Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:09 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Consulting
Schools:GSB, Berkeley, Kellogg MMM, MIT
 Q49  V42
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Schools: Harvard Business School - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.67
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink]
Kudos
I'm in! I'm still sort of in shock about the whole thing. Here's my stats...

2y program; Interview w/alumni off-campus on Oct. 20; GMAT 750; GPA 3.67 large state school; Male; lots of good ECs; will have 8+ years of work experience when I matriculate (I'm old!)

Today very quickly went from a bad day to a VERY good day. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
GPA: 3.59
WE:Consulting (Retail)
Send PM
Kudos
hope123 wrote:
bonobocobra wrote:
IMO, that's a lot of invites yesterday and today! Wouldn't be surprised if there are just a few left to be sent out.

I second that. Based on the activity seen here, I would be very surprised if by end of day tomorrow (Friday) > 10% admits are still left

I really doubt this. There seem to be a LOT more participants in the forum this year than in 2010 and 2009. There were roughly 75 R1 participants between 2009 AND 2010. We have 57 just for R1 (and that number hasn't been updated in a while).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy,Finance,Marketing
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2013
Send PM
Kudos
I really doubt this. There seem to be a LOT more participants in the forum this year than in 2010 and 2009. There were roughly 75 R1 participants between 2009 AND 2010. We have 57 just for R1 (and that number hasn't been updated in a while).[/quote]

+1. Amidst all these admit call updates, I need to keep reminding myself that everything's relative. Definitely a lot more participants than previous years.[/quote]

I think there may be many more calls tomorrow. perhaps next week things may get pretty slow but there's still one more day to go at least. Someone had asked about scholarship info so just want to relate that when I logged into the admitted students portion of the website under Financial Aid, it said that you need to apply by Feb 15 (i think) and after that they will give u an offer and additional scholarships may be offered. so i guess there is still possibility of money even if we didn't hear anything during the acceptance call.

hope that helps!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Kudos
While I was anxiously checking my online status, I was wondering which I prefer - being dinged or wait-listed.
I think that if you're dinged, at least you can move on with your life. Sort of like breaking up with a boyfriend (girlfriend for all you males out there). It's hard but you're opening up for new and exciting opportunities. But, if you're wait-listed, it's like you're in a bad relationship, you know something isn't working, but you just can't let go. :?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Darden (R1), Duke (R1), Kellogg 1Y (R1), Berkeley MBA/MPH (R2), Wharton (R2)
Send PM
Kudos
Just got the rejection email a few minutes ago. I think I'm done with business school. Good grades. Good test. Two years. No admit. Med School here I come!
Intern
Intern
Schools:Wharton, Columbia, Kellogg, Booth
GPA: 3.9
WE 1: IB
WE 2: PE / VC / HF
Send PM
Kudos
Just got a call from Kellogg (847) this morning 10 am EST - I'm in!

So, yesterday, I'd been wondering about how Kellogg would turn out - I thought I had a strong application and good grades/GMAT etc, but you never know with b-school applications...and a few of the admits had already heard...

As it turns out, Kellogg may have informed me late, but they did want me! I was also informed in the call about a named scholarship that I had received. Good stuff!

For those that are interested, I'm international / M / mid-700s GMAT, high GPA / 5 yrs WE. The strongest part of my Kellogg application were my essays - primarily because I did the Kellogg app last (so it benefited from the improvements resulting from other apps).

Gotta get through my work-day now somehow! Best of luck to others waiting...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy / Operations
Schools:Kellogg R1 (waitlist), LBS R1 (waitlist), <strong>Ivey+$$$</strong>
 Q50  V42
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: Program Management / Marketing / Technology Integration
Send PM
Kudos
I interviewed off-campus during early Oct, no emails or change in status online yet. I think I'm destined for eternal limbo on the waitlist. Meh. Put me out of my misery, AdCom.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
confusionking wrote:
Just got a call from Kellogg (847) this morning 10 am EST - I'm in!

So, yesterday, I'd been wondering about how Kellogg would turn out - I thought I had a strong application and good grades/GMAT etc, but you never know with b-school applications...and a few of the admits had already heard...

As it turns out, Kellogg may have informed me late, but they did want me! I was also informed in the call about a named scholarship that I had received. Good stuff!

For those that are interested, I'm international / M / mid-700s GMAT, high GPA / 5 yrs WE. The strongest part of my Kellogg application were my essays - primarily because I did the Kellogg app last (so it benefited from the improvements resulting from other apps).

Gotta get through my work-day now somehow! Best of luck to others waiting...

Wow!!! really good stuff! big congrats to you...I got in on Wednesday and still I've been on this forum everyday just reading and staying in touch with people - don't know if that makes me pathetic, LOL, but it's fun around here and I get excited hearing all the great news :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Given Kudos: 32
WE 1: 3Y IB
WE 2: 3Y Non-profit Healthcare
Send PM
Kudos
Beth Flye just left a message for my wife. I'm thinking she's definitely in. I'm ecstatic for her but I'm very worried about me. The last two days I had thought that we were just at the end of somebody's A-G pile but this has me worried.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
I'M IN!
and very excited ;)

I actually got a mail, and not a phone call. with the title "update from Kellogg" so I was sure it was a ding. turns out they had problems reaching me through the phone so they sent an email delivering the news and I was asked to contact Jennifer Hayes to get my code and all....

