Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 02:20 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 02:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Operations
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Schools:Columbia Business School - Class of 2012
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Product Management
Schools:Kellogg, Wharton, Booth, Columbia, MIT, NYU
 Q47  V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:Stanford R1(W/o Int), HBS R1(W/o Int), Kellogg R1(Ding), Haas R2(W/o Int), Wharton R2(W/o Int), Darden(W/o Int)
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink]
Application is up right now if anyone wants to start and get motivated like I did to work on essays.
Shiva
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:Duke 2012
Send PM
javaexe wrote:
Application is up right now if anyone wants to start and get motivated like I did to work on essays.
Shiva

I submitted Part 1 - guess there's no turning back now :shock:

Kellogg made me feel like a schmuck though, I couldn't possibly fill out all of their EC fields.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Operations
Send PM
highhopes wrote:
Kellogg made me feel like a schmuck though, I couldn't possibly fill out all of their EC fields.

Nice job on already submitting Part 1. The Wharton app had a ton of blank EC fields too, made me feel the same way.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: GM or Marketing in Digital Media/Internet Products
Schools:Haas, Kellogg, Anderson, Marshall for 2010 matriculation
 Q47  V44
Send PM
I feel accomplished. I submitted Part I so its no turning back now. Nevermind the fact that its nearly 3AM and I have to go to work tomorrow.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
gregarious wrote:
highhopes wrote:

Nice job on already submitting Part 1. The Wharton app had a ton of blank EC fields too, made me feel the same way.

Don't sweat it guys, it's all about the quality, not the quantity (or so they say).

Time to TCB, things are gettin real now...this is the first live app I've created. Are most people selecting "No" to releasing SSN and other information on the whole privacy question (I don't know if it matters)?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: General,Marketing,International Business
Send PM
Asking for inputs again on essay 3!

I'm clear of the content `but in term of style are you writing it in third person? or are you writing it like a normal essay where you highlight certain areas of strength from your app and explain why peers would value them? For example if I list a hobby such as playing the piano. Now if I write in third person I have to assume an evaluator makes a judgment just on that one fact. However if I pick up that, explain it a bit more and then highlight what peers would value that its more impactful. But is that what the question asks?
Director
Director
Send PM
Skye10 wrote:
gregarious wrote:
highhopes wrote:

Don't sweat it guys, it's all about the quality, not the quantity (or so they say).

Time to TCB, things are gettin real now...this is the first live app I've created. Are most people selecting "No" to releasing SSN and other information on the whole privacy question (I don't know if it matters)?

Didn't that question just ask if you wanted the information shared right away or only after you submit your application? I just said yes.
Director
Director
Send PM
aditi123 wrote:

I'm clear of the content `but in term of style are you writing it in third person? or are you writing it like a normal essay where you highlight certain areas of strength from your app and explain why peers would value them? For example if I list a hobby such as playing the piano. Now if I write in third person I have to assume an evaluator makes a judgment just on that one fact. However if I pick up that, explain it a bit more and then highlight what peers would value that its more impactful. But is that what the question asks?

I'm writing in first person, I feel like the third person is less personal (but more presumptuous, which could be good I guess). I think it's completely up to you and what's more comfortable/what gets your point across.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General
Schools:Ross Class of 2012
 Q47  V40
Send PM
highhopes wrote:
aditi123 wrote:

I'm writing in first person, I feel like the third person is less personal (but more presumptuous, which could be good I guess). I think it's completely up to you and what's more comfortable/what gets your point across.

It's completely up to you from what I've read. I agree with highhopes that writing in first person seems to be more personable and thus can probably let your personality come out a little bit in an essay that drastically limits that otherwise. On the other hand, writing in third person strictly adheres to the way the question is framed but I don't think you'll get screwed if you go either way.
Current Student
 Q47  V40
Send PM
One other thing...Northwestern's on-campus interviews, are they held on every day of the week or just on Fridays, or some other day? I chose the option to call and will do so in two business days. I just want to have a list of days that work for me but want to ensure that I know which days I have as options. Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: General,Marketing,International Business
Send PM
thanks high hopes & acn.
I think im going to stick to first person too as i'm more comfortable with that and it lets me discuss in depth 1-2 aspects of my file .

Are you going over all aspects of your file or also only tackling 1-2 key areas which you think your peers value and that you havent addressed elsewhere?
Current Student
 Q47  V40
Send PM
aditi123 wrote:
thanks high hopes & acn.
I think im going to stick to first person too as i'm more comfortable with that and it lets me discuss in depth 1-2 aspects of my file .

Are you going over all aspects of your file or also only tackling 1-2 key areas which you think your peers value and that you havent addressed elsewhere?

I'm basically just going over a few areas and showing how they can be beneficial to the Kellogg community and make me a valuable member of their classroom.
Intern
Intern
Schools:Ross 2012
 Q48  V37
Send PM
highhopes wrote:
javaexe wrote:
Shiva

Where do you all think is the best place to put things done at work outside of my job responsibilities? I've formed a team from scratch and am now real active in it, but dont think it really constitutes an EC. Essays and a brief line on the resume?
Director
Director
Send PM
aditi123 wrote:
thanks high hopes & acn.

I'm sticking to basically one too.
Director
Director
Send PM
ACNguy wrote:
One other thing...Northwestern's on-campus interviews, are they held on every day of the week or just on Fridays, or some other day? I chose the option to call and will do so in two business days. I just want to have a list of days that work for me but want to ensure that I know which days I have as options. Thanks!

I think they have them everyday, it said somewhere that they do them on Saturdays during busy times. I was there on a Monday and they had them.
Director
Director
Send PM
2010app wrote:
highhopes wrote:
javaexe wrote:
Shiva

Where do you all think is the best place to put things done at work outside of my job responsibilities? I've formed a team from scratch and am now real active in it, but dont think it really constitutes an EC. Essays and a brief line on the resume?

I think you could still put it on that form. It said Extra-Curriculars/Interests or something like that, right?
Intern
Intern
Schools:Ross 2012
 Q48  V37
Send PM
Where do you all think is the best place to put things done at work outside of my job responsibilities? I've formed a team from scratch and am now real active in it, but dont think it really constitutes an EC. Essays and a brief line on the resume?[/quote]

I think you could still put it on that form. It said Extra-Curriculars/Interests or something like that, right?[/quote]

Actual title of that part of the app is "Extracurricular Activities and Business/Professional Organizations"
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13  ...  136   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts