Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 20:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Schools: Cornell AMBA($$), Kellogg MBA(w/d), Ross(w/d), Ivey MBA(w/d), Haas
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2010, 18:01
There comes a point where you might have hope, but you still need to give up if you want to move on.
After more than 3 months of waiting for Kellogg, i had to remove myself from being on the waitlist. Just got my F-1 approved for Cornell and would be matriculating in the AMBA program next month.

Kellogg would have been the perfect choice for me, for my post-MBA goals, but now i just need to achieve them from Cornell which is still doable, albiet with a little more effort.

Congrats to all those who got admission and to those who are on the Waitlist, i sympathize for you. Its a tiring, painful and long process. All the best to you all.

http://mbatraveller.wordpress.com/

Last edited by bpr81 on 12 Apr 2010, 22:05, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2010, 21:07
R2 waitlisted candidate ..got dinged..sad
Current Student
Schools: Fuqua Class of 2012
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 21

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2010, 14:48
Has anyone heard anything from their waitlist managers? I'm tempted to call but I've heard others have only gotten to voicemail, plus I don't want to appear overeager. I guess "we anticipate making admit and deny decisions April 12" means that they will come when adcom is ready.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 3

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2010, 09:57
This post received
KUDOS
Has this become a paid site? Or has no one posted any updates for the past week or so. Just curious.

Any movement on the waitlist? Accepts, Dings, Leaving for other M7's.

Best of luck all, Cheers.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Darden (R1), Duke (R1), Kellogg 1Y (R1), Berkeley MBA/MPH (R2), Wharton (R2)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 27

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2010, 12:26
Not paid...just no movement....Here's to learning patience!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Ross, Kelley, McCombs, Tuck, Stanford, HBS, Kellogg
WE 1: 5 yrs Financial Services/Compliance

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2010, 08:01
Hi all, wondering if anyone knows from previous waitlists if it is a rolling process or if we should not expect anything new until the next decision date on May 10th? Thanks
Current Student
Schools: Fuqua Class of 2012
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 21

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2010, 09:10
dli1981 wrote:
Hi all, wondering if anyone knows from previous waitlists if it is a rolling process or if we should not expect anything new until the next decision date on May 10th? Thanks

I don't have any previous experience, but after talking with my WL manager earlier this week, I'd say it's unlikely that we hear anything prior to May 10th. My WL manager told me that they are so busy prepping for DAK that they aren't focused on the waitlist right now. Whether that's completely true, I have no idea, but it makes sense considering the size of Round 2 for them. Most of the movement depends on the Round 2 deposit deadline (May 5th) and how that plays out. Hopefully they have to pull heavily from the waitlist, particularly GMATClub folks.
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 695 [1] , given: 5

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2010, 13:38
This post received
KUDOS
I have a few friends who got accepted late july and even early august. I know one person who actually had already moved and gotten settled in at another program before being let in and then deciding to come to Kellogg. Definitely dont give up hope.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2010, 16:42
I guess now that DAK II is done with, we should hear from people who are deciding against paying a deposit. Hopefully - we see some movement in the waitlist.

Good luck all!
Manager
Manager
Schools: Darden (R1), Duke (R1), Kellogg 1Y (R1), Berkeley MBA/MPH (R2), Wharton (R2)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 27

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2010, 10:52
Hooray for movement! Just under two weeks until D-Day!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Booth Class of 2012

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2010, 11:08
For roll call purposes, I got dinged from the WL but did not receive an e-mail. I found out recently via the status check page.

Good luck to those still waiting!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg (Accepted), Wharton (interviewed) Columbia, Tuck(waitlisted) , Duke (invited)

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 14

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 May 2010, 10:05
Hello I have been a GMAT club member for quite some time but just found this blog. Is great to here that so many people have been admitted to this point. Congrats to all.
I, on the other hand, was waitlisted on Round 2.
I think my stats are not as great as some of you.
GMAT score 620.
Top school in my country.
International Latin American
Female
27 years old.
Strong Recs and essays ( I think :P )
57 month experience in between two top fortune 500 companies in Marketing / Brand Management.
Applied to the 1 year MBA ( I know my odds suck since this class ... really small)

I guess my biggest weakness was GMAT score and when I called my WL officer that is exactly what she said. Their biggest worry was the quantitative section percentile (compared to the pool of applicants). So I decided to take the test again and score+20 pts in quantitative percentile ( I just focused on quant), but I got the same 620.
I dunno if that is good or bad, I did send the scores as an update and a recent promotion too.
I have been keeping in touch and my boss wants to send in a letter but I'm not sure about that move don't want to push it to far. (He has been very supportive and is rooting for me hehe).
If I hear anything I'll let you know!
P.S. GMATs such a pain :S
Manager
Manager
Schools: MIT

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 May 2010, 20:30
For roll call purposes - I have decided not to attend K after all so that should open up a waitlist spot for someone.
I really enjoyed DAK but I think at the end of the day MIT is a better fit for my career goals. Sad because the people I met at Kellogg were so much more fun :?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg (Accepted), Wharton (interviewed) Columbia, Tuck(waitlisted) , Duke (invited)

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 May 2010, 20:01
gmatbschool The best of luck at MIT I'm sure it will be great! Good for you that you got accpeted in two schools and had alternatives :).
Again congrats!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 May 2010, 20:03
Guys received an e-mail from my WL officer today.
All replys to wait list candidates will be realeased on the 10th.
Good luck to all! In my case I can't sleep :shock:
I guess after the 10th I will be able to shut some eye!
Manager
Manager
Schools: MIT

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 May 2010, 07:23
Thanks nhadpc! Best of luck for the waitlist!
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 2

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 May 2010, 10:36
This post received
KUDOS
Howdy,
I decided to join Booth after all, so another waitlist spot should open up today. Actually as today is the deadline for Kellogg deposit, I am guessing there should be good movement in the waitlist soon. I had fun at Kellogg interview, class visits, DAK and I will hate to miss all the action up there. You guys keep me in loop for parties.
Have fun,
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 May 2010, 20:58
Hello manager...
just out of curiosity to which program were you applying (2Y, 1Y, MMM, etc)
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 May 2010, 14:22
Tomorrow is May 10th, hopefully there is waitlist movement. Best of luck everyone.

Any idea on how many people are on the waitlist and how many usually get admitted (%, past #'s)....this may have been discussed earlier, so I apologize for repeating.
Current Student
Schools: Kellog(R3),Olin (R3),Owen (R4),Tepper(R3),Johnson (R4)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 May 2010, 06:55
With the anticipated movement for the Waitlist today, should final Round applicants expect some decisions as well? It says they would begin releasing decisions 2-3 weeks before the deadline and with May 17th being only 1 week out, I havent seen any information about anyone final round applicant receiving notification.
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants!   [#permalink] 10 May 2010, 06:55