MBA candidates: We will be releasing decisions for the JD-MBA program after January 1, 2010 so please do not expect a decision prior to that date. Thank you for your patience.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg, Sloan, LBS, NYU Stern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 22:10
This post received
KUDOS
R1 - Admitted on Wednesday afternoon to the 2-year MBA program (Interviewed on campus on November 9). Did not post earlier since I was convinced I was just having a mid-day hallucination. A huge thank you to all of you on this forum that helped me with this process. After what seems like a track record of rejection to me, this acceptance undoubtedly makes life's prospects appear slightly brighter.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2012

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 3

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2010, 12:44
This post received
KUDOS
milias wrote:
hellobirdieapp wrote:
i had my off-campus interview 2 weeks ago, but my status still says "submitted" -- does anyone know if there is any indication of when our interviewer submits feedback?

If it's any consolation, I had my on-campus interview last November, and my status still says "Submitted."

Hahahahaha! You guys have to use this link to check status: http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/pro ... tatus.aspx

For whatever reason Kellogg updates this instead of the application page.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 34 [1] , given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2010, 10:35
This post received
KUDOS
GoalMBA2010 wrote:
Any one know if we should expect a phone call or email for Round 2 decisions? Assuming the decision is "Admitted" :)

You will get a call if you're domestic; if you're international and have a big time difference, then you're likely to get an email instead. Hope this helps!

Respect my Authoritaaah!

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 34 [1] , given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2010, 10:08
This post received
KUDOS
johnngalt wrote:
I believe it is because the applicant pool is super competitive this year.

So I was snooping around a little and found this in the 2/1 chat transcript with Beth Flye at Kellogg admissions:

Q: Can you compare and contrast the number of applications you've received this year vs. last?

BethFlyeKellogg: Our applications are slightly up compared with this time last year. There are no dramatic differences between the rounds thus far and the quality continues to be strong.

Q: How competitive has the applicant pool been this year both in terms of quality and raw numbers?

BethFlyeKellogg: I am pleased to report that the quality of the applicant pool continues to be outstanding, and it is on par with the pools from recent years. As for the volume, we are slightly up compared with this time last year.

So unless something big happened after 2/1, it seems that this should not have been caused by a huge uptick in number of applications. Anyway, I'm probably reading too much into it as it is, but it's very hard not to think about it with decision release so, so close.

Respect my Authoritaaah!

1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 237 [1] , given: 17

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2010, 14:09
This post received
KUDOS
The calls come from members of the adcom (who if you interviewed on campus may also have been your interviewer). While decisions are definitely starting to go out today there's no reason to expect that a majority of round 2 decisions will be communicated today. If you consider how many people are accepted in each round, it would be a tall order for the adcom to call a majority of them in one day. I think you should expect to see it follow the timing of round 1, with most decisions going out over the next 2 weeks.

Hang in there guys, you've come this far and the waiting is almost over.

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants!   [#permalink] 08 Mar 2010, 14:09