International, 24yo, GMAT 710, GPA 91 (0-100 scale), background in the Media and Diplomatic fields, mainly in Israel and Africa.

Interview: Oct 10th

Status online still says "All the required elements of your application are complete".

Best of luck to you all!!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools:Kellogg (accepted!), HBS (ding w/int), Wharton (WL R1, accepted R2!!)
Send PM
Kudos
princessneha wrote:
Weird, I haven't had any status updates to my application like that -- mine still just says submission status: submitted for both parts 1 and 2 of the application. My interview was off campus on 11/22...was I supposed to submit something after the interview to indicate I had completed it??

Based on others in the forum, it sounds as if they'll contact you if anything is missing on your end, so I wouldn't worry. Also, are you using the "check application status" link? The message above is what I get when I click on the "apply online/view application" link.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
traveler wrote:
i wonder if the anxiety ever pushes people to the brink and they call adcom begging to get admitted?

Hahaaaa..gosh I hope not! They would take a note of your name and change that might be acceptance to a quick ding! LOL
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:INSEAD(R1), Kellogg (R1), HBS (R1)
GMAT 2: 710
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: 4 years Mech Eng.
Send PM
Kudos
Ok I just got the call from Beth. I'm in! This is nuts because I have been losing sleep and jittery the past two days thanks to this forum. I had accepted defeat. Here is my profile:

Male 28, MMM, 710, 3.1 ugrad and grad, Top 20 Ugrad, Top 10 Eng M.S, Mech Eng, Top Oil&Gas, also got scholarship offer

I'm still jittery from the news but now I have a smile on my face :-) Good luck to everyone else.

I'll also share tha I didn't think my interview went well AT ALL!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Kellogg round 1 applicant dinged today. Saw some posts saying that early dings weren't occurring. However, it is true. It does look like dings go out in the morning in an email, requesting you to check your status. When you click you receive the letter informing you of your denial:

The Admissions Committee has completed its review of your application for the Kellogg School of Management and Two-Year Program. Despite your many merits as a candidate, I regret to inform you that we are not able to offer you a place in the entering class. See below:

The Admissions Committee carefully evaluated your application in the following areas: work experience, career plans, academic ability and performance, extracurricular and community involvement, leadership and interpersonal skills. Decisions are based upon a thorough evaluation of your individual strengths and weaknesses, as well as your qualifications relative to all others in our applicant pool. This decision is not a reflection of your personal qualities and achievements or your potential for success in management, but merely a reflection of the limited number of places in the class.

We certainly wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors, and thank you for your interest in the Kellogg School of Management and Two-Year Program .

Sincerely,

Beth Flye
Assistant Dean, Director of Admissions and Financial Aid

Racking my brain to figure out what I need to change for Round 2. I thought I was a fairly competitive applicant.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools:Kellogg (accepted!), HBS (ding w/int), Wharton (WL R1, accepted R2!!)
Send PM
Kudos
downtown wrote:
RogerDodger wrote:
cavalier88 wrote:
I know this is a very stressful time for people (including myself). One of my peers at work is a Kellogg alum and reached out to a contact within the Admissions Office (not an Ad-com member itself though). Was told that the reason things are perceived 'slow' and why decisions are being rolled out this way is because they literally are still making final decisions for a large group of students. In other words, if you haven't received a decision, it is because they just haven't decided yet.

One interesting thing she said was that it is more than likely those who are to receive fellowship/scholarship dollars will find out much sooner than others simply because those decisions are made in a sort of priority listing down until every last available dollar is used.

+1 thanks for the info.

Great info, but I'm having a hard time processing this in with everything else that we've heard so far (as it's slightly conflicting with what someone else said earlier). Before someone said that Adcom is trying to get most stuff out by Monday, but this would imply that they still have a lot left to do and consequently we'll see more acceptances throughout next week up until the deadline.

So... what will it be? Most everything completed by Monday? Lots of decisions still to come through the end of next week?

In my opinion, the source that said they're trying to get everything out my Monday was wrong. The AdCom told two of us today that admits will keep coming out until 12/20. Also, people are still interviewing and acceptances came out until 5pm on the final day last year.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
I just got the email from Deena Williams (6.51am here) and I am IN!

I got up at 4am this morning and checked my status - no change, and I went back to bed... thought I would get up this morning with a DING mail in my inbox.

Anyway, profile: GMAT 710/F/WE 5Yrs/Consulting engineer with top firm (fourtune 500)/lots of EC.

Guys, best of luck - offers are still going out.

PS. I haven't had a proper sleep for two weeks now, so time to go to bed.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
Lurker here. Got the call from Deena Williams at about 3PM Eastern.

Profile:
Re-applicant and summer waitlister
5+ years work experience in technology
3.9 GPA
650 GMAT
International Applicant living in New York
Solid extracurriculars
Re-interviewed on November 20th 2010

Hope this helps those who are still waiting to hear back. Last year, people got accepted as late as the eve of the decision deadline so please keep hope alive :!:
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  179   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts